PDA

View Full Version : Name my boat

p729lws
04-19-2006, 09:27 AM
What would be a good name for my Donzi? Here are the details:

22 classic
white with red strip and sides
BBC/Bravo/shorty
dry pipe exhaust system / no mufflers (loud as ****)
I'm a mechanical engineer in sales
The wife is a lawyer (PM me any good lawyer jokes you have)
The boat dog is Birdie the weiner dog

Our old 18 was named "Laura" after my wife so I was going to name the 22 "Phat Laura" but that didn't go over well. The current name on the boat is "Genuine Distress" so that has to go. I'm 99% sure I'll go with "Disturbing the Peace" which Barry Eller on the site here suggested after hearing the exhaust.

Any other ideas?

Dan

Ed Donnelly
04-19-2006, 09:51 AM
No mufflers and a lawyer wife??

Loud Mouth

Crime Pays

Noise Degree (for you)

My all time favorite, but you would have to remarry

Made Marion...................Ed

DON N.
04-19-2006, 10:07 AM
How About " Laura Lie "

mrfixxall
04-19-2006, 10:16 AM
What would be a good name for my Donzi? Here are the details:
22 classic
white with red strip and sides
BBC/Bravo/shorty
dry pipe exhaust system / no mufflers (loud as ****)
I'm a mechanical engineer in sales
The wife is a lawyer (PM me any good lawyer jokes you have)
The boat dog is Birdie the weiner dog
Our old 18 was named "Laura" after my wife so I was going to name the 22 "Phat Laura" but that didn't go over well. The current name on the boat is "Genuine Distress" so that has to go. I'm 99% sure I'll go with "Disturbing the Peace" which Barry Eller on the site here suggested after hearing the exhaust.
Any other ideas?
Dan

''HER OBJECTION OVER RULED''

Carl C
04-19-2006, 10:30 AM
I vote for not putting a name on it. Just MHO.

p729lws
04-19-2006, 10:54 AM
How About " Laura Lie "

not that kind of lawyer

p729lws
04-19-2006, 11:01 AM
No mufflers and a lawyer wife??
Crime Pays
Ed

Don't know if she'd take that the right way or not? Almost went with “Miscellaneous Crimes” because “Disturbing the Peace” is a is a sub section of “Miscellaneous Crime” in the Florida Statutes.

p729lws
04-19-2006, 11:16 AM
''HER OBJECTION OVER RULED''

Good one! She has about as much say about the boat as I do about the home decor :smash:

Dan

Ranman
04-19-2006, 12:18 PM
Not sure how applicable it is to your set up, but I recently saw a boat somewhere (pic maybe) that made me laugh out loud. It had two giant motors (1300 Sterlings or something like that) with dry pipes and the boat's name was CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW. Priceless.

I thought that since i like things a bit racey and since my 18 is loud, fast and only 18' 0", I'd name her "Barely Legal". Never went through with it though.

Here's my suggestion

Legal Ease
Objection!
M'Ocean II Dismiss

Barry Eller
04-19-2006, 12:44 PM
Hey Dan, you could name it "MOTHER F***ER", park next to my Boat "YIPPY-KAI-YAY", and we could form a complete sentence!!!

p729lws
04-19-2006, 01:00 PM
Not sure how applicable it is to your set up, but I recently saw a boat somewhere (pic maybe) that made me laugh out loud. It had two giant motors (1300 Sterlings or something like that) with dry pipes and the boat's name was CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW. Priceless.
I thought that since i like things a bit racey and since my 18 is loud, fast and only 18' 0", I'd name her "Barely Legal". Never went through with it though.
Here's my suggestion
Legal Ease
Objection!
M'Ocean II Dismiss

More good ones! The neighbors TRY to chat with me as I'm heading down the canal so one of my first thoughts was "I CAN NOT HEAR YOU!". They're all smiling so they must not be saying anything bad. One of the best I've seen over at offshoreonly was "SOFA KING FAST" so was thinking of "SOFA KING LOUD"

Dan

p729lws
04-19-2006, 01:02 PM
Hey Dan, you could name it "MOTHER F***ER", park next to my Boat "YIPPY-KAI-YAY", and we could form a complete sentence!!!

That would only work if we ever get both of them running at the same time!:kaioken:

glashole
04-19-2006, 01:42 PM
"wantan disregard"

Ranman
04-19-2006, 01:50 PM
Sofa King Suite
Ship Faced

or an all time fav

Moisture Missile :) :rolleyes:

p729lws
04-19-2006, 02:15 PM
"wantan disregard"

I shouldn't admit how much that one fits me...:bonk:

Dan

SideshowRob
04-19-2006, 11:30 PM
Loud Pipes Mute Wives!

Decibly Endowed

Soundtrack by BBC

ALL Talk, ALL Walk

Silently challenged

Silent is NOT a Choice!

What?

Big Block, Big Talk

Formula Jr
04-20-2006, 01:44 PM
I always thought "Braguette" would be a great name for a Donzi.
:wink:

p729lws
05-02-2006, 10:11 PM
Due to a typo at the graphics shop, the 22 was almost named "Disturbing the Peach" :jestera:

Barry Eller
05-03-2006, 06:50 AM
Due to a typo at the graphics shop, the 22 was almost named "Disturbing the Peach" :jestera:
I thought you were going with "Disturbing the Piece". Laura say no to that too?:yippie:

p729lws
05-03-2006, 08:44 PM
I thought you were going with "Disturbing the Piece". Laura say no to that too?:yippie:

Only as a boat name....

p729lws
05-03-2006, 08:49 PM
I'm really really liking "Disturbing the Peach", however I would imagine that might not have been a popular choice with "Laura" :D :D :D

"Disturbing the Peach" would be a good boat name for a single guy. "Disturbing the Peach Fuzz" would be a good boat name for a guy that wanted to go to jail and get beat up once he got there.

apollo24
05-04-2006, 08:58 AM
Yo, Dan-

What ever happened to "Cherry Popper" or "Busted Cherry"? Geez, you let Laura decide everything. Give me her number- I wanna use HER boat this wknd. Please have it topped off and ready to go for me. :biggrin.:

p729lws
05-04-2006, 08:22 PM
Yo, Dan-
What ever happened to "Cherry Popper" or "Busted Cherry"? Geez, you let Laura decide everything. Give me her number- I wanna use HER boat this wknd. Please have it topped off and ready to go for me. :biggrin.:

Ben,
What happened to your "rep power"? You been pissing people off again? Maybe JW secretly posts on here, lol.

Don't forget that the wife's a lawyer. In a divorce I don't even get to keep my last name :bawling:

You added anything else to the Donzi Gilrs section? I have to ask because I'm allowed in.

Later,
Dan

apollo24
05-05-2006, 12:21 PM
Rep power? I have no idea. I don't know what that's for anyway.

I didn't think that there was a DG section anymore.

Hey, I finally got the X boat running perfectly. Did a 45 mile run up the river last wknd. It was great except for the marina with gas up river was closed for renovations! I had to borrow a 5gal and double-time it up the road several times to get enough gas to get back to Jackson! They did have cold beer, which made it aok. I REALLY need to get the fuel gauge working properly.

Love your boat- I bet your neighbors do, too!

Cheers, B