PDA

View Full Version : SAD Day, GT40 ....gone... from here

Lenny
04-19-2006, 09:38 PM
:(

Well, it seems FORD made TWO cars only for the Canadian Market directly. These JUST showed up. One went to Toronto in Ontario, the other to the other "Coast, (west one) and showed up in Victoria here at a local Dealer.

Well, there are some, though I have not seen one before, that have been imported from the USA, these two are SPECIAL cars, as there are only EVER going to be two custom made, kilometer/Canadian versions of these cars made PERIOD.

Well, after a couple days, seems this one is gone too.

I just have to think the back reminds me of an X-18 ;) much like a Z-4 BMW.

The Saleen is still for sale tho :)

Ed Donnelly
04-20-2006, 01:59 AM
Lenny; The 2nd one that is in Toronto, has been buzzing along the 401 daily.
Hits the 400 ramp and then is gone like a bat out of hell.
Would dearly like to be in the Pantera, not the pick up one day this summer and run into him..Ed

Lenny
04-20-2006, 02:14 AM
Ed. can I be with you , in the Pantera, the day "we" do this, ... (and then lick our wounds)

Unless you took the twin Turbos off of the Big Block in your Criterion and bolted 'em to the Pantera, I think you are out of luck...

Dr. Dan
04-20-2006, 05:57 AM
:beer: They sure look neat...I drive by a Porsche Dealer on one of my runs into Philly and they have their GT on the Floor....I think it lists for some Mortgage Size Dollar amount...but it's cool as hell to look at.

Has anyone driven the new Mustang GT's, any news on the Shelby Releases...Liz wants a Convertible in the Family... I am sold on any Vette...so now its a matter of knocking that off the Top of the Hill...but so far... I have not seen many takers... looking for something in the $30 - $60 range... can be used, but it's gotta be clean.

I am also considering getting something older and in showroom shape... decisions decisions... I got time though...it's Boating Season. :biggrin.:

Doc of Lizards, King Cobras and other assorted Reptiles :spongebob

CHACHI
04-20-2006, 06:00 AM
Dr Dan, I have an ERA Cobra with a 428 CJ for sale. Ken

roadtrip se
04-20-2006, 09:04 AM
Dan..

Last night while I was out grilling some shrimp on the barbie for dinner, I decided to pull the cover off of the Mustang and dust her off.

I think I am going to bring it down to the AOTH for an early spring roadtrip.
We'll have to go for a ride up on the Cumberland Parkway.

390 horsies pumping through a six speed will wake you up and that Corvette will be a distant memory.

Dr. Dan
04-20-2006, 11:16 AM
Dr Dan, I have an ERA Cobra with a 428 CJ for sale. Ken

:smash: Ken very Interesting... Might have to talk down stream... maybe ya could email me some pics...or bring them to the Islands?

Are you coming to the DustOff?

Dude, Your Shrimp Rock.... I might take ya up on the Parkway Cruise if we have time...

Doc Cobra :bighug:

CHACHI
04-20-2006, 11:32 AM
Dr. Dan..................check your mail. Ken

yeller
04-20-2006, 05:48 PM
Ed, you got a Pantera! Lucky dog! One of my all time favourite cars.

Can ya share some more info/history on it. :yes:

Lenny, what was the sticker price on that car.
Still haven't got the boat wet. Hopefully this weekend.

tiger lily
04-20-2006, 07:32 PM
Dan..
Last night while I was out grilling some shrimp on the barbie for dinner, I decided to pull the cover off of the Mustang and dust her off.
I think I am going to bring it down to the AOTH for an early spring roadtrip.
We'll have to go for a ride up on the Cumberland Parkway.
390 horsies pumping through a six speed will wake you up and that Corvette will be a distant memory.

must be a 03 or 04 cobra, Pssshhttt.

Ed Donnelly
04-21-2006, 02:34 AM
Lenny,Lenny,Lenny; Do you think I would go looking for that GT40,if I thought there was any chance of him spanking me??
450HP 250HP NOX = 700HP 345 35 P Zeros to put it to the ground....Ed

Lenny
04-21-2006, 08:53 PM
Ed, ahhh, just one word. "WOW" :yes:

yeller
04-21-2006, 11:34 PM
Here's a little known tidbit for ya Ed.
The Pantera was one of the reasons AMC cancelled production of my favourite car, the AMX/3. AMC was going to produce these beauties, but just as they were going to go to production, two things happened. America introduced the 5mph bumper law which meant AMC would have to redesign the front end and the final nail in the coffin was that Ford decided to produce the Pantera, which would sticker for much less than the AMX/3. All cars were ordered to be destroyed, but a 6 somehow escaped, (with a never ending rumour that there is a 7th). The killer to me is that I had the chance to buy one in the late 70's for 10G's. They didn't have a huge value back then because so few people knew about them, that and the fact that they were AMC.;) Unfortuneatly, that was too much for my salary at the time. :banghead:

SideshowRob
04-22-2006, 08:47 AM
Ya know Ed.... You could make Sudbury in under 3 hours in your car, you should come for a visit :biggrin:

Ed Donnelly
04-23-2006, 05:45 AM
Yeller;who stole the styling from whom.Even the door handles are the same.

Sideshowrob..3hrs?? Are you sightseeing on your way to TO??
I lived in Donavan when I went to Laurentian. Lived with the Sedunows.
Their son had a 63 Vette. I had a 63 E-type,then started on my most famous blunder(see 2nd note to Yeller)

Yeller; hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Bought a 63 Ferrari GTO and sold it a year later for a $6,000 profit.
10 yrs later, you couldn't touch one for under a million. Now they are out of sight..

In 75 I had a guy want my Pantera. $5,000 plus the Pantera for his 74 Ferrari Daytona Spyder.. I thought mine would be worth more in the long run.
I was only out about a million in my estimate..........Ed

Donzi Jenn
04-24-2006, 01:35 PM
Lenny,

For what it's worth, according to Ford Customer Service Division info, I show that there are 100 Canadian Market Ford GT's to be built at the very end of this vehicle's build schedule (8/31/06-9/15/06 or so).

So, maybe you'll get lucky and one of these will stick around town!

DJ

Lenny
04-25-2006, 01:00 AM
COOL Jenn and Randy, I did NOT know that, I thought (read) that there were two. Great news mind you. I was just about to go to the Bar and blow that $50, but now I will save it. No time soon I will have enough for one. Thanks for the heads up...
:rolleyes: ...right... :(
Hope you and Randy are lovin' your New Home... All the best, Lenny and Deneen... :)

FISHIN SUCKS
04-25-2006, 07:24 AM
If there is presently only one GT40 in TO, I just saw it last Thursday morning at the Truckworld Expo off Airport road (just south of Derry) in the parking lot. The thing was white/blue stripes and had an Ontario dealer plate on it. I am guessing the guy has something to do with the trucking industry since, well, it was at a truck show like me! It looked great, had a big ole plop of bird S#!t on top (it really did)! Okay, okay, it is a cool looking car, but I am die hard Corvette man and that's what I am!

This is tough for me to say, but that is a tough looking Pantera, Ed! While I like my genuine GM, I can appreciate a cool Ford once in a while!

Ed Donnelly
04-25-2006, 10:53 PM
Fishin; How long are you in Toronto???
Give me a shout if you want to meet for a coffee....Ed
416 984 2854
416 676 9450

FISHIN SUCKS
04-26-2006, 05:58 AM
Fishin; How long are you in Toronto???
Give me a shout if you want to meet for a coffee....Ed
416 984 2854
416 676 9450
Had to fly to Boston from TO last Friday, then home on Saturday. I handle all of Canada as well as many parts of the states. I fly into TO (have a customer I have to visit in Vineland) again the end of May or first part of June, then Vancouver around the same time as well (maybe I'll see that other GT40 on the west coast). I'd love to hook up!
tom
260-414-0307