PDA

View Full Version : Went and Done it!

MOP
04-11-2006, 06:24 PM
Pulled the plugs shot a few squirts of Mystery oil in the cylinders, pulled the wraps off the exhaust and carb checked the battery for charge and slapped it in. Put the plugs back in and cranked it until pressure showed on the gauge then fired it off, the Beast is ready for another season. Crap it is going to rain on Sat and Sunday is definitly out, hope to sneak in a ride after work, got the itch real bad! Man it sounds good and sure did fog out the neighborhood pretty good!

Phil

onesubdrvr
04-11-2006, 06:56 PM
Pulled the plugs shot a few squirts of Mystery oil in the cylinders, pulled the wraps off the exhaust and carb checked the battery for charge and slapped it in. Put the plugs back in and cranked it until pressure showed on the gauge then fired it off, the Beast is ready for another season. Crap it is going to rain on Sat and Sunday is definitly out, hope to sneak in a ride after work, got the itch real bad! Man it sounds good and sure did fog out the neighborhood pretty good!
Phil
Phil,...

I know you don't hear this very much from a Floridian,.....but I'm jealous!!!

I haven't been on the water since the Porky's run last year :puke: :bawling:

And this weekend aint lookin good for the cause either :rolleyes:

Wayne

LSUTIGERS74
04-11-2006, 09:06 PM
At least your engine cranked off, I have one good engine and the other in parts. I am trying to decide whether to rebuild the 460 or just buy a new one. The closest engine I can find is in Oregon, I am in Louisiana, shipping would kill me. Thinking about the rebuild, a lot cheaper, just don't get the warranty. I have water in the engine due to a corroded head that was done from running in seawater from the previous owner and not flushed out well. So if the floridian is jealous, then I am really jealous, because I have a boat that I have actually never run in the water and I am REALLY getting the ITCH!!!! And it is always hot in Louisiana!

22zxla
04-11-2006, 09:28 PM
Hey Lsu thought the boat would be ready for tickfaw 200? Dude, prop stop opened last week get to work on that engine! Precision marine in kenner is the place to go. Look for thier web site talk to billy. If you think you feel bad, drove to indy for final 4, what a waste ,tigers didnt show up!

LSUTIGERS74
04-11-2006, 09:38 PM
I am trying so hard to get it ready for the Tickfaw, but as of now the parts and time are not falling into place, it's unusual for the money to actually fall in place. The reason for the delay is I have been going out of town every damn weekend including next weekend for the Arkansas Derby in Hot Springs, AR, and the next weekend for a engagement party for a buddy from LSU. I will be pulling engine that Sunday April 23rd and hopefully can diagnose everything. I feel like the only real problem is finding a head to match. Everything else is nothing to aquire, and the engine just needs a complete cleaning to get rid of all the oil an water mixture caused by the corroded head.

If you only knew how anxious I am to get on the water and make it to that event. I am doing everything in my power to make it.

Sorry you drove all the way to INDY for that junior high game b/t Louisiana junior high school tigers and the UCLA Bruins. I quit watching at half time because I started to hurl items at the TV.

Hope to be at the prop stop May 6th

CHACHI
04-12-2006, 05:16 AM
Phil, you beat me. I will be lighting off the MINX tomorrow. Ken

mphatc
04-12-2006, 06:47 PM
Good for you Phil!

Good news for me today as well. My block is being bored tomorrow, and will be ready for assembly Friday! Ofcourse this w/e is committed to yard work and Easter :( . . . and I promised Linda a day on the lake Sunday with the Whaler . . .I guess I can't complain spending easter boating :) :boat:

So if all goes well by the end of the week I'll have it assembled and ready for the dyno. This time it better make lots more than 333 HP! Cause I am after Bill at 1000K !!!! atleast with the new crank I can rev to the sky! Drives are cheaper than engines . . .

Mario

Eugene Nahemow
04-12-2006, 07:43 PM
Good going Phil!

If it keeps on raining out here I am going to build an Ark!!! :mad:

Cuda
04-12-2006, 07:49 PM
Good going Phil!
If it keeps on raining out here I am going to build an Ark!!! :mad:
You need to send some of that rain our way. A couple days ago, we had our first bit of rain in 43 days.

BGH18
04-12-2006, 07:54 PM
Phil, you talking about Marvel Mystery Oil? My G-paw tought me about that stuff
35 years ago. Is that good to put in the cyls in the fall after you fog the engine too, or do you just use it in the spring? I still have 2 Ots that were my G-paw's
at $1.49 each!! Thx B

MOP
04-12-2006, 09:30 PM
Phil, you talking about Marvel Mystery Oil? My G-paw tought me about that stuff
35 years ago. Is that good to put in the cyls in the fall after you fog the engine too, or do you just use it in the spring? I still have 2 Ots that were my G-paw's
at $1.49 each!! Thx B

Any good factory fogging oil is really the best, Mystery oil in the spring is just an old habit of mine.

Phil

Eugene Nahemow
04-12-2006, 10:55 PM
You need to send some of that rain our way. A couple days ago, we had our first bit of rain in 43 days.

Joe,
You can have as much of ours as you need.
Out of the last 40 days, we have had rain ( and I mean heavy rain ) for 32 of those days.
It was in the 80's and sunny in Seattle today and we had pouring rain. There is something wrong with this picture.

Lenny
04-12-2006, 11:09 PM
Very Cool Phil.

This is DEFINATELY the best time of the season.

You kind of "forget" (well, not me actually :rolleyes: ) the sound, the mystique, the friends and good times.

Then you put a hose or bucket under it and, ... well, .. WHAM , ... you are all screwed up again and want to fly the hull for 5-6 more months. The chirping birds and long days don't hurt either.

Bring it on :)