PDA

View Full Version : Nearest donzi club

steven s
04-06-2006, 07:42 PM
I recently got done refurbed a baby donzi 16 o.b. and was just wondering wear the nearest donzi club is. I am located in west palm beach,florida it is about 60 miles north of miami.Also after driving the boat and jumping some waves:eek: I come to the conclusion that I will never spend a dime on gas on any boat but a donzi.

onesubdrvr
04-06-2006, 07:55 PM
I recently got done refurbed a baby donzi 16 o.b. and was just wondering wear the nearest donzi club is. I am located in west palm beach,florida it is about 60 miles north of miami.Also after driving the boat and jumping some waves:eek: I come to the conclusion that I will never spend a dime on gas on any boat but a donzi.
Hey there,

Hmmm, Donzi Clubs, well, we aren't an official club (with formal meetings or anything), but keep an eye on the Events and Gatherings section for SEADOG (SouthEast Area Donzi Owners Group) get-to-gethers. The last one was at Mt. Dora, people came from as far as Atlanta! The next thing we've talked about is a Key's run, but not sure how that is going, MadPoodle is spearheading that, but has been VERY VERY busy lately. Also, look for the Angel AID poker run in June.

You'll see random get-to-gethers come up from time to time.

Also, in your area, there is Catch 22, BabyDonzi, Me, I'm in Port St. Lucie, and when I boat, usually run from PSL down to Stuart. There is a bunch of guys in Miami as well.

I'm going to try to put a run together late this year from Ft. Pierce Inlet state park, with a raft-up at one of the spoil islands. But, that is pending me getting my Ragazza sold, and my X-18 done.

Also, this is THE Donzi site as far as I'm concerned, but feel free to check out the new SEADOG site at www.southeastdonzi.net it's my work in progress, so feel free to PM me some ideas.

Best of luck, and hope to boat with you sometime soon!!

Wayne

tiger lily
04-06-2006, 08:29 PM
we need pictures of this boat, stat...

steven s
04-06-2006, 08:36 PM
Thanks. Also my boat only tops out at 45 mph with a 115 yamaha.My dad would not keep the 200 merc(62mph) since I am only 14.And I don't want to be a drag.

steven s
04-06-2006, 08:55 PM
I will try to get some pictures tomarrow.And I made a mistake my dad refurbed one when he was a kid and we got one recently and did some work to it.It still has the 200 merc on it.And the yamaha hopefully(spell cheak is graet) go on tomarrow. And by the way does anybody go to peanut island?

Ranman
04-06-2006, 09:07 PM
(spell cheak is graet)

:jestera: :jestera:

Congrats on the boat. I'm sure it's a blast to drive.

dr
04-06-2006, 09:45 PM
14 and you’re driving a Donzi….when I was 14 I had a Huffy 5 speed bike with saddle bags and thought I was cool….

onesubdrvr
04-06-2006, 10:01 PM
I will try to get some pictures tomarrow.And I made a mistake my dad refurbed one when he was a kid and we got one recently and did some work to it.It still has the 200 merc on it.And the yamaha hopefully(spell cheak is graet) go on tomarrow. And by the way does anybody go to peanut island?
Peanut Island is too much of a mad house for me,..... too many of the bozos who booze too much,....

Anyway, I too am impressed, and congratulations!! You should definately get to some of the events!

Wayne

tiger lily
04-06-2006, 10:08 PM
Peanut Island is too much of a mad house for me,..... too many of the bozos who booze too much,....
Anyway, I too am impressed, and congratulations!! You should definately get to some of the events!
Wayne

and its usually the sober person that gets bumped into while they are tied up and anchored that gets it, at least thats my experience,, always give it 8 hours between bottle and throttle! thats why i crash on my parents boat for the night, or at the hotel with boat safley tied up.

onesubdrvr
04-06-2006, 10:12 PM
and its usually the sober person that gets bumped into while they are tied up and anchored that gets it, at least thats my experience,, always give it 8 hours between bottle and throttle! thats why i crash on my parents boat for the night, or at the hotel with boat safley tied up.
You've got it!!

That's why I perfer smaller outings with good friends, it's just so much better. Nothing would tick me off more than some bozo in a Baja, drunk, trying to show off with his through hulls, forgetting to take it out of gear or something,.....:angryfire :angryfire :angryfire

It's too bad that these people ruin it for so many,...

Wayne

tiger lily
04-06-2006, 10:20 PM
You've got it!!
That's why I perfer smaller outings with good friends, it's just so much better. Nothing would tick me off more than some bozo in a Baja, drunk, trying to show off with his through hulls, forgetting to take it out of gear or something,.....:angryfire :angryfire :angryfire
It's too bad that these people ruin it for so many,...
Wayne

hey hey, i like my parents baja alot, haha ive found that it doesnt matter what they run, but its usually the kids with mommy and daddys boat that dont have any respect for others.

as you can see, we took the pic from the donzi though!

onesubdrvr
04-06-2006, 10:32 PM
hey hey, i like my parents baja alot, haha ive found that it doesnt matter what they run, but its usually the kids with mommy and daddys boat that dont have any respect for others.
as you can see, we took the pic from the donzi though!
OK OK OK :biggrin: How 'bout a Bozo in a Bayliner?? :propeller

Doesn't matter brand of boat, you can usually spot that bozo a mile away, chest pushed out, music blaring so that everyone has to listen to it, screamin' "hey Baby" to evey girl in a bikini with his wife sittin next to him makin P B & J sandwiches while she picks her toe nails with a nitting needle. Kids are busy playing with the dollar store frisbee RIGHT next to you, and bouncing there GI Joe with the Kung Fu grip off your freshly waxed boat!

Now I'm all for family boating, and having taken my oldest 3 out by myself, realize what a handful they can be around adults - fresh blood, let's ask THEM 15k questions about the size of mosquito dung instead of dad. But, my kids KNOW to keep their booger pickers to themselves, and off the gelcoat.

Anyway, I've found that the group of friends I've met here, wether a weekend of 3 of us at Porkey's landing, or the largest group get-to-gether, is FAR FAR better than the usual hot spots with 200 boats rafted / anchored up.

Wayne

steven s
04-07-2006, 05:40 AM
Yeah there are alot of boozed up bozos out there.One time guy in a power play pulled up on the west side of peanut island one outgoing tide.And instead of anchoring off he runs the boat up on shore and leaves half of his boat in the water.And a hour later he was high and dry.He also had a baja pull up and they started talking.Also he had his wife set up the lawn chairs and grill.:rolleyes: .And I should get some photos in around 5:00 o'clock today.

RedDog
04-07-2006, 08:32 AM
... The last one was at Mt. Dora, people came from as far as Atlanta! ...

ahhhh really...

Carl C
04-07-2006, 09:05 AM
14 years old and with your own boat. That's awesome and you are a lucky young man. I hope this is the start of a life long boating passion. I am looking forward to the pictures. You can always add a bigger motor with a jack plate later and that boat will really fly.:cool!:

onesubdrvr
04-07-2006, 02:05 PM
ahhhh really...

You were there too RedDog????

Ok,....

People came from both near and far!!

Damn, I missed some good happenins!!!

Wayne

steven s
04-07-2006, 07:50 PM
Sorry the pictures will have to wait because in my little world boating comes first and home work 2nd.But my mom has a slightly diffrent point of view:kaioken: . But is there any buddy that has been to walkers cay since the hurricanes?How does it look.

pmreed
04-07-2006, 08:15 PM
A friend of mine and I used to go to Peanut Island years ago. We're both retired, so we used to go in the middle of the week. Lots of places are nice in the middle of the week:smile: .

Phil

steven s
04-07-2006, 08:23 PM
How about these.

Cuda
04-07-2006, 08:31 PM
You were there too RedDog????
Ok,....
People came from both near and far!!
Damn, I missed some good happenins!!!
Wayne
Yep, RedDog was there too. Friday, he was gcarter's rope monkey. Saturday, I was on my own, so I shanghaid him to ride with me, since Debbie was unavailable. Of course, Saturday was the day I didn't have the memory card in the camera.

BGH18
04-07-2006, 08:39 PM
Steven, Nice boat you should be proud of your self, at your age I was boating in a blow up raft......it was fun too!!!

Carl C
04-07-2006, 08:49 PM
Very nice pics. I gotta agree with your pop about the motor, that boat would be a handfull even for an experienced driver (fun though). I can't help you with the Florida boating scene since I am up north but there are plenty of people here who I'm sure will.:checkered

maddad
04-07-2006, 09:59 PM
Your own boat at 14 is a great thing. Mine was a 13 whaler. Just learn and never forget, friends don't let friends drink and drive bajas.

maddad
04-07-2006, 10:09 PM
Meant to add this to sorta drive the point home.

onesubdrvr
04-07-2006, 10:34 PM
Steven,

Nice boat, once again congratulations,......we'll see 'ya around, I'll be sure to keep you informed if I get a run going up here to one of the spoil islands, we'll beach the boats, and relax, talk boats, and have soda's. Boat soda's for adults only though!! :biggrin:

Barry Eller
04-07-2006, 11:33 PM
Steven, are your seats candy stripe blue and white?
Congratulations on being the youngest member of the Donzi Registry I know of. I too was a young boater. The summer before I was born in November, My Mother and Father were running a mahogany Chris-Craft on a lake in North Carolina. I can't remember not having a boat. I was barefoot skiing at 12 years.

Be careful and courteous to others and they will respect you.

steven s
04-08-2006, 10:51 AM
Steven, are your seats candy stripe blue and white?

Yes the seats are candy stripe blue and white there are not in any of the pictures I keep them in my room so they don't get sun damaged.And if there is a event in thekeys were will it located at?:confused:

boldts
04-08-2006, 04:30 PM
Steven,

Wow, 14 and have a 16 Classic OB. Way to cool! Question though, don't you have to be older than 14 to have a driver's license in FL? I'm assuming Dad is helping get the Donzi to the water? Just be sure to thank mom and dad. Boating may come before homework in your mind, but mom and dad know what's best for you. A Donzi won't get you a college degree. Sure makes the non school days fun though. Take care and be safe!

Carl C
04-08-2006, 06:04 PM
I keep them in my room so they don't get sun damagedGo to wal-mart or somewhere and get a boat cover. The sun will also damage the boat's finish.

steven s
04-09-2006, 05:44 PM
No I do you can not get a drivers licence till 16 but you can get a permit at 15.And I take all the cousins(oops spelling) out,they snap in .Also I when out for the first time with the 115 and it handles and rides nicer in a 2 ft chop and launches cleaner off huge waves. :bonk:

steven s
04-10-2006, 06:15 AM
Does any body know why they quit making donzi baby 16 Ob?

Surfer
04-10-2006, 08:31 AM
Steven, your boat looks like a great ride, did you buy it from KMC in Pompano? I had my eye on the boat for quite awhile, then it disapeared. Your a lucky kid, my son (16) wants to comand my 18', but hes not quite ready.

catch 22
04-10-2006, 08:47 AM
Steven, Congrats on the Donzi and welcome to the board. That is a cool boat. Where are you located in Palm Beach? We are in Lake Worth (Lantana Rd and Turnpike). Maybe we can get together with you and check out your 16. Personally I think a Pro Max would fit just fine:yes: :biggrin.::biggrin.: (Just Kidding). I don't get to many weekends off but I do get days off during the week. Shoot me an e-mail when you are going out again and I'll try make it. See Ya, Jim :cool!:

steven s
04-10-2006, 05:32 PM
I............My dad got the boat from a guy in jupiter farms who I have to give credit for the wirering job he did it survived a 10ft drop.:yes: