PDA

View Full Version : speed record

bob haver
03-31-2006, 08:53 PM
how come donzi doesn't go for it after all cig's tried fell 5 miles an hour short i thing donzi could do this seeing that they are older company. this would be good for donzi

Carl C
03-31-2006, 09:23 PM
They could at least put together a program to try for it like Cigarette did but it would take a lot of commitment and $. Donzi doesn't build a triple do they? They would need to build a triple with help from Mercury Racing with some motors fron Hell. Fountain set the record with sheer horsepower.:cool!:

boxy
03-31-2006, 10:56 PM
cause Don didn't build Donzi to win some flat water drag race........

ChromeGorilla
04-01-2006, 09:11 AM
They could at least put together a program to try for it like Cigarette did but it would take a lot of commitment and $. Donzi doesn't build a triple do they? They would need to build a triple with help from Mercury Racing with some motors fron Hell. Fountain set the record with sheer horsepower.:cool!:

Carl.... even if they did try they wouldn't NEED a triple to do it. And BTW the 43 ZR can be outfitted with trips as it has already been done....

The last 3 serious contenders , Fountain, Cig, and OL all had twin engine boats.... and yes it don't matter who attempts it... it takes sheer HP from to do it.....

Cuda
04-01-2006, 10:13 AM
Speaking of speed records, I think Debbie and I are going to ride the bikes up to Crescent City to watch the kilo runs today. From what I'm reading, there won't be a lot of running today, but we might get a picture of Ken Warby's boat. He is the world record holder on water, at 317mph. They are still testing his new boat, they say he won't run much over 200 this week.:eek!:

boxy
04-01-2006, 06:44 PM
and for those of you who are afraid that the newest ZR might not be as fast as a kleenex thin Fever 27, remember if you want a pond boat, buy a pond boat.....

ChromeGorilla
04-01-2006, 07:13 PM
MP and matty, I was gonna use Cigarater but I didn't know how many would pick up on it......;)