PDA

View Full Version : Name Sue's New 40th Anniversary Edition 22 Classic

Dr. Dan
04-29-2006, 12:46 PM
:smash: Ok, to officially welcome our New Lady to the Group here... let's post some ideas to name her boat...:bighug:
It's a 2004 22 Classic Canary Yellow 40th Anniversary Edition....Sue's Family is in the Marina Business, it will be making it's debut at the DustOff...
Mellow Yellow
Marina Sue
Marina Rat
Hot Flash
Knot Sue Slo
Su Prize
Suzies Sunrise
Hot Canary
Marina Del Sol
....etc. ... etc...
Doc The Name Dropper :smash:

ChromeGorilla
04-29-2006, 01:19 PM
Suenr or Later

dr
04-29-2006, 02:09 PM
"A Boat Named Sue"

mrfixxall
04-29-2006, 02:11 PM
"run Around Sue"

boldts
04-29-2006, 02:17 PM
Hotr Than Most & Not 40

I'm not a name guy..... Mine was always "She" or "Her" besides, on the back of a 22, where ya going to put it? I know, you all are going to :smash: me and explain it.

BUIZILLA
04-29-2006, 02:38 PM
Dan's close.......

SuePrize

MOP
04-29-2006, 02:40 PM
As most know I am in the Boat Biz one of the neatest names I have seen was "YES DEAR" that fits either gender!

Phil

Dr. Dan
04-29-2006, 03:57 PM
Dan's close.......
SuePrize

:bonk: I like that one Jim, dual meaning and Looks good like you have it...

Keep some more coming....

Anonymous :wavey:

ChromeGorilla
04-29-2006, 04:35 PM
Run Around Sue is my fav so far......

boldts
04-29-2006, 05:10 PM
Phil...I think ya watched too much Jackie Gleason or Archie Bunker in your early years... no one says "Yes Dear"...
Now it's more like Hey B*#ch...

Dang Doc. I must be older or watched the same shows Phil did. I'd never say "Hey B*#ch..." to a woman I cared about. Of course I'm not sure I would say "Yes Dear" either. Probably be more along the lines "OK Honey" Kind of like the guys who talk about their wives as "The Ole Lady" Not out of my mouth :)

gold-n-rod
04-29-2006, 05:17 PM
Sue Me (or So Sue Me or Then Sue Me)

Sue Be Doobie Doo! (or the alt version: Sue B Doo B Doo)

Carl C
04-29-2006, 06:03 PM
Sue You

DonziJon
04-29-2006, 06:52 PM
"Run Around Sue". Problem is: Where you gonna put it?? Sprawling it all over the side of the boat doesn't seem to be the "Classic" way. John :confused:

Carl C
04-29-2006, 07:15 PM
RunAgroundSue :biggrin:

onesubdrvr
04-29-2006, 07:16 PM
Sue Nami

Sueccess

Oh My Sueness

Suen Enough

Susies Q

Suevivor

40 goin' on 22

Just a couple,... brains a little fried right now :rolleyes:

Wayne

Dr. Dan
04-29-2006, 08:21 PM
Dang Doc. I must be older or watched the same shows Phil did. I'd never say "Hey B*#ch..." to a woman I cared about. Of course I'm not sure I would say "Yes Dear" either. Probably be more along the lines "OK Honey" Kind of like the guys who talk about their wives as "The Ole Lady" Not out of my mouth :)

:wavey: Scott...I wouldn't either...but I did watch those shows growing up ... in the 60's and ya heard it alot...then.

I never would address anyone I cared about that way either... even in jest. I'll remove that post so we don't get side tracked on more moral grounds and political correctness.

Just so we're clear! :bighug:

Doc :smash:

boldts
04-29-2006, 11:08 PM
Hey, no sweat doctor! Now back to welcoming Sue and naming her beautiful 40th Anniversary Classic.

tiger lily
04-30-2006, 12:50 AM
"Run Around Sue". Problem is: Where you gonna put it?? Sprawling it all over the side of the boat doesn't seem to be the "Classic" way. John :confused:

i guess im the trend setter, the name of my boat is on the sides.. in big orange letters....

sue
04-30-2006, 02:59 AM
Dan, thanks for the official welcome & for starting this thread. I never had a bunch of people that I never met come up with ideas about what to name my boat. I have to say that I had a great time reading everyone's ideas & comments.
Looks like "run around sue" is liked by most of you, but I don't think I could handle putting a name along the sides of my boat.
Phil, if I said "yes dear" I would not own this boat.
onesubdrvi, I love the name "susies Q", but "40 goin on 22" would not work. It makes allot of sense, but I think I would get a bit of grief since I am 51 "Hot Flash" would be more realistic!
Dan & Jim, "sueprize" is Great!
Dan. I also love the name "Suzies sunrise" since that is what I am going to be seeing soon if I continue writing this post.
Thank you all for the great ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep them coming!

MOP
04-30-2006, 03:56 AM
In lieu of "Hot Flash" what about "Power Surge", I have been calling Bonnies moments that for years.

Phil

Barry Eller
04-30-2006, 07:07 AM
Dan, thanks for the official welcome & for starting this thread. I never had a bunch of people that I never met come up with ideas about what to name my boat. I have to say that I had a great time reading everyone's ideas & comments.
Looks like "run around sue" is liked by most of you, but I don't think I could handle putting a name along the sides of my boat.
Phil, if I said "yes dear" I would not own this boat.
onesubdrvi, I love the name "susies Q", but "40 goin on 22" would not work. It makes allot of sense, but I think I would get a bit of grief since I am 51 "Hot Flash" would be more realistic!
Dan & Jim, "sueprize" is Great!
Dan. I also love the name "Suzies sunrise" since that is what I am going to be seeing soon if I continue writing this post.
Thank you all for the great ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep them coming!
I too would like to congratulate you on your Donzi. And welcome you aboard. My white and yellow 22 had "BLONDE AMBITION" on the Hullsides. The previous owner was a business woman, that is blonde. My wife is blonde, however she didn't want another woman's boatname on our boat. We opted to put our boat name on the back of the boat. As a footnote, a lot of bees are yellow,"SUEBEE". "Sue Bee". "Floats like a butterfly, stings like a bee, here she is folks, "Sue Bee".

Carl C
04-30-2006, 08:00 AM
Sue Seas You

Sue's Wet

Sue You Later

Sue's

Donzi LG
04-30-2006, 08:35 AM
Sue By You

DonziJon
04-30-2006, 07:14 PM
I posted my own suggestion for a name for Sues boat. BUT: I really think a name for a boat has to come from the owner. From my prospective, most Donzi's that I've seen have NO names at all. That's fine.

My Minx is named "Ankle Deep", after a race boat from the early part of the twentieth century. I admire the "Old" boats. The Minx has a small area above the transom which provides enouigh space for this name. I think many of the "Classics" don't have this extra space for a name. The owner should descide. John :wavey:

maddad
04-30-2006, 07:56 PM
Names for a Donzi owned and driven by a woman?
SEAWORD
or
NAUTI-NAUTI

sue
04-30-2006, 08:39 PM
Names for a Donzi owned and driven by a woman?
SEAWORD
or
NAUTI-NAUTI
Maddad, You seem to be questioning that a woman would own & run a Donzi. Am I the only woman on this whole site that bought a Donzi for myself? I have not seen any posts by any other woman!
Barry Ellen, I like the name "SUE BEE" but I LOVE your boat. It's beautiful!!!!!!
Phil, So that is what they are called, a power surge. I like it.
Carl C, "Sue seas you" is pretty funny. I do most of my boating on Long Island Sound. I am usually out on my 27' Grady & there are Grady Whites all over the place. I am always getting comments like "I thought it was you, but it was just another Grady". With my new YELLOW Donzi, it is definetly the opposite. Any one who wants to know where I am will spot me from a mile away.

maddad
05-01-2006, 11:15 AM
No Sue, not even a little bit. Those names just don't work for a guy's boat. They would need a good sense of humor on your part to work for you. They will also keep any boyfriends from driving your boat around like their own. BTW, if you go with nauti nauti, you'll be sharing with my daughter.
Good luck with that great looking boat!

sue
05-01-2006, 10:18 PM
Maddad, Thanks for the reply. Now I understand what you meant. I am still interested in knowing if there are any other woman on this site that bought a boat for themselves. I have not seen any.
It's pretty funny you came up with names that would keep any boyfriends from acting like the boat was theirs. No boyfriends to worry about because I am married & no Husband to worry about because he does not like this type of boat at all. He said it makes his beer foam! He went out with me once & I think that will be it for the year. But, a really good friend of mine was driving my vehical while we were trailering the boat to get gas. He took a side route right thru the center of town. You would not believe how many people looked at HIM & said "beautiful boat" and he said "thank you". He is my one & only friend that loves this type of boat. When we went out for the first time, I knew that he was dying to run it. Well, It happened again. "Nice boat" & my friend replying each time with a big grin on his face "thank you". There is no way he would react this way if the boat had a so called sissy name on it. So I'll be honest, I am not sure if I like the names you came up with, but I LOVE THE IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!

yeller
05-01-2006, 11:01 PM
I personally liked 'Knot Sue Slow'. I'm envious that you were able to by a brand new 04, Sue. What hull # is it and how did you locate it? :smile:

goatee
05-01-2006, 11:07 PM
first thought was ,,(and this would only work if you were a fan of billards)
"suzie cue"
.....see? if your not a big pool fan,,it wont work.

MOP
05-02-2006, 05:57 AM
Qoute: Phil, if I said "yes dear" I would not own this boat.

Seems likely someone said Yes Dear!:biggrin.:

Ranman
05-02-2006, 08:13 AM
Sue'blime

sub·lime ( P ) Pronunciation Key (s-blm)
adj.
Characterized by nobility; majestic.

Of high spiritual, moral, or intellectual worth.
Not to be excelled; supreme.
Inspiring awe; impressive.
Archaic. Raised aloft; set high.
Obsolete. Of lofty appearance or bearing; haughty: “not terrible,/That I should fear... /But solemn and sublime” (John Milton).

goatee
05-02-2006, 09:57 AM
i like randys

sue
05-02-2006, 08:30 PM
I personally liked 'Knot Sue Slow'. I'm envious that you were able to by a brand new 04, Sue. What hull # is it and how did you locate it? :smile:
The hull # is DNAC3015K304. What is your boats hull#?
It looks like we have the same boat except yours is a heck of allot faster. "why is faster never fast enough" Do you think that just maybe the boat you have will be fast enough? I have been in & driven boats that went over 100mph, but when I got in the 22 for the first time, I was pleasantly shocked. It has been & will be a real challenge to learn how to handle this boat well. I love the challenge! I have to thank you for starting the thread "my first ride on my 22'". I learned allot from that thread.
In reference to how I located this boat, I would love to explain it all but it would make this post a bit to long. If you would like to know all of the details, private email me.