PDA

View Full Version : Finally own a classic-need quick advice

sue
04-02-2006, 05:36 PM
Hi to everyone;
I am finally a proud owner of a brand new left over 2004 classic 22 40th anniversary edition with a 496HO. Gene Weeks from Donzi took me for the sea trial & the boat went 73.9 gps with 2 people & a full tank of gas. WOOOOOOOW! What a great boat.
I am hoping some one near Sarasota (where the boat is) knows of a trailer or some one to call that might have one in stock. I need a trailer under the boat by the end of next week so it can be adjusted & be ready to go when my friend arrives a week from Monday to trailer the boat home for me. Most of the trailer dealers do not understand that the 22' classic must be supported not only by the bunks but also the frame (aluminum). Gene said that you must get a bigger trailer so the bunks can be moved forward so the back of the bunks line up directly above the back of the aluminum part of the trailer. Please, if anyone can help me, let me know. If I do not have a trailer, I will have to have the boat shipped up to NY which costs about the same as a trailer. Any advice or people to call would be appreciated.
I want to thank Dr. Dan, Buizilla, Madpoodle plus other people on this sight for all of their time & help. It is very rare that people that you do not know spend so much time helping. It seems like my new classic comes with a wonderful group of people & I look forward to meeting as many of you as I can. Sue

onesubdrvr
04-02-2006, 05:39 PM
Hi to everyone;
I am finally a proud owner of a brand new left over 2004 classic 22 40th anniversary edition with a 496HO. Gene Weeks from Donzi took me for the sea trial & the boat went 73.9 gps with 2 people & a full tank of gas. WOOOOOOOW! What a great boat.
I am hoping some one near Sarasota (where the boat is) knows of a trailer or some one to call that might have one in stock. I need a trailer under the boat by the end of next week so it can be adjusted & be ready to go when my friend arrives a week from Monday to trailer the boat home for me. Most of the trailer dealers do not understand that the 22' classic must be supported not only by the bunks but also the frame (aluminum). Gene said that you must get a bigger trailer so the bunks can be moved forward so the back of the bunks line up directly above the back of the aluminum part of the trailer. Please, if anyone can help me, let me know. If I do not have a trailer, I will have to have the boat shipped up to NY which costs about the same as a trailer. Any advice or people to call would be appreciated.
I want to thank Dr. Dan, Buizilla, Madpoodle plus other people on this sight for all of their time & help. It is very rare that people that you do not know spend so much time helping. It seems like my new classic comes with a wonderful group of people & I look forward to meeting as many of you as I can. Sue

Sue, drop Mad Poodle a line, I'm sure he can help you (I think he has one ready to go)

Best of luck, can't wait to meet up with you and your new boat sometime

(the 40th in yellow is one of my FAVORITE all-time Donzi's)!!!!

Congrats!!
Wayne

yeller
04-02-2006, 09:40 PM
Sorry I can't help you with the trailer. Wrong coast, wrong country. Just wanted to say congrats on the boat. A brand new 04...nice going!

MOP
04-03-2006, 06:18 AM
Great news! You have to drag it out to The Peconic Bay, Bring Joan make her take a day off she needs it!

Phil

Dr. Dan
04-03-2006, 11:40 AM
:wavey: Sue, as we discussed before, I recommend Poodle, especially considering your compressed time frame. Here is a picture of a nice Continental Aluminum Trailer my friend Dwight purchased from Scott.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8750&d=1105151724

Good Luck, Congrats, YaDa, YaDa, YaDa...now go buy a Trailer!

:D Doc

Cuda
04-03-2006, 11:51 AM
Captain Jack can hook you up. He's not far from Sarasota, and he will deliver the trailer too. Be sure to talk to Jack, and not his son.

Quickload Boat Trailers
Address: 2922 46th Ave N, St Petersburg, FL 33714
Phone: (727) 527-5078

RickSE
04-03-2006, 12:19 PM
Sue, Congrats on the new boat.

Poodle should be able to help you out. If not my dad can get you a Loadmaster (aluminum) or a MYCO (steel or aluminum) but Loadmaster would be the quickest. Again I'd recommend Poodle since he knows the boats. Let me know if I can help.

Definitely put it on a good trailer.