PDA

View Full Version : I Sold It!!!!!!

Carl C
04-06-2006, 09:51 AM
No not the boat. That's a keeper unless I trade it in on a 27 ZR! I sold my trusty companion for $80. My 1979 Ford truck with 318,000 miles and no major repairs. It still runs and drives and was my tow vehicle last summer. I'd like to see pics of any foreign make car or truck 25+ years old that is a daily driver and still runs! Ranman, I'll always buy American vehicles, they are the best. I know the truck isn't a looker but I live in the "rust belt".

Ed Donnelly
04-06-2006, 10:03 AM
Thats a $200 truck if I ever saw one........................Ed

Cuda
04-06-2006, 11:24 AM
I've always said that trucks have inherent value. Any truck that runs is worth $500 at least.

Carl C
04-07-2006, 08:54 AM
I've always said that trucks have inherent value. Any truck that runs is worth $500 at least. This truck was pretty well used up and I wouldn't have felt right charging much more. I put old wheels and tires on it too.

joel3078
04-07-2006, 11:05 AM
True story - we had an old roached rusted out chevy nova that we were gonna sell - did not run so it would be a parts car. The local bone yards will pay ya 50 bucks if they come out and get it - they make hundreds to thousands on it via selling used parts and body trim parts. Anyway, we had a kegger party and charged each person 1 buck each for 5 swings of an axe/maul to hit or cut into the car any way ya want - but no smacking the windows, glass cleanup is a bitch. That poor nova had tons of smacks and cut marks in it when the tow truck showed up. We got 50 bucks from the bone yard, and a nice large wad of 1 dollar bills for the ax smacks. Very fun kegger party had by all. No feeling guitly selling a POS to a buyer either.

Carl C
04-08-2006, 06:13 PM
wow not even a moment of silence or some kind words, a decent burial or memorial service a faithful friend and companion for that length of time and sold to the glue factory It just wouldn't die and I was sick of driving and especially pulling my boat with a truck that looked like a piece of sh!t.:lookaroun