PDA

View Full Version : donzi switched paint suppliers

smokediver
04-30-2006, 09:58 PM
Donzi was using basf .... now they are going with ppg ... just a little info ....

yeller
04-30-2006, 11:41 PM
Regarding paint. The white stripe on my 04 22C is painted and clear coated. The yellow gel that is under the clear is as bright as new yet the unprotected gel is faded. I've been thinking that after I restore the gel, I'd like to clear coat the entire top side. Should I worry about whether I use the exact same clear or not? ie: is it possible that a different clear will cause adverse reactions to the original?

Sorry about stealing your thread smokediver, but it is such a good intro to my question. :)

gcarter
05-01-2006, 03:57 AM
Donzi was using basf .... now they are going with ppg ... just a little info ....
FWIW, BASF owns PPG.
It may be more of a change in the internal workings of BASF rather any choice of Donzi.

Scott Pearson
05-01-2006, 08:19 PM
gcarter....sorry BASF dosnt own PPG. Who told you that?

God help them if they go with PPG.......

Ed Donnelly
05-01-2006, 11:11 PM
Don't know why I am posting this as I am usually wrong,but here goes

B.A.S.F does own P.P.G. just not the P.P.G. every one knows of

P.P.G. Plasticos Packaging Group
Company is in Switzerland and was founded in 1993.........Ed

P.S. B.A.S.F. does not make products, they just make them work better,
or something like that.

gcarter
05-02-2006, 04:50 AM
gcarter....sorry BASF dosnt own PPG. Who told you that?
A paint supplier.
I guess I was mis-informed.

Scott Pearson
05-02-2006, 05:03 AM
When I worked for PPG you would see resins and pigments for other large companys at our plants. This also goes for BASF, Akzo, Dupont etc. You would see our resins and pigments at their plants. Buts as far as owning one another it might be very small parts. PPG ownes ICI Automotive refinish. Not ICI the company.

Rootsy,
I worked for PPG for 12 years and they have a whole lot of learning to do with their products and support. PPG is to worried about all their programs (that dont work) and not enuff about PAINT. There color match is the worst in the industery.

smokediver
05-02-2006, 10:53 AM
When I worked for PPG you would see resins and pigments for other large companys at our plants. This also goes for BASF, Akzo, Dupont etc. You would see our resins and pigments at their plants. Buts as far as owning one another it might be very small parts. PPG ownes ICI Automotive refinish. Not ICI the company.
Rootsy,
I worked for PPG for 12 years and they have a whole lot of learning to do with their products and support. PPG is to worried about all their programs (that dont work) and not enuff about PAINT. There color match is the worst in the industery.
I have to agree with scott . They are awful in regards as how they support their jobbers . And their marketing . I honestly believe that awlgrip would be a thing of the past if ppg pushed their concept line to the right people . ppg has terrible color match machines and should come out with something better . as far as local support , i can only say that the jobber here bends over backwards for customers and that shows in that he has about an 87% market share . ICI has great color match and hopefully ppg will share in some of that technology . the real bottom line is how well the jobber services the customer . I can tell you that here , they will match anything in any quanity , however long it takes .