PDA

View Full Version : looking at 88 Z21 anybody know about these?

showtime1
03-31-2006, 08:53 PM
this particular boat doesnt have trim tabs. I cant amagine it not needing them. Do the stationary ones work or do you need hydraulic? Also has Ford 351 Crusader engine. Any known problems with this combo? Someone is to get back with me on the hours and what drive. Also how come some came with port hole windows and some not? Owner asking 12,900 not exactly cheap I dont think. Any opinions on this boat?

CMC
03-31-2006, 09:16 PM
Those boats were high class back in the day. Many Donzi's from that era had wood problems. Check the floor,stringers and transom for soft spots. I thought they had Mercruisers then .

Donzigo
04-01-2006, 01:27 AM
Outdrive is probably an Alpha drive or maybe a Cobra drive.

The stringers are always an issue with this era boat. Take a ball pin hammer and check everything well.

The price seems quite high, unless the boat was stored inside and is pristine.

I had a 1987 Z-25 & have now a 1989 Z-33. Let me know if I can offer anything to help you.

For sure, you will need to change out the fuel tank...........don't even think of not doing it................and don't try to convince yourself that it's fine. The cost for the tank will be around $600 and then the installation will be approximately $300/$400, unless you do it yourself.

Richard
727-867-7020

BUIZILLA
04-01-2006, 11:56 AM
Showtime, how long have you been in the Clayton area?? I used to go there practically every summer as a kid, place called Bynum house...

Jim