PDA

View Full Version : Ski Sporter Replacement Seat

Bobby D
04-04-2006, 12:40 PM
Wanted,
I need a replacement driver’s seat for my 1970 16’ ski sporter.
If anyone knows a good source for replacement upholstery let me know, Built Rite has not returned my calls and I need to move on.
Regards,
Bobby D

Reedy
04-04-2006, 01:49 PM
Try this:

Thanks,
Bob Ellmann
Bilt-Rite Upholstery
302 5th Street SW
Roanoke, Virginia 24016
540-981-1711

It took me a while to reach them, but they were closed for the off season and should be back at work.

knots2u
04-09-2006, 01:39 PM
Bob, couldn't make out your area code from my answering machine. Saw this post this and got the area code for Lancaster, I just left you a phone message.
Give me a call at your convenience.
Thanks,
Bob
Bilt-Rite Uph.
540-981-1711
biltriteuph@aol.com

Bobby D
05-11-2006, 03:21 PM
Well it took a while to hook up with Built Rite however it was worth the wait. My new seat was delivered to the house and I installed it in the boat yesterday. The fit and color is a perfect match to the existing wraparound upholstery. Bob’s attention to detail, quality of materials and craftsmanship is outstanding. I am very pleased with the way it turned out. I also ordered a new slider assembly, the construction is very robust and the fit up to the existing pedestal was perfect as well. The interior upholstery, cockpit cover and carpet were all replaced in 2004 and what was important to me is that everything matches and scale is maintained. My judgment was that most replacement seats are too big for the cockpit and I want to see what options I had when choosing a replacement style. I have to be honest I was concerned when I ordered the new seat that it would be to large for the cock pit compared to the original seat however the fit and scale are perfect just as Bob said it would.
Bobby D