PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Isle Pics

catch 22
04-30-2006, 11:57 AM
One day in Islamorada is not enough. Heres a couple of pics. Was down there Friday just for the day.

Sport
04-30-2006, 01:24 PM
That place is a blast ! I've stayed there about 10 times over the years. Love the Tiki Bar & Hog Heaven !

Sport

Barry Eller
04-30-2006, 01:40 PM
My wife, Denise and I spent a week there 3 years ago. We love it. Here are a few photos of our visit. We had the Dolphin encounter at the Theater of the Sea next to Holiday Isle. We really liked the Rum Runners at "Rum Runners".

boldts
04-30-2006, 06:29 PM
Been there myself 10 years ago. Actually it was our honeymoon. Probably has changed a bit since then, but looks pretty much the same. Eating breakfast in the morning on top of the rooms and watching the sun come up was excellent. Not to mention the parade of performance boats coming and going. There is a sandbar out off the beach there that at low tide is visable. If your in a boat, light water is not a good thing :eek:

Barry Eller
05-01-2006, 04:51 PM
Holiday Isle Resorts has a brochure for one of their properties, El Capitan,that has a Donzi docked there. www.holidayisle.com I want to go back again with my Donzi.

catch 22
05-01-2006, 05:56 PM
Barry, When we were there on Friday rumor has it that Holiday Isle has been sold for a mere 98.25 million. The bartender at the Tiki Hut said they were not sure when the last day will be, but she said the hotel wasn't taking anymore reservations after Dec. 2006. :frown:

BUIZILLA
05-01-2006, 06:31 PM
Rumor I heard, was that the buying conglomerate went Chap 11, and lost their deposit.... the HI owner told my father in law that little tidbit directly...

JH

Barry Eller
05-01-2006, 06:44 PM
Barry, When we were there on Friday rumor has it that Holiday Isle has been sold for a mere 98.25 million. The bartender at the Tiki Hut said they were not sure when the last day will be, but she said the hotel wasn't taking anymore reservations after Dec. 2006. :frown:
Wow! I hope the new owners preserve the facility close to what it is now. Too many quaint places like this are gone. Up here in the panhandle of Florida, there is nothing remaining of the things I grew up with as a child. Of course, that was a long time ago!!! Panama City, 100 miles east of Pensacola/Gulf Breeze, still has that "Tourist Trap" flavor, but not like it did in days of yore. What ever happened to "Saltwater Taffy"?

Barry Eller
05-01-2006, 06:52 PM
Rumor I heard, was that the buying conglomerate went Chap 11, and lost their deposit.... the HI owner told my father in law that little tidbit directly...
JH
Keep us informed. That place is near and dear to my heart!!!

BUIZILLA
05-01-2006, 06:54 PM
Barry, the plans call for it to be flattened.

If we are smart, 5 or 6 of us should go in together and get one of the new condo's there, and split it up sharewise... that is, if we are smart... I believe each condo gets a boat slip in the marina too...

JH

fasttrucker
05-01-2006, 07:14 PM
I spent many years in the keys and a lot of time at holiday isle.Never got into any trouble:bonk:

Barry Eller
05-01-2006, 07:35 PM
Barry, the plans call for it to be flattened.
If we are smart, 5 or 6 of us should go in together and get one of the new condo's there, and split it up sharewise... that is, if we are smart... I believe each condo gets a boat slip in the marina too...
JH
How much are the condos going for?

Barry Eller
05-01-2006, 08:31 PM
I've heard of mobile homes in the Keys going for 1 million. Key West is 800 miles from Pensacola, too far, and too expensive for me to invest in property just to go boating. My wife used to work for Coca-Cola. They had a position in Marathon she looked at but passed on because of the expense of living there. I'll miss the Holiday Isle as it is now. Time goes on, nothing stays the same.

catch 22
05-01-2006, 08:42 PM
The conglomorate went belly up to protect themselves from creditors, and somehow managed to close Friday on the property.. Condotel's will start @ 1 mill is the latest story..
That's what I read Scott but didn't know why.

florida gator
05-02-2006, 11:09 AM
Is it difficult to find it by boat? We were going to fly to Key West in mid June but I would like to take the boat to Holiday Isle before it gets torn down. Maybe do the boat from S Fl.

florida gator
05-02-2006, 11:12 AM
How hard is it to find from S Fl by boat? We were going to fly to Key West mid June but I would like to take the boat to Holiday Isle before it is demolished.