PDA

View Full Version : Lake George Dust-Off update

Scott Pearson
04-03-2006, 06:35 PM
Ok...Its getting closer for our 11th annual Spring Dust-Off! I just want to let everyone know that Dinner will be $30.00 per person and $35.00 per person after May 15th. So get your checks out to the club early so we can have a head count for dinner. This includes the tip and it will be a cash bar:beer:.

You can go to www.lgdonziclassic.com and get the Dinner Registration form and mailing information.

Hope to see everyone there!!!

Dear Donzi Classic Members,

The 11th Annual Lake George Donzi Classic Club Spring Dust Off will be held Friday, June 16th through Sunday June 18th 2006. Be sure to make your reservations early because of other events taking place in Lake George that same weekend. Rooms in the area will sell out quickly! Try to make arrangements as early as possible. Here are a few recommended hotels that are in the area and have nice accommodations.

Treasure Cove 518-668-5334 http://www.treasurecoveresorts.com/ (docks, launch and trailer parking)

Still Bay Motel 518-668-2584 (docks, boathouse and trailer parking)

Capri Village 518-668-4829 (docking available) http://www.caprivillage.com/

Chelka Lodge 518-668-4677 http://www.chelkalodge.com/

Monaco Motel 518-668-5570

We have a full weekend of events planned. And keeping with The Lake George Donzi Clubs tradition we will be having dinner at the Algonquin Bar and Grill. Please get your tickets for dinner in advance by filling out the registration form and sending out a check to the clubs address. It will be $30.00 a person in advance and $35.00 a person after May 15th 2006. The price for dinner includes tip. It will be a cash bar.

Friday 7 PM Arrival Cocktail Party at the Algonquin Bar.

Saturday 8 AM Registration for the annual Lake George Donzi Classic Poker Run. (Coffee and Danish’s will be served)

Saturday 9:15 AM Driver Safety Meeting.

Saturday 9:30 AM Start of Poker Run.

Saturday 11:45 AM Return to the Algonquin to play your hand, have lunch and the rest of the afternoon free to cruise the Lake.

Saturday 5:30-7 PM Back at the Algonquin for cocktails at the upstairs bar. (Please don’t bring boats back to the Algonquin docks that evening)

Saturday 7-8 PM Dinner will be served. (Get dinner registration form on our web site)
Saturday 8:15 - ? PM The Awards ceremony, raffle and club Auction will take place.

Sunday 10:30AM Full Lake cruise! All boats meet on the water 10:30 AM in front of the Sagamore Resort Hotel south of the main dock. We will continue north up the lake through the Islands with a stop for lunch and have you back on your trailers by 3:30 PM.

Don’t forget to get a lake pass for your boat and start out each day with a full tank of gas (pass available at gas docks).

Also, don’t forget to mark your calendars for the 11th Annual Fall Picnic on Saturday September 9th 2006, held on Speaker Heck Island, this family picnic is special. Bring the kids, bathing suits and fishing poles. Share your favorite homemade recipes. Smoked ribs, chili and steak sandwiches are favorites. Bring your classic, ride in other model Donzi’s and enjoy the company of other Donzi classic owners. The fun begins between 11:00 and 12:00 Saturday afternoon out on the island!

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

DON N.
04-14-2006, 03:50 AM
Same Here.

Air 22
04-15-2006, 08:26 PM
Scott...Have the dates off so Crissy, Ashley, Allison and Gavin will see you at the "Cove" room 44;) We should arrive Thursday evening maybe earlier...looking forward to the spectacular water, scenery and wonderful people at the "Dust Off" c u soon!!!:wink:

Tom Davis
04-26-2006, 12:00 PM
Kim & I are in at Capri Village on Thursday afternoon. Looking forward to seeing all our Donzi friends!:beer:

Dinner reservations are on there way...

bob haver
04-26-2006, 08:54 PM
hey tom can't wait for LG just wanted to say hi to you&kim tell kim to bring her guitar take care.

BUIZILLA
04-27-2006, 08:05 PM
If Janice and I were to show up, what are the chances on jumping in someone's boat for the weekend??

JH

Dr. Dan
04-28-2006, 12:33 AM
If Janice and I were to show up, what are the chances on jumping in someone's boat for the weekend??
JH

:wavey: You're welcome with us if ya can handle a King Cobra Driven Chris Craft?

Liz is flying in from Atlanta to Albany Friday Nite.... call me to let me know ahead of time... there are normally plenty of Donzis you can ride in too... they still let me show up in my Chris Craft... guess they feel sorry for me....after all its a 1993 built in the fields of Goshen(Indiana).

Doc of The Bay Rescue Squad :biggrin.:

sue
04-28-2006, 04:32 PM
JH
I finally have my 2004 22 w/496HO in NY. It is kept on a hydrohoist. I thought that when I took her out for the first time, it would be a breeze. I have been boating my whole life & have run many fast boats. Well, boy was I in for a surprise! WOOOOOOOOW! Now I understand why this boat is a handlers boat. I can not get the boat over 60mph & still feel like I am in some kind of control. I am learning allot from Dr. Dan who has been very helpful & also reading all of the advice given to Yellers post "my first time out". I am getting better & I am very careful & I know it will take allot of practice.

After saying all that, if you would like to spend the whole weekend in my boat or some of the time, you are more than welcome to. Maybe you could give me some helpful advice while on the boat. I also learn much easier watching some one else run the boat & how they handle it.

I am going up on Thursday & I am staying at Treasure Cove. Give me a call.
914-698-0354 day or night.
Sue

BUIZILLA
04-28-2006, 05:55 PM
If we can arrange this soon, our plan now is to visit/see/spectate/get trampled in/ NYC for 3 days, then travel up to LG and park the coach at a park nearby on Thursday.... then bogart a ride on someone's or multiple boats for the weekend. This may mean me skipping AOTH, but WTH...

JH :cool!:

sue
04-28-2006, 09:37 PM
If we can arrange this soon, our plan now is to visit/see/spectate/get trampled in/ NYC for 3 days, then travel up to LG and park the coach at a park nearby on Thursday.... then bogart a ride on someone's or multiple boats for the weekend. This may mean me skipping AOTH, but WTH...
JH :cool!:
I live 20 miles from NYC & I do not like the city, but depending on how big your coach is, you are welcome to put it in my driveway for a few days. That way you will have a place to stay & you can go in & out of the city as you please. You are also welcome to use my home, especially for those unmentionable things that fill up your holding tank.

BUIZILLA
04-29-2006, 07:13 AM
I need room for this >>>

sue
04-29-2006, 07:45 AM
I need room for this >>>
That is a real beauty & believe it or not, my driveway is long enough. The problem would be only a certain length of the driveway is level (about 30') & the width would not allow you to slide out your living area. If you end up having a hard time finding a place close to the city, let me know & I will figure something out. I live on a dead end street & there is enough room on the street right in front of my house.

In reference to the two of you riding in my boat, I hope I did not scare you away. Until I am more experienced at running the 22', I hate to have everybody waiting for me as I trail behind. I need some one to be able to run my boat well enough to catch up to the group.

Dr. Dan
04-29-2006, 08:42 AM
:bonk: Nice Rig Jim... very subtle ... no one will notice hardly at all...

Sue, The average speed running around the Dust Off is probably closer to 45 to 55 mph on average, the group always keeps together... there are the leaders and there are the main group and there are the super sight seeing back of the pack, but we always come back around or wait up for everyone.

At most of the Card Stops we leave as a group...it makes it easier to follow to the next stop... so have no fear... if Jim rides in your boat..he will likely try to buy it from you anyway...he has a compulsive boat aquisition disorder. :biggrin.:

Hope you can make it Jim...

Doc :smash:

BUIZILLA
04-29-2006, 08:47 AM
I'm confirmed staying here>>> www.libertyharborrv.com

and here>>> www.lakegeorgervpark.com

i'll be towing my Dmax or a Rubicon, so I have some wheels to get around...

run your boat Sue...... like a hell yeah :idea: I would LUV to... i'm a better driver than a passenger...

JH

sue
04-29-2006, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the warning Dan! It took me too long to find a 22' to turn around & sell it. Hey Jim-I would still love you to ride with me (I think?). Not too sure about the comment in your last post.

Glad you will be coming. I will get a chance to meet one more person that has been so helpful to a stranger (me).

Dr. Dan
04-29-2006, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the warning Dan! It took me too long to find a 22' to turn around & sell it. Hey Jim-I would still love you to ride with me (I think?). Not too sure about the comment in your last post.
Glad you will be coming. I will get a chance to meet one more person that has been so helpful to a stranger (me).

So Sue...when ya gonna post some pics of your new ride? Start a new Thread under the Performance Section and post the pics of the Boat, Trailer and the Infamous Hoist... Holy Cow its been a few weeks already... the secret is out.:beer:

Maybe I'll start a post to "Name Sue's Boat"... yeah that's the Ticket.

Doc :spongebob

Air 22
04-29-2006, 10:00 PM
Jim......Maybe we'll meet on the way up on I-87 on Thursday. I'm from LG and can show u around the "Queen of American Lakes" you will luv it for sure!!!:yes: :smile: Direct Connect me and we'll make a plan...c u soon:D

sue
04-30-2006, 08:48 PM
So Sue...when ya gonna post some pics of your new ride? Start a new Thread under the Performance Section and post the pics of the Boat, Trailer and the Infamous Hoist... Holy Cow its been a few weeks already... the secret is out.:beer:
Maybe I'll start a post to "Name Sue's Boat"... yeah that's the Ticket.
Doc :spongebob
I would love to post some photos of my new boat, trailer & the hydro hoist. But first, I have to figure out how to get the photos on this site!

Donzi Di
05-16-2006, 11:50 AM
I have an extra room at the Treasure Cove. If anyone is interested, please let me know.

It is reserved for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.

Di

gnupy420
06-02-2006, 06:19 PM
I just made hotel accomadations for the weekend of the 16-18 of june and would love to be involved in the donzi poker run.i have never been to lake george so im not that familiar can anyone give the info on how to sign up. also how do i get permits for the boat ramp?

BUIZILLA
06-02-2006, 06:47 PM
Di, you have a PM...

Jim

Air 22
06-02-2006, 07:43 PM
I just made hotel accomadations for the weekend of the 16-18 of june and would love to be involved in the donzi poker run.i have never been to lake george so im not that familiar can anyone give the info on how to sign up. also how do i get permits for the boat ramp?
http://www.lgdonziclassic.com/2006_Dustoff.html
No permit needed for the boat ramp..A Lake Use permit is needed and is availale at most Marina's:D :smile:

BUIZILLA
06-07-2006, 07:03 AM
Matty, 2 for the BBQ on Thursday night....

JH

sue
06-07-2006, 07:36 AM
BBQ? Sounds great! I am coming up Thursday & am planning on being there before 5:00. I will do my best to get there in time for the BBQ. It is my first time trailering this boat, so I will be doing allot of stops to check things out. If all goes well, I should make it on time & would love to join everyone. Is there anything you would like me to bring?
Sue

glashole
06-07-2006, 08:35 AM
will be arriving around 11- midnight Thursday

don't feel obligated to hold the BBQ for me :p

Shea

sue
06-07-2006, 05:38 PM
Hey Matty;
I will be coming up alone. My husband Art does not like this type of boating at all. He says that it makes his beer foam, plus he would have a really hard time getting off from work. I think I have him convinced to go to one event which is Lake Winni.
See you next week!
Sue

Dr. Dan
06-07-2006, 09:03 PM
:wavey: Matty, Couple of things Liz is flying in Friday Night... from Atlanta to Albany or some such thing...I will be in for the BBQ.. I know what to bring... Kim and Tom should be in by Thursday, Brad and Amy are less likely at this time by Thursday but that could change...

Pretty Boy Floyd should be in about 3 - 6 pm if his ego doesn't get in his way... but he is now Traveling with a Full Crew(3 munchkins) and Bringing Gavin our youngest male Lake George Donzi Member, I call him "Gauge" for short... as in Gavin A. Jeckel or G.A.J or Gauge like I said.

I think Dick and Cindy are out for some reason...no worries... I am sure there will be someone I can irritate at the Auctions.

I should be there after 11:00am I won't splash until after 2:00pm. I might be meeting the Buizilla Boy if our schedules work... on the way up the Thruway...

Shea...I know this crowd...the Grill will just be getting warmed up and Pearsons Chicken and Bloated Goat & Roadside Welding Stories will just be flowing by Midnite... Trust Me. Bring an Appetite... and your own gas can...

Doc of Non Partisan Participation :bonk:

TuxedoPk
06-07-2006, 10:16 PM
I'm confirmed staying here>>> www.libertyharborrv.com
JH

-Jim, when are you getting in to liberty harbor? If you're in early and up for a sail around the Statue of Liberty and NY harbor, I'm a member of a sailing club at Liberty Landing and would be happy to take you out. I'm not planning on heading up to Lake George on Friday.

Air 22
06-07-2006, 10:34 PM
:wavey: Matty, Couple of things Liz is flying in Friday Night... from Atlanta to Albany or some such thing...I will be in for the BBQ.. I know what to bring... Kim and Tom should be in by Thursday, Brad and Amy are less likely at this time by Thursday but that could change...
Pretty Boy Floyd should be in about 3 - 6 pm if his ego doesn't get in his way... but he is now Traveling with a Full Crew(3 munchkins) and Bringing Gavin our youngest male Lake George Donzi Member, I call him "Gauge" for short... as in Gavin A. Jeckel or G.A.J or Gauge like I said.
I think Dick and Cindy are out for some reason...no worries... I am sure there will be someone I can irritate at the Auctions.
I should be there after 11:00am I won't splash until after 2:00pm. I might be meeting the Buizilla Boy if our schedules work... on the way up the Thruway...
Shea...I know this crowd...the Grill will just be getting warmed up and Pearsons Chicken and Bloated Goat & Roadside Welding Stories will just be flowing by Midnite... Trust Me. Bring an Appetite... and your own gas can...
Doc of Non Partisan Participation :bonk:

Hey Doc..."Son your Ego is writing checks your body can't cash" :biggrin: :beer:

Matty..count 4 of us in..."Gauge" as Doc put him is on momma's milk so maybe next year for the now 4 month 20lb future Denver Bronco Fullback...:biggrin: :biggrin:...we should b rolling in around noonish. Trying for Allentown, PA day one then its 5hrs to go on day 2:) We are really looking fwd to seeing everyone there.:beer: Let the SUN gods be upon us all weekend!!!:)

Kirbyvv
06-08-2006, 10:55 AM
The X is back together, so big stress relief. I'll try and stop by Thursday night for a cold one or two or.... otherwise it'll be Sat. a.m. for me. Wife has me booked for Friday night. Looking forward to meeting everyone (I think).

BUIZILLA
06-08-2006, 12:15 PM
-Jim, when are you getting in to liberty harbor? If you're in early and up for a sail around the Statue of Liberty and NY harbor, I'm a member of a sailing club at Liberty Landing and would be happy to take you out. I'm not planning on heading up to Lake George on Friday.Tux, should be there Sunday afternoon, full sightseeing schedule layed out already though, no time for sailing, thanx for the offer.

JH

David Hartmann
06-08-2006, 10:35 PM
I have always wanted to go to the Dust off. I spend the whole summer a the lake but normally the boat is not running this early.

I want to go to the dust off but I would have to make a lot of changes to business plans

I love to see all the Boats

Does anyone know what is typical for turn out or how many boats might be there this year? Is there as many as the fall picnic?

Dr. Dan
06-09-2006, 05:29 AM
I have always wanted to go to the Dust off. I spend the whole summer a the lake but normally the boat is not running this early.
I want to go to the dust off but I would have to make a lot of changes to business plans
I love to see all the Boats
Does anyone know what is typical for turn out or how many boats might be there this year? Is there as many as the fall picnic?

:spongebob Dave...depending on the Weather... I would say the DustOff normally brings more total Boats than the Picnic on average. I usually attend both Events and I would give you a consistent range of 30 to 40 Boats for the DustOff... some years its been closer to 50...others its been lighter due to Nasty Weather.

So come if ya can ...the more the merrier as they say... but a Bad Day on Lake George and with this Crew is always better than any Day in the Office?

Life is a Series of Choices.... when it's over it's over... make another memory, bring a friend and enjoy the time of your life! It is Lake George afterall?

Doc of Random Tendencies :spongebob

bob haver
06-09-2006, 09:07 PM
the long range forcast look's pretty dam good for the dust off can't wait to see everybody .7 days and counting/////

Dr. Dan
06-10-2006, 06:23 AM
:bighug: Change In Plans Jan!!!!!!!!!! The Lizard is able to fly in a night earlier so she will be arriving in Albany at about 5:00pm Thursday.

I better cancel the Dancing Girls and the Rotary Club Cribbage Zuchini Bread Bake Off:smash:

Matty looks like we will have plenty of Wheat Germ for Fiber in our meals...cuz the Girls won't be there now... especialy Louise who we caught last year at the age of 68 hanging her Bed Sheet from the Local Boys Fire Truck Trying to seduce one of the Firemen into an impromtu Hose Inspection!

I know... I gotta cut back on the fresh ground coffee! :spongebob

Director of AARP Spontaneous Shuffle Board Team & Ceramic Probes :rolleyes:

glashole
06-10-2006, 10:14 AM
just got bumped up to a 2 bedroom cabin :beer: because the treasure cove didn't receive my deposit for whatever reason

I called to check everything was ok and they had cancelled the room ( just a note everyone may want to double check their reservation)

BUIZILLA
06-11-2006, 06:38 AM
betcha didn't think I would be checking in......

I DO have the technology onboard.....

I'll tell ya one thing, Wash DC traffic totally sucks....

J & J :wavey: :D :spit: :wavey:

Dr. Dan
06-11-2006, 12:38 PM
betcha didn't think I would be checking in......
I DO have the technology onboard.....
I'll tell ya one thing, Wash DC traffic totally sucks....
J & J :wavey: :D :spit: :wavey:

:wavey: Hey Jim... I trust the run over the Key Bridge was uneventful? I will be heading up Wednesday Night...staying at the Sloatsburg Rest Stop on I-87, just a few miles from the 287 Loop. If you think you will be in the area by early Thursday a.m. give me a call 717-512-3656 Wednesday Night by 10pm...otherwise I will just meet ya up North at LG.

Drive Safe

Doc :D

Scott Pearson
06-11-2006, 05:47 PM
Just got back from Lake George 20 min. ago. Looks like this weekend coming up will be a nice warm sunny one. Cant wait.

glashole
06-12-2006, 12:39 PM
will I get a hard time if my silent choice doesn't work?

Scott Pearson
06-13-2006, 04:49 AM
Not sure....Don Neubauer always keeps the Lake George patrol busy on our Dust-Off weekend:rlol: .

Their out there and you just never know...