PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a Turbo 1 25P I could try?

blackhawk
04-27-2006, 08:33 AM
I know a lot of people are running the Turbo 1 on the 22C. I have a Mirage and a Mirage Plus 25 for the Pantera. I would like to try a Turbo 1 25 back-to-back with the Mirage props and see how it performs in comparison on my boat.

Would anyone be willing to loan me one to try? I will pay all shipping of course and I only need it for one day.

Thanks

Carl C
04-27-2006, 09:40 AM
I have a 24p Turbo 1 3-blade I would lend to you. No shipping needed if you are near Clarkston.

blackhawk
04-27-2006, 10:31 AM
I have a 24p Turbo 1 3-blade I would lend to you. No shipping needed if you are near Clarkston.

Carl I am in Cadillac so I am a ways from Clarkston but I would be willing to pay shipping both ways if that was okay with you. I would like to try a 25 but if I can't find one I may try the 24 just to see how the boat reacts.

Thanks!

Carl C
04-27-2006, 10:48 AM
I also have a home near Hale which is about 50 miles from Cadillac. I could meet you there, let you have it, and pick it up the following week. Would like to avoid the hassle of shipping if possible. Or maybe I could get a little closer if you buy me a burger and a beer!:)

blackhawk
04-27-2006, 04:22 PM
I also have a home near Hale which is about 50 miles from Cadillac. I could meet you there, let you have it, and pick it up the following week. Would like to avoid the hassle of shipping if possible. Or maybe I could get a little closer if you buy me a burger and a beer!:)
Carl, if I can't find a 25 I will take you up on that offer. And I would be glad to buy you a burger and a beer or two! :D

Carl C
04-27-2006, 10:36 PM
This prop may be too small for you but let me know if you want to try it. We'll meet somewhere and you don't have to buy me anything.:anchor:

boldts
04-29-2006, 01:21 PM
BlackHawk,

You may be surprised and find the 24" to be exactly the prop. On my 22 Classic with a 1.65:1 Bravo1, it came with a straight Mirage 23". (Not the Mirage Plus) I ordered a 23" Turbo 1 thinking that since the diameter of the Turbo is less than the Mirage, I would gain a couple hundred more RPMs and be right where I wanted to be.

Once I put the prop on and tested it, the RPMs with the 23" Turbo 1 were almost exactly the same as the 23" Mirage that was on the boat before even though the Turbo 1s diameter was less. I ended up sending the 23" Turbo 1 back and swaping for a 22" RPMs were right where I wanted them (4800) and even though running less pitch, the boat gained 3 MPH on GPS. Best and cheapest MPH gain I ever did.

Might not be in your cards, but if you can come down to Jamestown, KY May 18th thru the 21st, Precision Propellers will be with us to answer questions or try different props on your boat. At the least, give them a call and ask for Chris Booe. He'll be able to give you his best recomendation for your application. BTW, I've always liked the Pantara. Went through the factory and met the man who does the design work. At the time I was looking at the 24', but ended up buying an 18' Classic instead due to the cost involved for a new boat. They had a 24' done up in a Pink Panther scheme. Cool boats!

blackhawk
05-01-2006, 12:20 PM
BlackHawk,
You may be surprised and find the 24" to be exactly the prop. On my 22 Classic with a 1.65:1 Bravo1, it came with a straight Mirage 23". (Not the Mirage Plus) I ordered a 23" Turbo 1 thinking that since the diameter of the Turbo is less than the Mirage, I would gain a couple hundred more RPMs and be right where I wanted to be.
Once I put the prop on and tested it, the RPMs with the 23" Turbo 1 were almost exactly the same as the 23" Mirage that was on the boat before even though the Turbo 1s diameter was less. I ended up sending the 23" Turbo 1 back and swaping for a 22" RPMs were right where I wanted them (4800) and even though running less pitch, the boat gained 3 MPH on GPS. Best and cheapest MPH gain I ever did.
Might not be in your cards, but if you can come down to Jamestown, KY May 18th thru the 21st, Precision Propellers will be with us to answer questions or try different props on your boat. At the least, give them a call and ask for Chris Booe. He'll be able to give you his best recomendation for your application. BTW, I've always liked the Pantara. Went through the factory and met the man who does the design work. At the time I was looking at the 24', but ended up buying an 18' Classic instead due to the cost involved for a new boat. They had a 24' done up in a Pink Panther scheme. Cool boats!

I would like to get my hands on a 25 just to try and get an apples to apples comparison. That way I can compare speeds, rpms and handing traits of all three props. If not I'll try a 24.

blackhawk
05-01-2006, 07:11 PM
C'mon, don't one of you 22C guys have a Turbo 25 you can spare for a couple days? :D