Yea baby; that's cool!!

Phil

BUIZILLA
04-28-2006, 06:02 PM
another Chariot cousin??

original Rocket tilt trailer ??

mrfixxall
04-28-2006, 06:46 PM
nice!!!!! is it forsale???I wonder if he will throw in the old chevy with it...

Carl C
04-28-2006, 08:56 PM
There outta be a law against letting it sit out in the snow and on that roller trailer.:starfish:

turbo2256
04-29-2006, 12:53 AM
I was looking to buy the boat at the time the pictures were taken. Sould have. Built 454 blown drive.

turbo2256
05-04-2006, 11:34 PM
Found the rest of the pictures I took will scan them in and post them when time permits

turbo2256
05-06-2006, 12:57 AM
here

turbo2256
05-06-2006, 01:06 AM
are the

turbo2256
05-06-2006, 01:09 AM
the best

Barry Eller
05-06-2006, 04:20 AM
What is the year and model. I've never seen a Donzi like that.

BERTRAM BOY
05-06-2006, 06:46 AM
What is the year and model. I've never seen a Donzi like that.

It's not, it's a 1967 Magnum

BUIZILLA
05-06-2006, 08:18 AM
ya gotta luv the upside down mounted car headers..... :spongebob

not to be confused with the backwards mounted Qjet... on a Holley base intake, with a backwards mounted JC Whitney carb adapter... :rolleyes:

and an automotive Qjet carb, with the vacuum power brake booster port in the rear base of the carb, facing forward of course... :wrench: :lightning

DONZI decals on a Magnum hull :banghead: :banghead:

I guess we should be happy that at least the outdrive is mounted in the aft of the boat :p :banghead:

and, the spare trailer tires are IN the boat..... :bonk: :hyper:

JH

olredalert
05-06-2006, 08:54 AM
Turbo,

------When and app. where did you see the boat? I saw it out in the boonies sort of near Frankenmuth MI. back in app. 1998 or so. It was further apart when I saw it, not that anything done since was done correctly. I could have bought it then for around $12,000, but passed (right or wrong).
------Only one of you (a well known Buick lover) recognized that this is one of the infamous Banana boats written about and pictured in "King of Thunderboat Row"??? I talked to the guy once that bought it from that location and he said he was going to restore it. He was, I believe located somewhere a bit west of Ann Arbor, maybe a bit further than a "bit". I have since lost his phone #. Apparently he hasnt gotten too far. Is the boat back up for sale??? Im not saying Im interested as it would take some deep pockets to do the boat justice, but would love to know.
-------Cliff, without opening the book, I cant quite remember if the Banana boats were Magnums, DONZI/Magnums, or DONZIs........Bill S

gcarter
05-06-2006, 08:56 AM
not to be confused with the backwards mounted Qjet... on a Holley base intake, with a backwards mounted JC Whitney carb adapter... :rolleyes:
and an automotive Qjet carb, with the vacuum power brake booster port in the rear base of the carb, facing forward of course... :wrench: :lightning
I guess we should be happy that at least the outdrive is mounted in the aft of the boat :p :banghead:
JH
I glad you comented on this Jim!
You caught more mistakes than I did.

turbo2256
05-06-2006, 09:24 AM
olredalert and others,
I almost purchased the boat for a project from a friend but had to many projects at the time and knew it would take some bucks. So it was purchased I believe by the person were olredalet saw it. Those pis were taken near Port Hurion. I was in the middle of working on the 16 someone in here bought and a few car projects.

turbo2256
05-06-2006, 09:28 AM
I never finished thew 16 with that engine. My current project as some of you know.

BERTRAM BOY
05-06-2006, 12:35 PM
Bill, I believe that the banana boats were labeled Magnum/Donzi. I just refer to them as Magnum's because that's where Don was when they were built. Also, If I remember correctly, they weren't actually built at the Magnum plant.

I'm sure Brownie can shed some more light on this.

Rootsy
05-06-2006, 01:42 PM
JH

soooo picky... sheesh :wink: :D :p

BUIZILLA
05-06-2006, 03:48 PM
picky you say ??? :rolleyes: ;)

who me ?? :D :D

let's see...... :garfield:

pretty clever alternator support bracket, and automotive adjusting bracket, with an automotive alternator, and the oh_so_clever hose laying on the alternator fan...:embarasse

automotive HEI with wires laying on the unprotected headers :kaioken:

not to be outdone here, with the ultra cool shift cable on the intake trick, while the throttle cable wraps around the back of the engine in another loop... at least the shift cable is securely supported, being routed thru the engine lift eye :eek:

using the choke stove nipple for the dist vacuum advance port :boggled: for those of you who still aren't sure it is an automotive distributor... :wink:

14 mismatched hose clamps where 4 should do the trick (if plumbed correctly that is) :rlol:

and by ALL means, the totally slick, completely thought out, and brilliant job of fuel line plumbing :bonk:

and last but not least, the wonderful splice job of the bilge pump wiring :rlol:

:spit: :spit:

olredalert
05-07-2006, 09:56 AM
-------Thanks, Turbo!!! That 16 looks to be a bit over powered, if any DONZI can be overpowered, that is!!!..........Bill S

BERTRAM BOY
05-07-2006, 05:30 PM
Here's what that 16 looks like now in it running form.

MOP
05-07-2006, 07:58 PM
Man they do have some "Hokey" stuff! I would rather have cable then that hyd setup.