PDA

View Full Version : What is a fair price for these parts off of a 454 magnum

Lex98us86
04-06-2006, 10:31 AM
I recently pulled some parts off of my motor. The motor is a 1995 454 magnum EFI. I am thinking of selling them but i dont really know what they are worth-if anything. But here is the list:

1) 2 heads- I had these installed last year. I put about 25 hours on these. They will have to be stripped down and cleaned up. The springs look rusted. But the valves look ok.
2) Power steering pump with v-belt pulley
3) Rebuilt alternator- had this rebuilt toward the end of the season last year. It probably has 5 hours tops. It’s a 65-amp with a v-belt pulley.
4) I have the EFI wiring harness. The harness has about 299 hours on it. I am basing this on my hour meter.
5) I also have the lower intake manifold (which was the cause of the engine being ruined- they claim someone used marine tex to repair the intake but it didn’t work. I haven’t really looked at it but I am going to check it out to see if it is any good), the upper plenum and the throttle body.
6) Starter motor
7) Thermostat housing.
8) Flame arrester for the throttle body.

Thanks for your input!!

Donzigo
04-06-2006, 07:27 PM
Used parts are a tough call. It's worth what someone will offer you and remember that while you state the hour-use, they are still used engine parts. So, they might work for a short time and go bad..........one never knows.
Most of the folks here are so anal that they want their eingines to constantly be better, hence they only use new parts. If you keep low expectations, you won't be offended.

Why not put them on the parts section here and ask what someone will pay you for them?

Want a wild estimate?

$300 for all.................(see, I told you that you might get offended).

Lex98us86
04-07-2006, 08:32 AM
Naaah not offended. I know most people dont want used parts. And I also know that they aren't worth much. I am more just trying to get them out of my trunk then anything else!

zimm17
04-07-2006, 02:10 PM
I put all my old parts on ebay starting at $1. Make sure you charge enough for shipping though. Worse case- you get a buck plus shipping. most of the time you'll hit or exceed what you thought you'd get for it.