PDA

View Full Version : Burning CD's

Cuda
04-08-2006, 12:18 PM
I must be doing something wrong. I downloaded music from Limewire, then burned it to a cd. It will play fine on my computer, but won't play in my truck? It says "Data CD".:confused:

joel3078
04-08-2006, 12:48 PM
Look at the name and file extension of the songs on your computer. They are probably songname.mp3. Meaning the file extension is mp3. Your truck probably needs the songname.cda type of file. Meaning the file extension is cda.

CDA - this is the native file format on commericial music cd disks. Put one in your computer and look at the file names. This also makes the assumption that your computer is setup to view file extensions. The default in windows is to NOT view file extensions.

MP3 - this is a music format that compressed CDA native files about 10:1 and that is why they got so popular. You can fit hundres of mp3 songs onto a cd-rom disk.

There is software that coverts mp3 songs back into the original cda format but if you wanna be real happy. Buy an mp3 player for your truck. The kids working at Best Buy and the like can help you big time with this.

synack
04-08-2006, 07:07 PM
When you burn it, make sure you burn it as an AUDIO cd instead of a CDROM/ISO.

Cuda
04-08-2006, 07:30 PM
I know I've done it before with this same computer, and songs downloaded off Limewire. I can't remember what I did different.

Formula Jr
04-08-2006, 09:09 PM
your truck can not play mp3s. This is a compression standard.
You need to burn wav files (really big files) to play them straight out.
If you are using nero, as most peoiple are, then just go cd to cd copy.

Uncle Fester
04-11-2006, 12:44 AM
Your deck may not be new enough to play MP3. I had the same problem and got an Alpine deck off eBay to replace my head unit in the boat and it will play MP3 just fine. I download Limewire all the time and create disks for the boat and they work great.