PDA

View Full Version : Older Donzi's with H/M FordS.B.volvo's?

vrod02
04-17-2006, 11:13 AM
My question is about the front motor mount plate that I refer to as a "Hurst" plate. It sandwiches in between the block and circulation water pump.Why did they use this setup? Was it a H/M part?Or fabed by the boat Manufacture? Did the Donzi's have a timing mark on them? Mine dont,Monza and the supernova19. Whats the best corrosion fix around the pump holes?Fill weld and grind or just fab a new one.Also I've converted over to a belt pump instead of the crank style.Not a purist. Having issues with moving the alternator to the left side, brackets.The hurst plate bumps the pump out a strong 1/4inch so the belt does'nt line up:mad:

BigGrizzly
04-17-2006, 08:09 PM
If you are talking about the aluminum platr that covers the timing chaing. this was the way the 260, 289 was designed and was not a H&M mod. The problem with that plat is that coroads in salt water. This has happened to me only once than I put a closed colling system on that boat and it hasn't giveb us any trouble since 1968, and my sister still has that 16 clasic.H&M did design a separate raw water pump mount that made the raw waterpump diredt drive off the crank of the Ford engine I still have that serup on my Corsican.

vrod02
04-18-2006, 07:57 PM
I'm talking about a 1/4 inch plate motor mount, Hurst style, that is the front mount.