PDA

View Full Version : revision

Lex98us86
04-21-2006, 10:16 AM
I was just wondering if anyone has had any problems with reversion on there boats. I have heard that some people do experience this from slowing down to fast.

Lex98us86
04-21-2006, 10:35 AM
Yes, that is exactly what I was talking about. But I also was wondering if this can occur if the engine is off.

Lex98us86
04-21-2006, 10:58 AM
I have a 22' classic. I am going to be re-powering it in the fall with a 496HO. The exhaust that I have has external flaps. I was wondering if it would be worth it to get tall risers.

LKSD
04-22-2006, 07:42 AM
"reversion" only occurs when the engine is running.. and mechanically sucks water back in...
if you are getting water in the engine when it is shut off then you have water washing up the exhaust from a following sea or the risers are leaking or letting water run back into the engine...
what do you have for a boat, power, exhaust, etc... do you have internal and external flappers on your exhaust?

Righto!!. If the engine is off & water gets up there it's probably from a surge of water like a wave. I dont think you would need anything taller than the stock 496 risers in there. If you Go 496 and you are concerned, switch to the tips with internal & external flaps.. :)

BTW we are in PA. If you are still hunting for the engine swap, you may want to give us a jingle.. :)

Jamie / Lakeside :)

If you need them I can get them for you...