PDA

View Full Version : Good trailer builder/dealer in VA beach area? Need for 22C

zimm17
04-03-2006, 08:33 PM
I'm shopping for a new aluminum tandem axle trailer for my 22 classic. Looking for a recommendation within a couple hour drive of VA beach/Norfolk area. Anybody?

Dr. Dan
04-03-2006, 09:27 PM
:D When I was shopping for Aluminum Trailers for my 22, there were many Dealers, but very few do more than sell or Distribute the Trailer. There is an entire industry built on service and replacement parts for Trailers of all sorts, not the least of which Boat Trailers fall into.

I recall a Loadmaster Dealer in the Virgina Beach area... I would however highly recommend ya shoot Poodle an email and see if he can't get ya a Continental...as I posted on a related thread...he is knowledgeable and trustworthy and he knows the Donzi Classic line. He is a Dealer for Continentals.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8750&d=1105151724

IMO one of the nicer Aluminums...that is not a full Custom Fit MYCO, its also a 1/3 less the cost.

Plus getting it up I 95 is not such a tall order!

Doc of Recomendation :wavey:

joseph m. hahnl
04-04-2006, 05:30 PM
If you got the money? Go with the 24T Rolls Axle.It is the best aluminum trailer made and the best fit for a Donzi.

joe

zimm17
04-04-2006, 07:16 PM
If you got the money? Go with the 24T Rolls Axle.It is the best aluminum trailer made and the best fit for a Donzi.
joe

What's a 24T rolls axle? Website? Price? Pics? Better than a myco?

Donzigo
04-04-2006, 07:36 PM
There are lots of good trailers. The Rolls is a great one, and as Doc has said, Loadmaster & Continental are also great. Most are close to me, here in the West Coast of Florida. I have been to all of the plants.Any trailer builder, except for Rolls, builds on pretty much the same basic design. Rolls is a sweet design. Most can build a premium or a basic grade trailer. My trailer is made by Capt. Jack Knowling, owner of Quickload, here in St. Pete. I'm very happy with it.

As has been said, most have distributor networks and do a fine job with after sales service.

Doc, that's a great looking rig you posted with the red 22C on it.

I would strongly recommend that you get the builder to use torson axles. You'll be glad you did, right CUDA? I'll let others tell you why, I've said enough.

Loadmaster - Tampa
Rolls - Plant City
Myco - I don't know much about them
Owens - St. Petersburg
Quickload - St. Petersburg
Continental - Miami, I think
Performance - St. Petersburg
These are the ones I know. I'm sure there are many more.

Dr. Dan
04-04-2006, 09:33 PM
:beer: The Torsion Axle is by far the single greatest component upgrade I requested on my new Trailer.... I can not believe the handling and ride of the Boats Hull on the New Trailer. Next would definitely be the 4 Disc Brakes that ride on those Axles... I have used them a couple of times...and I can tell ya they were like a Drag Chute for the Suburban.

Donzigo: "Doc, that's a great looking rig you posted with the red 22C on it."
That is Dwight's Rig (Air 22) he is real happy with the whole package. Pretty sure it does get dusty on occassion... at least while he is away flying? :spongebob

Doc :beer: