PDA

View Full Version : Thru Transom Exhaust

sctiberio
04-19-2006, 08:37 AM
I'm Contemplating Going With Thru Transom Exhaust On My 91 Sweet 16. It's An Omc Cobra Drive. Has Anybody Done This? Is It Just A Matter Of Running The Pipe Out The Back Or Are Special Manifolds And Risers Required?

mrfixxall
04-19-2006, 09:59 AM
http://www.eddiemarine.com/cart/details.asp?SubCategoryID=117&CategoryID=75 u need to get a set of thease first to make the job easy. you may have to trim the y pipe a little and add the tips of your choice....

Kikwear
04-19-2006, 11:21 AM
I have the Corsa Captain's Call on my 16. Took about a day to install.

MOP
04-19-2006, 11:53 AM
To bad I did not keep it a little longer it would have come to you with holes, the stock Osco's will work just fine. Buy the good blue silicone hose and put the rubber flaps on the tips.

Phil

Kikwear
04-19-2006, 12:00 PM
Ew...I hate the flaps...my Corsa's have internals.

The Hedgehog
04-19-2006, 04:04 PM
Be careful. Most of these guys are Merc. We have done it with a 1990 OMC. You will probably have to work around the steering on the right side. Take a close look and you will see that it is where the pipe comes in. We had a custom bend put in the tip. Our application was a v-6 and we used IMCO Thumper manifolds. Search around and you can see some pics. If not I will send them to you.

I would do it again. Happy with the results. It will really open things up for phase II of the mods.

Greg
04-19-2006, 06:09 PM
Mrfixxall is right. Switchable exhaust is the WAY to go. Sometimes its nice to go in the stealth mode. Good luck with your project.Extra noise is always nice though. I always leave the pier in the quite mode, leisurely glide to the middle of the lake say "Let's turn on some horsepower" then flick open the exhaust and punch it. Really surprises everyone.

Kikwear
04-19-2006, 06:23 PM
Greg, I'm the complete opposite. The only time my exhaust is closed is when someone is on the tube or I'm coming into a marina or residential area at night. Gotta hear it purr. :beer:

MOP
04-19-2006, 07:02 PM
Steve if you stay with the Osco's they line up Ok and do clear the steering ram, some of the after markets need a little help.

Phil

The Hedgehog
04-19-2006, 10:45 PM
I have some used Corsa switchables that I have taken of the 27ZX. They are the air actuated factory type. I will let the whole system go cheap.