PDA

View Full Version : Issues with pics and paint program.

Sagbay32
04-23-2006, 04:31 PM
I have cable high speed Internet and I use AOL for my Browsing and email. I run XP.

I used to be able to right click on a photo and send it to my desktop as wallpaper. When I am on AOL it won't let me do that. If I sign on under IE for broadband I have no trouble doing it. Is there a know reason why I cannot do it on AOL?

Also...I cannot find the MS Paint program unless I do a search for it on my PC. It is no longer coming up under accessories either. I used to be able to right click on a photo and open with paint. This option is no longer available under open with.

Mike

Sagbay32
04-26-2006, 07:19 PM
Wow ...noboady has any ideas? The missing MSPaint program is the thing that has been bothering me the most.

Mike

MOP
04-27-2006, 11:36 AM
No Comment on AOL!!!:toiletpap

You can go into Explorer, open the paint folder find its executable right click it and create a short cut. Then shink Explorer down and drag the short cut to your desk top. I have several short cuts to programs I use a lot.

Phil

joel3078
04-27-2006, 01:12 PM
Wow ...noboady has any ideas? The missing MSPaint program is the thing that has been bothering me the most.
Mike

The faster you get off AOL the better you will be. AOL takes over your computer with their software and then you will notice dorky things starting to happen over time. If you are on AOL to keep your email address, bite the bullet and get out. By the way, AOL really stands for another online loser.

Uninstall ALL versions of AOL on your computer
Reinstall windows XP on your computer - use the recovery console or just reinstall from scratch.
After the XP gets freshened back up, your picture items will work again.
Surf around the search area here and bone up on the free antivirus and the free add/spyware programs that are available. I use Avast antivirus and Ad-Aware add/spyware Again, this is free stuff. There are more freebies out there but this will give you a good start.

Greg K
04-27-2006, 01:22 PM
Mike
No need to dump anything if you're happy with it..
In regards to images and programs..
It has to do with file associations..go to my computer...click on toold and then folder options. Then click on file types and see what inage file types are listed and determine what programis associated with that type of file.

As for having the program listed in your accessories. Two ways to do it. Go to add or remove programs in the control panel. Then click on add/remove windows components. Highlight Accessories & Utlities and then click details and then Accessories again then details. Paint should be listed and check it off then OK...Paint should re-appear.
Or pin the Paint program to your start menu and then open your accessories folder and then drag Paint from the start menu into the accessories folder and there it is. This is my preferred method.

Sagbay32
04-27-2006, 05:16 PM
Greg,
As usual...thanks for the great tips. I have had AOL since 97 and while I also run a different ISP I still want to keep it for the email address, features, and support.

Mike