PDA

View Full Version : Part Number for 16 Classic Windshield

mrmct
04-08-2006, 07:39 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just boat a 1999 16 Classic (yay!):odie: , to add to the fleet (currently own a 27' Sea Ray Cruiser). This will be shipped late April or early May from Ontario to the West Coast - I'll post some photos when it arrives.

This boat does not have a windshield - just the standard grab rail. I discovered that Taylor Made is the supplier for Donzi windshields - they said they could make one for me if I wanted, but I would need to provide a part number from Donzi. I called Mike May - the parts guy at Donzi twice and left a voicemail both times - no response.

Does anyone know the part number for the current windshield available as an option on the 16 classic?

I am undecided as to whether I want to bother with a windshield - if buying new I would probably have got it. I may get consider the flip-up wind deflectors instead.

Cheers!
Mike.

gold-n-rod
04-08-2006, 08:24 PM
I may get consider the flip-up wind deflectors instead.
Cheers!
Mike.

If you go the deflector route, let me suggest Windaways. Although they are made to mount to windshield frames, I'll bet they could hook you up with some mounts to go directly on your grab rail.

The factory windshield looks cool, but it directs the wind right into your face. I have the the windshield with the Windaways and can't believe how much more fun it is to boat with the Windaways in place.

:wavey:

mrmct
04-08-2006, 08:45 PM
If you go the deflector route, let me suggest Windaways. I have the the windshield with the Windaways and can't believe how much more fun it is to boat with the Windaways in place.
:wavey:

Thanks! Windshield plus deflectors = perfect combination.

RedDog
04-08-2006, 08:52 PM
keep what you have with no windshield.