PDA

View Full Version : Finally.......Play-off Hocky!

Carl C
04-21-2006, 09:52 PM
Did anyone else catch that Wings game?:yippie: That's about as good as it gets.:hyper:

boxy
04-22-2006, 06:10 AM
Sens Bolts HiLights (http://www.nhl.com/video/app?component=%24DirectLink_0&page=GameHighlights&service=direct&sp=S%2F20052006%2F03%2F0111%2FIH_NHL_2005_2006_111 _3_700K_continuous.wmv&sp=111&sp=3)

Watched all of the Sens game, and parts of the other 3 last night, rain in the forcast, 3 more games this afternoon, and 3 more Sunday. :D
PLAYOFFS
RedWing guys, you snuck a win out last night, but you are in for a tougher series than you thought, Edmonton is not going away.
Devils vs Rangers, Sabres vs Flyers, Hurricanes vs Canadiens today.... :beer:

goatee
04-22-2006, 09:53 AM
wings outplayed, outshot, oilers big time last night. it was a close game when it should have been a spanking!
our puck handling, passing, t.o.p., were all good. defense was a little sloppy.

wings in 5

goatee
04-22-2006, 10:03 AM
who do you guys think will be the best series to watch?
i like the sen/lightning match-up
and avs/dallas games,,,what red wing fan is going to miss those?????
also wondering (if the flames lose) who will beat them?, and in what round?
flames are smokin this year. <------pardon the pun

Carl C
04-22-2006, 05:40 PM
who do you guys think will be the best series to watch?
Wings/Senators in the finals! Right now, besides the Detroit and Ottawa series, yes the avs/Dallas series will be a hot one.

Tony
04-22-2006, 10:11 PM
I am SO hoping that the Wings go all the way this year, to send The Captain, Steve Yzerman, out with a fitting reward to a stellar career. When all is said and done, IMO, he is one of the top 5 players of all time. Longest serving captain of any sport ever, leads by example, plays through injuries, 6th in total career points, 8th (I think...) in goals, has adapted his style of play to suit the needs of the team, and even went from $8m/year to $1m/year to return for another season, and chance at another Cup, in his 41st year of life and 21st year with the Red Wings.

In case you haven't noticed, he is by far my most respected and favorite athlete...I feel he epitomizes the ideal athlete and captain. He is dedicated to the extreme, soft-spoken but fiercely competitive, completely modest, and very charitable to the community. In my mind he is a throwback, they just do not make them that way any more!

GO WINGS...
BRING THE CUP BACK TO HOCKEYTOWN!

:beer:

goatee
04-23-2006, 12:23 AM
could not agree more!!!

it may have been a blow out, but the rangers are not going to roll over and die just yet. (at least i hope) i forgot about the whole new york/new jersey rivalry.
devils in 6
avs in 6
wings in 5
sabers/flyers,,,,game 7 and who knows?

as for the wings going out with a bang, one can only hope it comes true.
then what? everyone is getting old. even now,, its not like it was 10, even 5 years ago. pavel, and zetterburg are great additions, and future hall of famers,
but can they lead the team? steve has some big shoes to fill.

i always said, even after he stops playing, he will have something to do with the team, assistant coach, trainer, or something.
its in his blood.

boxy
04-23-2006, 12:15 PM
RedWings/Oilers on right now, Sens/Bolts on at 7:00. Flames/Ducks at 10:00 tonight.....

Not a lot of yard work getting done today :D

TuxedoPk
04-23-2006, 04:14 PM
The Devils streak continues :) Hoping to see both the Rangers and Flyers out after this round.

TuxedoPk
04-25-2006, 09:25 AM
As the 3rd period came to an end, sitting with my face pressed against the 1'st row rink glass just next to the Devils penalty box I realized I'd just seen the best hockey game of my life!

This game had everything you could want: Hat trick, 2 short handed goals, mazing goal tending including the most amazing flying save I've ever seen by Brodeur with 30 seconds left on the game clock.

Anyone else go to or watch the game?

goatee
04-25-2006, 09:46 AM
i missed it!
but i'll try to watch rest of the series. (trying to watch them all but,,its hard with working and all)