PDA

View Full Version : 1ST Weekend in the water!!!!

fasttrucker
04-16-2006, 10:52 AM
Iam back! Yes good to be back in the water here in North East MD.Yesterday had the boat tuned-up,new spark plugs,cap, rotor,fuel filter,oil,outdrive service.I dont like the new Exhaust Silencers:frown: Iam not that loud anymore:boggled: The flaps clap causing a chadder.Sounds bad.My bottom glass work is not done,Ive got a new shop thats going to do the work.Anyone know about a guy named ART LILLY?(I think he races for pier 57)He seems like a nice guy.I hope his shop lives up to his rep.Ive got my new gps/color map mounted and I hit 72.5+/- with a full tank...55 gals of fresh 92oct. so that means that I must have like 45gals of last years fuel in the tank.(need to run that out)Hey Doc,you and Undertaker need to come on down!:wavey:

The Hedgehog
04-16-2006, 01:36 PM
72.5 GPS with a full tank. That is pretty solid.

I ran high 60's yesterday on my new prop (Throttle-Up Labbed 26 with some extra cup for bow lift). I still had more to go. Had to back off. I did not want to bounce the wife too hard. She is about 5 mos preg. I may drop her off and settle the issue this afternoon.

The blower rules. Was not even working at 50mph.

If you put one of those on your set up with a Rtech Supercooler then look out!

fasttrucker
04-16-2006, 07:23 PM
Big Green zx....Hope to see a little more speed.Ive looked at the blower shop cid250 low profile blower.It will fit under my hatch.also thinking about adding in alum. heads and a bigger cam?Ive got the bottom project to do first.

LKSD
04-17-2006, 11:54 AM
Fasttrucker,
If ya need any engine stuff or mods feel free to give me a shout.. I'd be glad to try to help you out where I can.. The Blower shop builds a nice unit. I put a 250 on an Eliminator & it runs great.. I'm not that far from you..

By the way I am plannig on running the Bay more myself this year.. How was the water?? I haven't been down there since Febuary to Pick up my new Boat.. Jamie / Lakeside

LKSD
04-17-2006, 11:57 AM
72.5 GPS with a full tank. That is pretty solid.
I ran high 60's yesterday on my new prop (Throttle-Up Labbed 26 with some extra cup for bow lift). I still had more to go. Had to back off. I did not want to bounce the wife too hard. She is about 5 mos preg. I may drop her off and settle the issue this afternoon.
The blower rules. Was not even working at 50mph.
If you put one of those on your set up with a Rtech Supercooler then look out!

Bill,
I will probably be playing around with my props too.. I want to tweak mine. I just am waiting to get it in the water first.. Lol... It sounds like you are enjoying the SC.. What does your wife think of your "tune up" ??? Jamie :)

The Hedgehog
04-17-2006, 05:14 PM
Bill,
I will probably be playing around with my props too.. I want to tweak mine. I just am waiting to get it in the water first.. Lol... It sounds like you are enjoying the SC.. What does your wife think of your "tune up" ??? Jamie :)

Wife loves the "tune up". The total gain is looking to be around 13 mph. Not bad for a heavy non-step single. She now knows what a blower is and why we have one. We took her mother out one day. She turned to her mom and said "now prepare to have your face peeled back." The lake was rough and very windy yesterday and we were following someone that was feeling important with their Caravelle bow rider. I am guessing that he had a 350 with a through-hull. After a while it was time to spool up and head on down the lake. We blew by them like they were sitting still. I still had plenty to go. Yes, the blower is a great addition.

She did tell me that I am to avoid conversations with Larry and that "guy from Pennsylvania" for a while. I told that we are good to go. At least for the summer!

What props are you trying in the 22?

Dr. Dan
04-17-2006, 05:42 PM
:spongebob Truck...I wanted to come down Saturday....The water was rough from what I heard....especially around our favorite Point!!! Instead, I spent it being upholstery boy and installed the snaps in my new back seat... what a PIA...no wonder they give ya soooo many Snaps.

I might be down this weekend if we are in town...Ed gets his boat this week....but I don't know his work schedule...weekends are always brutal in his line of work! :spongebob

I'll try to connect with ya before May... I have only been out on the Potomac....and it was not long enough...just enough to get a taste then we had to pull out...

I will be in the Bay more this year...looks like I will Bagging a few Donzi Events! So local boating is gonna be where its at.

Drive Safe

Doc :smash:

LKSD
04-17-2006, 07:34 PM
Bill,
I am going to try a 24 Bravo 1 4 blade & maybe a 26 bravo 1. My guess is I will probably work the 24. We shall see.. :) Jamie :)

undertaker
04-18-2006, 12:42 PM
Doc, picking up boat tommorrow (Wednesday) :biggrin: :biggrin: Sunday looks good for me if weather is good. I will give you a call later on this week maybe we can hook up...:biggrin:

Undertaker:boat:

roadtrip se
04-18-2006, 01:18 PM
My bottom glass work is not done,Ive got a new shop thats going to do the work.Anyone know about a guy named ART LILLY?(I think he races for pier 57)He seems like a nice guy.I hope his shop lives up to his rep.

is a living offshore legend. Throttleman for a lot of race teams over the years
and quite the character. I've seen his rigging and blue print work on many different bottoms at the races over the years. You could cut your fingers on the edges!

Let us know how he does for you. Maybe, I'll have him sharpen up the Classic bottom when the Ilmor goes in!

fasttrucker
04-19-2006, 07:31 PM
:spongebob Truck...I wanted to come down Saturday....The water was rough from what I heard....especially around our favorite Point!!! Instead, I spent it being upholstery boy and installed the snaps in my new back seat... what a PIA...no wonder they give ya soooo many Snaps.
I might be down this weekend if we are in town...Ed gets his boat this week....but I don't know his work schedule...weekends are always brutal in his line of work! :spongebob
I'll try to connect with ya before May... I have only been out on the Potomac....and it was not long enough...just enough to get a taste then we had to pull out...
I will be in the Bay more this year...looks like I will Bagging a few Donzi Events! So local boating is gonna be where its at.
Drive Safe
Doc :smash:
The bay was ruff on sat. and calm on sunday.Call me if you and undertaker can come down on sunday.631-463-6634....cell.:cool!:

fasttrucker
04-19-2006, 07:35 PM
j.w.If you can come down here this sunday maybe you can hook up with us.:p Roadtrip ill give a full report here on Art Lillys shop work in two more weeks.

LKSD
04-19-2006, 09:20 PM
j.w.If you can come down here this sunday maybe you can hook up with us.:p Roadtrip ill give a full report here on Art Lillys shop work in two more weeks.

I will try to give you a jingle, but I wont be able to run my new ride until May.. My new custom trailer should be here in about a week or so..

Ed was at our shop today, he said he may be bay boating this weekend.. I custom fit his new steering wheel to his 22' this morning..

I will gladly take you up to meet up in the bay in the near future.. I look forward to meeting more of you guys that regularly run the NE bay area..

Thanks.. Talk to ya soon.. Jamie :)

Dr. Dan
04-19-2006, 10:15 PM
:smash: Ed & Bill...I have scheduled committments for Saturday...but I would love to try to Splash on Sunday.... lets hope for good weather.

Stay Tuned...

Doc :rolleyes:

undertaker
04-22-2006, 08:38 AM
Doc weather does not look good for Sunday:( how about one day next week if we get a nice day.... give me a call...:) :)

fasttrucker
04-22-2006, 11:44 AM
Doc weather does not look good for Sunday:( how about one day next week if we get a nice day.... give me a call...:) :)
Not sure sunday is going to be that nice.....Spring weather for sure.

Dr. Dan
04-22-2006, 10:14 PM

:umbrella: OK

fasttrucker
04-23-2006, 04:45 PM
It turned out nice late sat.I was up on a deck overlooking the bay:lookaroun saw a nice cig. cruise over to the naughty goose.Should have put the boat in.Took the wife up to macys and sears in DE. no state sales tax! Would have been cheaper to go boating:biggrin: