PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Tips

Carl C
05-01-2006, 02:57 PM
I put my exhaust tips on today. The old ones were not sealed in place; they had a rubber gasket and they came right off. I reused the gaskets so all the talk about tip sealers was moot for me. I had to hear it so I stuck it in the lake for a quick run; actually ran a little slower with the full gas tank but the sound is awesome; not as loud as I feared it would be. Yes, I lined up the slots on the screw heads!(is this just a Donzi thing?)

gold-n-rod
05-01-2006, 03:26 PM
Looks most excellent, Carl. They will sound awesome on Crystal Lake this summer.

:wavey:

undertaker
05-01-2006, 07:09 PM
Carl get that Black soot off the transom:biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.: just kidding they look nice, now go get yourself a nice new set of CMI exhaust:biggrin.: :biggrin.:

Undertaker:beer:

Kikwear
05-01-2006, 10:24 PM
Do the new boats come with the dual ram Bennetts?

yeller
05-01-2006, 10:50 PM
Looks good Carl. I like the looks of the angled tips. :yes:

gcarter
05-02-2006, 05:11 AM
I'm glad you like them and the sound they produce.
My wife was always complaining she couldn't hold a conversation in the back seat.
I'm glad they have an appreciative owner now.

undertaker
05-02-2006, 08:04 AM
Do the new boats come with the dual ram Bennetts?

Yes...:yes:

Undertaker:spongebob

Patrik Sweden
05-02-2006, 08:28 AM
I put my exhaust tips on today. The old ones were not sealed in place; they had a rubber gasket and they came right off. I reused the gaskets so all the talk about tip sealers was moot for me. I had to hear it so I stuck it in the lake for a quick run; actually ran a little slower with the full gas tank but the sound is awesome; not as loud as I feared it would be. Yes, I lined up the slots on the screw heads!(is this just a Donzi thing?)

Very nice! Was it hard to put them on?

Carl C
05-02-2006, 08:35 AM
Very nice! Was it hard to put them on? No, it was a breeze. Undertaker, I'm leery of doing engine mods because it would raise my insurance which is already at $700 yearly due to the two tickets I got in the Mustang last summer. Maybe I'll trick out the drive instead. It'd be nice to shoot roostertails again!

Patrik Sweden
05-02-2006, 09:08 AM
No, it was a breeze.

Ok:biggrin.:

Will these work?

Carl C
05-02-2006, 09:16 AM
Will these work? If the diameter of the inner pipe is the same then they should fit. Remember that if your tips were sealed in place then they will be harder to remove. You may have to put a 2x4 board in the end and rock it back and forth.

gold-n-rod
05-02-2006, 10:38 AM
Will these work?

Check first to see if the existing holes (maybe 10, 2 and 6 o'clock) will line up. You don't want to have to make more holes if you can help it.

I bought Corsa slash tips to replace my Corsa can mufflers for this very reason.

joseph m. hahnl
05-02-2006, 05:53 PM
[QUOTE=gcarter]
My wife was always complaining she couldn't hold a conversation in the back seat.
QUOTE]

I tested out the Minx with the new Dapars. Can You hear me now. I can carry on a converastion from the pilot seat to the rear seat.:beer:

Yes folks: full time thru the hull quiet like a thru the prop.":Well not as quiet" :p

There was no loss in top end. same Rpm and speed.

OH YAH : the "TRIM TAB BUTTONS ON THE STEARING WHEEL WORK F'N
GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

joe

p729lws
05-02-2006, 08:50 PM
Will these work?
Those will work:yes: :yes: :yes:

gold-n-rod
05-02-2006, 09:36 PM
I tested out the Minx with the new Dapars. Can You hear me now. I can carry on a converastion from the pilot seat to the rear seat.:beer:
Yes folks: full time thru the hull quiet like a thru the prop.":Well not as quiet" :p
There was no loss in top end. same Rpm and speed.

Awesome, Joe. Glad to hear these worked out for you. Dapars work great on my big boat. I'm glad to hear you are pleased with my recommendation. Enjoy!

ChromeGorilla
05-02-2006, 10:27 PM
Carl, good job.... they look great!