PDA

View Full Version : Tune Up Suggestions

jeepfan99
04-28-2006, 10:57 AM
Getting my 2000 22zx with 350 MAG MPI out of storage this weekend. I normally get the boat "summerized" but a considering just doing it myself, no one takes the same amount of pride working on something that isn't theirs. I am looking for any suggestion/recommendations on which products to use oil/air filter, oil - synth vs. reg, weight, spark plugs? I use Mobil 1 fully synth and filters in all of my vehicles and would like to run it in the zx. I do all my own maint. on my Grand and highly modified wrangler but do not have a lot experience with the boat. When boats are "winterized" what is exactly involved and does anything need to be specifically done when summerizing? Do I only need to change the oil, filters, plugs and top off all the fluids? Any help, suggestions and comments would be greatly appreciated.

MOP
04-28-2006, 11:40 AM
It is far better to change your oil & filter in the fall, normally the engine is run to temp then drained and refilled then started abd fogged out. Doing that leaves your engine with little to no contaminates sitting in it over the storage period.

I usualy fire it off on last years plug to burn off the fogging oil then pop in the new set.
Syn & Dino are an on going debate, my opinion is if the engine has better then 75-100 hours syn should be fine. On oils & filters you will get a multitude of answers, I have dino in mine now but will be trying syn next time around I only have 47 hours on it.

Phil