PDA

View Full Version : Tachometer - not working

Budman
12-26-2003, 11:49 AM
Help experts! Is there only one fuse which the tachometer is linked to? I checked the fuses in the dash and they appear ok.
Thanks,
Dan

Fish boy
12-27-2003, 12:52 PM
for a second I thought this was the other budman on the registry, and I was going to make a smarta@# comment about his boat (we go way back). Guess we must be running low on login names. good luck with the tach problem.

fish

MOP
12-27-2003, 01:34 PM
When a tach dies one of the first things I do is to hook a tach & dwell meter up to the tach at the dash. It cuts to the chase whether or not its in the wiring, connections or the tach itself. If the meter reds Ok then the tach is dead if it don't then start checking all connections including push plugs, I have found many a plug corroded inside that looked minty fresh outside.

Budman
12-27-2003, 09:22 PM
M.O.P.: thanks for the advise. I will try your recommendation. I never had a tach go bad before, but I imagine anything is possible.
thanks again,
Budman

Budman
12-28-2003, 06:39 AM
Fish Boy: I got the name "Budman" from my huntin' buddies, since I work for Budweiser. Next time I setup a log on name, I may need to be more creative.
have a good one,
Dan