PDA

View Full Version : Donzi 32zf and 35zf

Mr. B
04-17-2006, 11:05 PM
Hey guys im new to this forum and wanted some input on a couple of Donzi's. Im in the market for a new boat have been looking in the 29+ range. I really like the 2002-2003 32' donzi (anything newer is to expensive) and a 2000-2001 35 donzi( i like the lay out better then the newer ones and again anything newer is to expensive). What are your thoughts on these boats? I am also looking at the 31 fountains and 32 2001+ wellcraft scarabs.

Team Jefe
04-18-2006, 08:11 AM
Mr. B. I have a 30ZF and love it. it handles the sea great, lots of room and rides like a dream. Several seaoned offshore fisherman have complimented the ride. I've not been in a 32, but looked seriously at one a few years ago. I've been in several 35's and they are really great, the way to go IMHO. especially if you can find one with a triple set up...no such thing as too much power.

Of course its a Donzi , so they are built to stay. Fountains are nice boats as well, but you do loose some space due to the Beak. A 31 Fountain is smaller than my 30 Donzi and WAY smaller than a 32 Donzi.

Scarab, there are lots of them out there. I've been in a few and was not impressed with the ride. The smaller ones seem to ride nicer thatn the big ones, a 35-36 footer I rode once was the Worst Riding Boat I've ever been in....and I've been in a few beleive me.

Good Luck, a 35 with trip 250's or a 32 with big Merc Racing power...oh yeah baby:D

Mr. B
04-18-2006, 12:54 PM
Jefe what year was the scarab you were on. Im talking about the new 2001+ wellcraft sportfish's 32 and 35 center consoles. I've heard some good things about them. I to have been on a mid 80's 34' scarab in the bahamas in about 6' seas and i didnt feel all that safe.

Team Jefe
04-20-2006, 07:42 AM
Mr. B. Not real sure on the 35 Scarab year. It was pretty new though, this was last summer and I'd say it was at least a 2000 model.

It all depends on the ride really and your cost factor. Donzi, Fountain, etc. are going to cost more, but will hold up better as well. Wellcraft is a nice boat too, but more of a mass production item IMHO.

Does the wellcraft have steps. I love them, they mess with at speed fish finder (to much tubulence) but the ride it great. I tested Jefe's Revenge in 4 footers on a nasty day in Destin and that sold me the boat. We hit the first wave at about 40 MPH and I thought "oh boy this is gonna hurt" then we landed nice a gentle like. SOLD, boys wrap it up, we're headin' to Texas.

Like everyone My opinion is just that MINE. Ride them, compare and make your own choice. Good Luck, keep me informed and get to fishin' so you can post some great stories on the Fishing Files Forum.....even if not in a Donzi:wink: