PDA

View Full Version : Who was on the St Johns today?

fastcat
04-23-2006, 09:10 PM
We live on the St Johns river in Orange Park, FL. Today, while we were laboring away on our dock and boat lft rebuild (thanks to hurricanes of 2004), we watched all the happy people boating on the river. Then about 4:30PM, my husband said. "that sounds like a Donzi".
Sure enough there was a red Classic, I think a 22, about 100 yards off our dock. Who was that?

ChromeGorilla
04-23-2006, 09:30 PM
Solid red hull side or just the boot stripe? There is a red 22 way up towards the end of Black Creek. I would see him almost every weekend on Black Creek or the St Johns. Where are you guys on the St. Johns? I was one of 3 places everyweekend for the last 2 summers..... 1. Black Creek 2. Outback Crabshack or 3. Silver Glen Springs. We usually launched at Black Creek and occasionaly at NAS Jax...... But alas I had to move......:banghead: I really miss the St. Johns....... and Jax.....

Cuda
04-23-2006, 09:37 PM
It wasn't me, but I will be in your town tomorrow working. Actually, Eagle Harbor.

fastcat
04-23-2006, 09:48 PM
The boat we saw was a red hull.
We are located at Raggedy Point which is about one mile south of the Doctors Lake Bridge. We launch at Black creek, but after next weekend, I hope we have the boat lift done and won't have to deal with that anymore! Haven't had the boat out in awhile..too busy trying to get the dock done.