PDA

View Full Version : Port Charlotte, Fl Boat Inspection?

Lineleader
04-25-2006, 03:38 PM
Does anybody in or near Port Charlotte, Florida with a little walkin-around “boat sense” have time to take a quick look at a 30’ Bertram a friend of mine is interested in? He doesn't trust the photos in the ad and would like to know if this boat is worth the 6 hour trip to see himself. You know, just the basics: Does the fiberglass still shine? Does the boat look good or is she chalky, worn looking? Do the bimini canvas and vinyl seats look good or are they worn and torn? Are the controls on the fly bridge corroded, pitted or still shiny and new looking? Any obvious appearance problems? Any hurricane damage/repairs? All he's looking for is whether this boat makes a good, clean and well kept first impression before he drive' s down. He's not interested in a fixer but wants a boat that gives a ship shape and real good outward appearance. If she does he'll still follow up with a full survey of his own re: mechanicals, electrical, etc. He'll be happy to pay $100 for the hour or less this inspection with the selling broker should take.

PM me with your number and I'll put you in contact with my friend.

Many thanks,

LL