PDA

View Full Version : Heads or Tails

onesubdrvr
04-02-2006, 09:25 AM
Can anyone make out the #'s in this picture, and tell by them whether or not this is a 4 bolt block?
Thanks
Wayne

michaeldeb
04-02-2006, 09:45 AM
I have a program that zooms and sharpens. Pretty sure 6709

onesubdrvr
04-02-2006, 09:48 AM
Thanks,

I'll see if I can find that # in any of my books, or maybe someone else knows off the top of their head?

Thanks
Wayne

MOP
04-02-2006, 10:11 AM
Wayne is that the one were were talking about?? If so they I am fairly sure they were not using 4 bolt blocks, for the RPM's we spin a 4 bolt is not really needed.

Phil

onesubdrvr
04-02-2006, 10:20 AM
Wayne is that the one were were talking about?? If so they I am fairly sure they were not using 4 bolt blocks, for the RPM's we spin a 4 bolt is not really needed.
Phil
Yup, that's the one Phil,

I agree, especially if this one ends up in the Ragazza, but I was thinking about if I ended up keeping it and rebuilding it,....Like I said, the Cobra that came out of my dads Formula was a 4 bolt, machined roller, just wondering if I would get lucky.

Probably won't matter, this will end up in the Ragazza anyways!

Thanks
Wayne

p729lws
04-02-2006, 10:41 AM
Wayne,
No luck with the Ragazza deal on ebay? :confused:
Dan

onesubdrvr
04-02-2006, 10:53 AM
Wayne,
No luck with the Ragazza deal on ebay? :confused:
Dan
Well,

I've been in good contact with the potential buyer, BUT, he has yet to pay, it seems almost like he's trying to get the money together, instead of having it together before he bought,

Oh well, doing this saves me a few grand anyway (other than having to re-list the ragazza when done)

Wayne

mrfixxall
04-02-2006, 11:59 AM
Wayne i believe those are the wrong #'s..Try looking on th front of the block im front of the left head (ware the gasget sits)..It should start with letters and then numbers....

onesubdrvr
04-02-2006, 12:35 PM
Wayne i believe those are the wrong #'s..Try looking on th front of the block im front of the left head (ware the gasget sits)..It should start with letters and then numbers....
Thanks, but unfortunately I don't have it yet, don't know if I'll win the bid or not, but going to try to.

As I said, looks like this will be going in the Ragazza anyways, but, who knows, the days bring funny things anymore.

Thanks
Wayne

RickSE
04-03-2006, 12:32 PM
Chevy Casting Numbers (http://www.mortec.com/castnum.htm)

The last three digits of the casting number are also on the bottom of the motor between the freeze plugs, both sides. For example my 3951509 400ci says "509" on both sides of the motor.