PDA

View Full Version : Who sells WPM hydraulic steering?

yeller
04-09-2006, 08:23 PM
Pricing out systems. Have checked Mayfair, XS, Zeiger, but can't find WPM. $ situation prevents looking at Lathams.:frown:

blackhawk
04-09-2006, 09:04 PM
Pricing out systems. Have checked Mayfair, XS, Zeiger, but can't find WPM. $ situation prevents looking at Lathams.:frown:

I got my WPM system for the Blackhawk through CP Performance.

blackhawk
04-09-2006, 09:06 PM
Here's the link:

WPM Steering (http://www.cpperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=1749)

yeller
04-09-2006, 09:15 PM
Thanks Blackhawk. I figured you'd come through :wavey:

p729lws
04-09-2006, 10:29 PM
Triad Performance Marine is a WPM dealer and also an IMCO dealer. I bought my IMCO system from them recently. Give Don a call at 602 438-1361 or www.tpmarine.com

Dan

LKSD
04-10-2006, 06:55 AM
I will email you back.. I have Imco, Latham, Mayfair etc... Jamie / Lakeside (yes, Latham is usually the most $$$ )

yeller
04-10-2006, 11:59 PM
Got your email.
Thanks JW.

blackhawk
04-11-2006, 08:13 PM
The link provided states "use the charlynn helm bezel etc". So, is that a half or full system? Its not to far from Latham full system pricing really...
Keep away from XS....

When I got mine from them it was everything including the helm(which was HUGE). Not sure about now. The link does make it sound like you need the helm but could be a typo and "uses" was supposed to be there. I would call to make sure.

I have no personal experience with XS but the ONLY bad thing I have heard was very slow turnaround time for orders.

p729lws
04-11-2006, 10:10 PM
Keep away from XS....

I have no personal experience with XS but the ONLY bad thing I have heard was very slow turnaround time for orders.

What's the word on XS? I was going to get the XS system but the lead time didn't work out so I went IMCO from Triad. Allan4 was very straight forward about the XS lead times.

Dan

Lenny
04-11-2006, 11:52 PM
"If" a guy buys the FULL HYDRAULIC helm, and ram(s) out back, hoses etc., and tie bar/bracket for Ram, what is left to buy? Do you need a pump OTHER than the full Helm to assist the hydraulics?

Dumb question from a dumb guy... Lenny

roadtrip se
04-12-2006, 07:25 AM
kind of took me back to the days of gunboats and patrolling the Nile.
I swear I saw Jack Kennedy's ghost at the helm of that PT Boat.

On the Donzi, the combination of steering and big pitch props can make my beast a real bear at the docks. The manueverability of full assist is a big help.

Then there was that special day when someone convinced me that I should test a left handed prop on a right handed boat... I would have done better drunk. Forward is backward, backward is forward, pull back to go faster, forward to slow down... Just stop and take a breath.

Most will agree here, that I need all the help and assistance I can get...

blackhawk
04-12-2006, 06:32 PM
Then there was that special day when someone convinced me that I should test a left handed prop on a right handed boat... I would have done better drunk. Forward is backward, backward is forward, pull back to go faster, forward to slow down... Just stop and take a breath.
Most will agree here, that I need all the help and assistance I can get...

LMAO - that would be weird, especially in rough water or at the docks!

Note to self, if i ever try a left hand prop switch the linkage. I can see the headlines now if I didn't! :D

blackhawk
04-12-2006, 08:20 PM
yeller, did you buy that yellow pro-charged anniversary edition that was for sale?

yeller
04-12-2006, 08:42 PM
yeller, did you buy that yellow pro-charged anniversary edition that was for sale?

Yup, just brought it home yesterday. The wife wasn't to pleased I was getting a yellow boat, but when she saw it in person, she went nuts! I think she's more excited about it than me. The all yellow looks waaaayyy better in person than it does in pictures.

Lenny
04-12-2006, 10:54 PM
I was there. That was the Weekend I got possession of MY FIRST DONZI :D

Thank God THAT is a vague memory ;)

:D

Lenny
04-13-2006, 02:36 AM
...Thanx Pooh'ed and Tripper...

:)