PDA

View Full Version : Name of your boat?

Barry Eller
04-11-2006, 04:10 PM
I just got the graphics put on my 22 Classic, I had them made to match the brushed chrome with black border to match the DONZI on the rear quarters. My registration numbers are brushed chrome on black now too.
I just thought it would be interesting to hear about the creative names we have here.
Dan, tell us about the name you e-mailed me today for your 22 Classic!!! I don't think Laura will approve of that one either!!!:shocking: :yippie:

Carl C
04-11-2006, 05:18 PM
I'd have gone with "Yippy-Kai-Yay Mother ****er" courtesy of "Die Hard". my buddys nixed "Suck My Wake" so my boat is nameless.:starfish:(just kidding; it looks good, that boat looks familiar too)

Barry Eller
04-11-2006, 05:53 PM
I'd have gone with "Yippy-Kai-Yay Mother ****er" courtesy of "Die Hard". my buddys nixed "Suck My Wake" so my boat is nameless.:starfish:(just kidding; it looks good, that boat looks familiar too)

My wife won't let me put the "MF" on it!!! But we ALL know that is the intent!!!

As for looking familiar, it's at the top of the page, on the Donzi Registry Banner!!

Rootsy
04-11-2006, 08:11 PM
"Red Mistress" courtesy of Bertram Boy....

onesubdrvr
04-11-2006, 08:36 PM
I was considering putting a bid on that Gucci green 22,.....

I never did, but if I had and won, I was gonna name it the "Key Lime Express" :rlol:

No name for the X right now though,...

Wayne

BERTRAM BOY
04-11-2006, 09:30 PM
"Red Mistress" courtesy of Bertram Boy....

Yup, I named her after my redheaded girlfriend........

ChromeGorilla
04-11-2006, 10:15 PM
Here is Damn Yankee sitting dockside in St Augustine, FL in Jan 05 during a lunch run mid week.....
http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15830&d=1131196776

SideshowRob
04-11-2006, 11:00 PM
Carl you should have stood your ground on Suck My Wake. The name made famous in one of my favourite movie classics! :biggrin.: :biggrin.:
As for ours...... with the price of gas lately (and getting worse)
Miss Apropriation fits better and better.

p729lws
04-11-2006, 11:02 PM
Dan, tell us about the name you e-mailed me today for your 22 Classic!!! I don't think Laura will approve of that one either!!!:shocking: :yippie:

I don't think the wife checks up on me here, but I'll pass anyways, LOL. The 18 was "Laura", see photo below. The 22 was going to be "Phat Laura" but that didn't pass muster. "Sofa King Loud" was too high school aparently. She goes to the graphic shop soon, so I need to make up my mind....:confused:

Yip looks good with the new graphics :beer: :beer:

Dan

Cuda
04-12-2006, 06:49 AM
I'm still kicking around names for Debbie Davis's boat. I think some of them may be in use, especially my favorite one.

Here are the thoughts:
Double Deuce
Double D (Debbie Davis)
Deuces Wild
Blue Deuce
Deuce

Barry Eller
04-12-2006, 07:00 AM
Here's a boat name NOT to use if you are married!!!:bonk:

glashole
04-12-2006, 08:16 AM
I never named my 16 but my bowrider before that was

"Seaducing the Canine"

my dad's 36 cruiser is "DILLIGAF"

regards

Shea

RedDog
04-12-2006, 08:30 AM
http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19942&stc=1&d=1144848549
http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19943&stc=1&d=1144848548

Morgan's Cloud
04-12-2006, 10:18 AM
Twenty seven years with two boats and not a name on either yet ... some imagination huh ?
At mom's insistence, pop's Cabo was named 'Grand Finale' as she garanteed it would be his last boat :wink:

Dr. Dan
04-12-2006, 11:00 AM
:beer: Well, When I was new to Boat Ownership...I thought "Liquid Asset" was a cool name.... then I realized that every semi-hard pin head and their illegitimate brother has that on their boat...

So that was out! Then I got this really great idea to invest untold sums of money into a 12 year old hull.... oh yeah! Now we refer to it as "Lost Wages"

Fact is I will never actually stick a name on it... but I call it alot of things!

Doc of Dimentia & Negative Cash Flow - Tax Time ! :spongebob

BUIZILLA
04-12-2006, 12:07 PM
:beer: Well, When I was new to Boat Ownership...I thought "Liquid Asset" was a cool name.... :spongebob well, at tax time, if it's not an asset, it's a liability......

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo......

call it *LIQUID LIABILITY*

olredalert
04-12-2006, 02:08 PM
-------The El Pescador has been named in my mind for a couple of years. I believe the name will make it on to the boat this year. And that would be "Blue Chip". My uncle, who is still around but not able to boat anymore had three or four boats over the years with that name and I always thought it was cQQl and classy, unlike the present owner of the El P..........Bill S

-------Havent figured out the Corsican yet. Maybe "Ol No.54"

Cuda
04-12-2006, 02:16 PM
I like the name Blue Chip. You better get it on your boat before I hijack that name. :)

Buckeye
04-12-2006, 03:14 PM
Like many others, I never thought my boat would ever have a name on it...however I then met my wife (Molly). Now are 22 Classic is the Hot-2-Molly! Flattery goes a long way!

ChromeGorilla
04-12-2006, 03:54 PM
regards
Shea
LOL... DILLIGAF
Do I Look Like I Give A F###?

Tim Morris
04-12-2006, 04:08 PM

A good friend in the north country has the "J. F. Lovely".
...and that's what it was on a nice warm day after a few sodas.

glashole
04-12-2006, 04:29 PM
Chrome hit it on the head
it started with his first few pontoon boats and just stuck as it sort of fits a personnality

gold-n-rod
04-12-2006, 04:48 PM
:beer: Well, When I was new to Boat Ownership...I thought "Liquid Asset" was a cool name.... then I realized that every semi-hard pin head and their illegitimate brother has that on their boat...

Actually, Dan, I think "Wet Dream" fills the above bill the closest.

As for my boat names, I settled on gold-N-rod for my big boat because it's yellow and with its big block and thru transom, it's a hot rod. I went with the hyphenated version 'cause that was big with early raceboat names and I also wanted to pay homage to that tradition.

My Donzi is called "Damn Donzi" because I always told myself that if I ever got a Donzi, I would name it that because it's such a cool, ballsy name.

:wavey:

Ed Donnelly
04-13-2006, 03:04 AM
Fine Whine 11........Ed

Rootsy
04-13-2006, 07:00 AM
the 16 has no name... i've tried to think of a few, taken a few suggestions, just nothing that really fits my nor the boats personalities.. cept maybe.. candycane gone bad or something... come to think of it... i think "Neurtered" would be appropriate at this point in time... or "SPFBMB"

and the 18 name shall remain.. plus i think patti probably agrees that i spend way too much time with the "Red Mistress" and she shall be rather red still when i am finished.. so it fits very well...

afterall it is bad luck to rename a boat once it is christened, correct?

Cuda
04-13-2006, 11:12 AM
Tin Cup Chalice..
:)
Fill it up with red wine,
And I'll be chewing on a honey suckle vine. :)

Ranman
04-13-2006, 01:10 PM
afterall it is bad luck to rename a boat once it is christened, correct?

Sort of. There's a specific procedure that must be followed, but it is possible to properly change a boat's name. The bad luck comes if you do not adhere to the ritual.

show-n-go h2o
04-13-2006, 04:47 PM
i had a show/race car that had the tags shwngo on it so it stuck with the boat as well show-n-go h2o...

my dads big boat was harley enough time, i always liked that one. he has yet to name his powerquest

Last Tango
04-13-2006, 09:20 PM
AS you can see by my avatar registration line, I'm going with "Donzi Quixote."

Barry Eller
04-13-2006, 11:12 PM
:smileybo: :smileybo: :smileybo: :smileybo: :smileybo: :smileybo: :smileybo: Great names all!! I recently read in a boat magazine, I can't remember which one, that the most common boat name is "OBSESSION". I think we all can relate to that!!!