PDA

View Full Version : gas&plan's

bob haver
04-19-2006, 07:44 AM
okay guy's lets be honest will the gas prices change your plans like run less throttle less travel (etc).their saying $4.00 agallon in summer hope not why is this happening i smell greed something has to change??????????:fire:

Carl C
04-19-2006, 08:13 AM
No. My plan is to spend mucho cash on fuel this summer and burn as much as I can.:smash:

Dr. Dan
04-19-2006, 08:43 AM
:wavey: Bob, Funny you should bring this up... I was just figuring out my Annual Fuel Consumption Costs for my Job... and it turns out I drove soooo much I will actually save money if I take time off and go to Donzi Events...

How's that for a Sobering Reality...at an average of only 3 fill ups per week @ $3/gallon it averages out to $81/Fill Up, or $243/week x 4 Weeks = $972/month, which works to a paultry $11,664 Annually.

Now that is actually conservative...because I usually consume 4 Tanks a Week ($1296/mo x 12 = $15,552) amazing how only one more Tank a Week can really add up....frieghtening isn't it.:smash:

Sad part is that does not include Driving to Donzi Events or obviously filling the 22 ($165 @ $3/gal) soooo.

Looks like I am gonna use my 4 weeks Vacation and Save Some Money...and hit every Friggin Donzi Event so I can conserve on my real fuel consumption costs. Such a deal....

Wow I Hate Math! :spongebob

Doc of Conspicuous Fuel Consumption :beer:

roadtrip se
04-19-2006, 09:11 AM
and plan on burning even more in the Donzi when I get there!

Lets see, I've lived in the Great Lake state for three years now. IMHO, Great Lakes should mean "Really Big Lakes", based on the water conditions we have attempted to run in during the summers here.

So we are in the process of moving the beast to Lake Cumberland. To borrow from Danny's analytical exercise above, we are going to be driving a diesel Excursion 900 miles round trip to get to the lake. At today's diesel prices, that is about 160 clams.

Then I am going to get up each morning, fill up the Classic at $165, for an average of two tanks per weekend, and get out on the big lake and terrorize the natives.

This will be the best $500 I could ever spend on a weekend and I can't wait to start!

DON N.
04-19-2006, 10:19 AM
HEY BOB MAYBE IT'S CHEAPER TO SIT @ "THE BOAT HOUSE" AND PLAY TEXAS HOLD'UM . WE WILL :beer: JUST TELL THEM IT'S A BACHLOR PARTY !

FUELPOWERED
04-19-2006, 11:18 AM
Sorry
I was not put on this earth to make Unocal, BP or Exxon Mobil bust at the seams with excess profit. If a shortage could be justified, okay. But this bull**** gouging will cramp my style for the season.

Carl C
04-19-2006, 11:25 AM
Sorry
I was not put on this earth to make Unocal, BP or Exxon Mobil bust at the seams with excess profit. If a shortage could be justified, okay. But this bull**** gouging will cramp my style for the season. One suggestion: you know they're going to stick it to us for the holidays so fill up all the gas tanks and cans well before Memorial Day and the Fourth of July.:p

MOP
04-19-2006, 12:08 PM
What ever I burn local is what ever it is, the big burn will be 1K. I am budgeting $750 for fuel "Up the run and home", I will be up there about 12 days. I start running real early and quit late, I will be doing a lot less WOT and may have a Qjet on it by then. I know the Qjet will extend my run time at cruise.

Phil

FOSTER
04-19-2006, 04:25 PM
Thank you all for keeping me in business, I haul about 100,000 gallons a week, and use 80 gallons of diesel a day. If and when i get my engine back from builder I'll be running as fast and offen as possible.

Dr. Dan
04-19-2006, 05:43 PM
Thank you all for keeping me in business, I haul about 100,000 gallons a week, and use 80 gallons of diesel a day. If and when i get my engine back from builder I'll be running as fast and offen as possible.

:wavey: You're Welcome...Ahhh if ya wanna have that little Rig Detailed I could arrange it ...just leave it parked in my yard for a few months...and it'll be good as new...I promise! :D

Doc of Dead Dinos :bonk:

MOP
04-19-2006, 07:33 PM
:rlol: NEXT!

FOSTER
04-20-2006, 07:14 AM
Dr Dan, Would you like wagon loaded with 87,89, or 93 octain? or should i just leave it dry?

Dr. Dan
04-20-2006, 10:56 AM
Dr Dan, Would you like wagon loaded with 87,89, or 93 octain? or should i just leave it dry?

:bonk: I'll Take 89, Foster!!!!

For 200 Points and the Trip to Montserrat'!!!:wavey:

Doc of Octane Boosted Methane Propulsion Systems :rlol:

FOSTER
04-20-2006, 05:51 PM
Someones going to need about 9000 one gallon gas cans :D

tiger lily
04-20-2006, 07:38 PM
it sure has affected me, i took 120 dollars of diesel fuel in my truck today, itll prolly all be gone next week, i would really like to goto AOTH this year, but with the prices where they are, i cant make it, the boat will be rafted up alot this summer just looking pretty, i dont plan on running much :bawling:

AC18Classic
04-20-2006, 07:45 PM
With these gas prices I am not going to miss my Cigarette with those twin engines - loving my 18 classic.

bob haver
04-20-2006, 08:44 PM
:wavey: Bob, Funny you should bring this up... I was just figuring out my Annual Fuel Consumption Costs for my Job... and it turns out I drove soooo much I will actually save money if I take time off and go to Donzi Events...
How's that for a Sobering Reality...at an average of only 3 fill ups per week @ $3/gallon it averages out to $81/Fill Up, or $243/week x 4 Weeks = $972/month, which works to a paultry $11,664 Annually.
Now that is actually conservative...because I usually consume 4 Tanks a Week ($1296/mo x 12 = $15,552) amazing how only one more Tank a Week can really add up....frieghtening isn't it.:smash:
Sad part is that does not include Driving to Donzi Events or obviously filling the 22 ($165 @ $3/gal) soooo.
Looks like I am gonna use my 4 weeks Vacation and Save Some Money...and hit every Friggin Donzi Event so I can conserve on my real fuel consumption costs. Such a deal....
Wow I Hate Math! :spongebob heyDoof Conspicuous Fuel Consumption :beer:hey doc you are pretty good with that calculator or scary but i do have a feeling that some guys are not looking at this the way you are.

Carl C
04-20-2006, 09:00 PM
I just got off the phone with a friend of mine from egypt,he just told me that gas their is.70 cents per gallon . Gas has typically been free in Iran where they would pay only a token fee of 5 cents or so a gallon. Not sure now with the regime change.

roadtrip se
04-20-2006, 10:40 PM
Anybody here who feels they can no longer afford to run their Donzi due to high gas prices, please feel free to contact me. I will be happy to broker your boat for a small fee. Probably for a lot less than the gas money will cost you to run it this summer.

If somebody has an 18 with a bravo they want to unload cheap, because it is a gas guzzler, Jill wants one for her very own.

PM me here and we will work out the details.

Happy to help out those in need.

BUIZILLA
04-21-2006, 07:06 AM
RT, just have Jill buy my 18, and i'll buy the '97 boat for sale here....

i'll even deliver it to C'land too....

he he he..... :cistineb:

JH

Patti
04-21-2006, 07:30 AM
:eek!: :eek!: :eek!: :eek!: :rolleyes:

BUIZILLA
04-21-2006, 11:16 AM
Think puppy-dog close.you yankee's have the strangest slang sometimes.... what does that mean ??:kyle:

boxy
04-21-2006, 01:38 PM
puppy dog close.......

I think he means it's pretty hard to resist a puppy dog if it's nearby...

Team Jefe
04-21-2006, 01:59 PM
Sorry
I was not put on this earth to make Unocal, BP or Exxon Mobil bust at the seams with excess profit. If a shortage could be justified, okay. But this bull**** gouging will cramp my style for the season.

I guess you need to change you handle to "RaftedUP" or "FloatingMonkey".:yes:

Not sure about the Honorable GentlemEn from Illinois, but I agree with 'Trip...be sure the Donzi goes to a good home and take up shuffleboard or something.

....'cause face it Right, Wrong or Indifferent; BP, EM or Chevron (Unocal is ownerd by Chevron) ain't gonna miss your money.

Owning a race horse has its expenses. Get on-board with that or get out.

Slow down? Not me, if it ain't in Neutral is WOT. I'll average about 300 gallons a week from here until October (Not counting Diesel....and I am going to AOTH). Its Only money:wink:

roadtrip se
04-21-2006, 02:20 PM
for stating the proverbial, you gonna be a big dog, you got to be able to get up off the porch!!! :lifeprese :lifeprese :lifeprese

As for the other poochie. Jim, here is the conversation I predict will occur at Jamestown between you and Jill.

Buz: "So it's a black LE 18 with an SS, you like it?"

Jill: "I like black, she looks perfect. How fast it run?"

Buz: "Faster than you'll ever care to run it!"

Jill: "Oh yeh, let's go find out!"

Fade to a rooster in the sunset.

Perfect!

BUIZILLA
04-21-2006, 02:30 PM
Todd, you should be a screen writer in your next life.... :garfield: :)

bob haver
04-22-2006, 06:57 AM
HEY BOB MAYBE IT'S CHEAPER TO SIT @ "THE BOAT HOUSE" AND PLAY TEXAS HOLD'UM . WE WILL :beer: JUST TELL THEM IT'S A BACHLOR PARTY !don that sounds good it can be just as much watching the classics at the dock drinking a beer wishing gas was $2.00 a gallon:outtahere

MOP
04-22-2006, 07:40 AM
Jim may want to take a seditive prior to the ride!!!

mikev
04-22-2006, 09:04 AM
Im in a personal budget crunch right now after the divorce so im glad i didnt stuff the fire breathing V8 I wanted so bad in the boat yet. the v6 in it that only runs about 50mph is looking better and better every day.

boxy
04-22-2006, 09:12 AM
Somehow I think Jill is going to enjoy the hell outta taking Buiz for the ride of his life in the 18....
While burning his gas :) :)
and I'll betcha she doesn't get hosed down by a 26ZX for following to close..... :shocking:

BUIZILLA
04-22-2006, 04:26 PM
Prolly the only people i'd sell the LE to would be Todd & Jill, period, otherwise i'll keep it. I LOVE THAT BOAT. One condition though, I must have another 18 in the garage, or at the dock, first....

JH

Cuda
04-22-2006, 05:03 PM
Prolly the only people i'd sell the LE to would be Todd & Jill, period, otherwise i'll keep it. I LOVE THAT BOAT. One condition though, I must have another 18 in the garage, or at the dock, first....
JH
Jim, I can't see why you'd sell your 18 to get another. Yours is as fine an example as I've ever seen.

Cuda
04-22-2006, 05:05 PM
As far as the price of fuel, I don't plan on changing any boating plans due to it. If gas is $1 a gallon more than last year, and I burn about 40 gallons a trip, I don't see $40 making a huge difference in my lifestyle.

I do see it making a difference on how hard it's going to be to sell the 302. :(

Dr. Dan
04-22-2006, 10:29 PM
As far as the price of fuel, I don't plan on changing any boating plans due to it. If gas is $1 a gallon more than last year, and I burn about 40 gallons a trip, I don't see $40 making a huge difference in my lifestyle.
I do see it making a difference on how hard it's going to be to sell the 302. :(

:biggrin.: My thoughts exactly Joe.... I can run through $40 or $80 in a Blink,especially sitting in a Bar watching others boat!

And running the Donzi beats that 40 Footer Tied to the Bank! :wavey:

Doc of Refined Petrol Consumption

Cuda
04-22-2006, 10:40 PM
:biggrin.:
And running the Donzi beats that 40 Footer Tied to the Bank!
Or a thirty footer on consignment. :)

undertaker
04-23-2006, 07:33 AM
:biggrin.: My thoughts exactly Joe.... I can run through $40 or $80 in a Blink,especially sitting in a Bar watching others boat!
Doc of Refined Petrol Consumption

AMEN.........:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Undertaker:)

bob haver
04-23-2006, 08:29 AM
Doc of Refined Petrol Consumptionits not about what you own or do its all about being on the WATER.:happy_bi:

Dr. Dan
04-23-2006, 09:15 AM
its not about what you own or do its all about being on the WATER.:happy_bi:

Yes ..........Happy Birthday!!!

I say let them eat Cake!!!! :spongebob

:beer: Danny Rockefeller :beer:

yeller
04-26-2006, 10:45 PM
Well I must admit, I sure would like to see $1/gal again....but....if I was going to let it ruin my boating, I wouldn't have dropped a SBC for a SC'd BBC :yippie: :smile:

gcarter
04-28-2006, 06:15 AM
Well I must admit, I sure would like to see $1/gal again....but....if I was going to let it ruin my boating, I wouldn't have dropped a SBC for a SC'd BBC :yippie: :smile:
Yeller, when I was a young teenager in Houston we had gas wars where the price of regular would get to $0.17.9/gallon. That was a long time ago.
We'll probably never see $1.00/gallon again if for no other reason than inflation. But I wouldn't mind $1.50.9.:idea:

Reedy
04-28-2006, 10:09 AM
Where is all the Iraq oil going? Somebody is getting a ton of it!
Did Exxon ever pay for the Valdeez spill, or are they still fighting that? Maybe they can pay up now.........

gcarter
04-28-2006, 08:53 PM
Here's some good news!!

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/04/28/060428150248.kurimp3k.html

:wavey:

thriller
04-28-2006, 10:26 PM
My boat loves to drink the 93 and I like to burn it. Like Poodle said, When it gets low I'll fill er up..I do wish it was a little cheaper than a 1.30 a litre..Ouch:embarasse

farmer tx
04-29-2006, 12:20 AM
Let the price of petro go to the moon. For every increase, synthetic fiber becomes less desirable to the clothing industry:biggrin.: Guess what happens to the price of cotton:party: