PDA

View Full Version : whipple supercharger questions

zimm17
04-17-2006, 04:16 PM
Well I'm thinking about bolting a whipple supercharger on my 454 Magnum. I think it might actually fit under the engine hatch. Anyone know for sure?

How does the 454 mag EFI whipple work? I have a carb'd motor and want to convert- I don't see where the fuel injectors go from the pictures I can find. What parts would I need from an EFI motor to make the conversion? I'm thinking just a set of injectors, computer, harness, and distributor- is it that easy?

If it gets too hard to do I'll can get out the sawzall and make room for an 8-71 blower with dual holleys on it...

Pismo
04-17-2006, 05:37 PM
Sounds like two projects, switching to EFI and supercharging.

BigGrizzly
04-17-2006, 06:30 PM
Save yourself time and money and bolt a Rrocharger ie vortex unit on they both clear the harch and run well. ask anyone who has ridden in my Criterion

zimm17
04-17-2006, 06:43 PM
Save yourself time and money and bolt a Rrocharger ie vortex unit on they both clear the harch and run well. ask anyone who has ridden in my Criterion

How about some more info? Do you have pics of your install? How's it run? What's an "RROCHARGER"? The R-tech looks like it's way too high to fit under my hatch. I think a procharger might work, but I didn't like the way everything "hangs off" the engine....unless it's really the best way to go.

The Hedgehog
04-17-2006, 09:08 PM
Here is mine. Not exactly a good pic. It is before I detailed the compartment and added some billet goodies but you get the idea.

I think that this is a pretty clean installation. Not much hanging around here. It is also much better on the drive than either a roots or a screw blower. It allows for a nice big intercooler (or aftercooler if that is what you call it) and fits under the hatch.

The same could be done with a carb and a hat.

blackhawk
04-17-2006, 10:00 PM
I agree I would go with the Procharger. It will fit under the hatch and when set up right they perform very well.

Not as much "bling" but who cares.

LKSD
04-18-2006, 06:45 AM
My 2 cents.. I am fond of procharger, but with a carb you may want to consider a Blowershop 250 series.. I have done them before & they are a great unit.. If you are still interested in doing a whipple. procharger or blower shop you may want to drop me a line... I can get you any of them..
Jamie / Lakeside 570-639-2628