PDA

View Full Version : My Thoughts

SideshowRob
04-20-2006, 12:07 AM
Recently with the arrival of Spring and the melting of many feet of snow, I have had some revelations. As I see new boats being towed around, and advertised in malls and at shows (No Donzis here though....No dealer anywhere close)
....Anyways I get this feeling, this sense of pride. Where in the past I may have looked in awe at the brand new Ski- Nautique (good lookin boat) that went by the house, or the high HP boat in the showroom, I now simply say "It's not a Donzi"
Now, I realize there are Countless beautiful boats out there, and I'll admit I would love to own a lot of them, BUT..... As that $60000.00 Top of the line wakeboard boat went down to the Doctor's house today, I looked across the yard at the Donzi, and I thought, "I have a 30 year old boat that has a cool factor, you'll never know" (well at least until he buys a Donzi)
I'm sorry... I'm new to the Donzi Brother/Sisterhood, but I'll say it again
30 YEARS OLD! And it's Soooo F@#%ing COOL! :cool:
Then I look at pics of your boats, and I realize what so many other boat manufacturers can't copy, it's style. Not styling- style. Whatever the year, size, condition, colour.....A Donzi is born with Character and Attitude.
So to all the Donzi owners..... go look at your boat, regardless of year, state of repair, where the engine is, where you think you may have put the hardware for the driver's seat, regardless of all that, just take a look at your boat and smile. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Chili 18
04-20-2006, 12:27 AM
Well said!

joel3078
04-20-2006, 09:48 AM
Yup!!!!!!!
I know my neighbors are real happy with me. 3 boats in driveways all next to each other. Donzi, Skeeter (bass boat), and a bayliner. Sorry, the capital B on my keyboard must be Broken. :wink:

Carl C
04-20-2006, 10:01 AM
I still just look at my boat all the time. I love skiing but ski boats are boring and SUCK!!!

Reedy
04-20-2006, 10:03 AM
They are greatness.
Everytime we launch, no matter what new boat is going out too, people go out of there way to come over, land or water, and say, "wow, that is a really good looking boat." Anchor in a cove with fifty other boats, and people want to look at the "Donzi". On the rare occasion of running across another Donzi on a trip to a new lake, or seeing one you have not seen before on your local lake, it's mutual admiration, no matter the year or style.......

glashole
04-20-2006, 10:12 AM
when i had my 16 people would walk by a larger fountain or whatnot and stop at mine

pretty cool

or people at gas stations are always commenting

you don't get that with any other boat

shea

Cuda
04-20-2006, 11:14 AM
Yup!!!!!!!
I know my neighbors are real happy with me. 3 boats in driveways all next to each other. Donzi, Skeeter (bass boat), and a bayliner. Sorry, the capital B on my keyboard must be Broken. :wink:
:) Yup

joel3078
04-20-2006, 11:38 AM
Ooohh, Sorry Cuda, if all 3 of them were in my driveway, they would really hate me. Should have clarified, the skeeter is next door, Donzi in my driveway, bayliner is accross the street. If the bayliner was in my driveway, I'd have to assume Santa left me a lump of coal. Sheeze most homes don't even have 3 tv's much less 3 boats. Way to go Joe!

Carl C
04-20-2006, 11:58 AM
Sheeze most homes don't even have 3 tv's much less 3 boats. Way to go Joe! He's got more than three last I knew!

CHACHI
04-20-2006, 12:58 PM
Thats why they are called Classics. Like a blue wool blazer they just don't go out of style and they will always look good. Ken

goatee
04-20-2006, 10:02 PM
see???? THATS WHAT IM TALKIN ABOUT!
i dont remember who said it but,, he said he was at a gas station and a woman
asked aout his boat, and commented how it sure was a "pretty" boat.
he did'nt know how to take that comment. i look at it this way,,,this woman more than likely has no concept of boats or boating, but even she knows how this boat stands out among the rest. it is a classic among classics.
i've been hooked ever since i was eight years old. (the first time i saw one)
and i never could put my finger on exactly why i liked them SO much?
there is alot of boats out there. so why donzi????
picturing someone who knows very little about boats saying "that sure is a prettyy boat",,, kind of sums it up i quess

im not the only one!!!!!