PDA

View Full Version : My New Piercings!

rustnrot
03-30-2006, 08:33 PM
Finally took delivery of these today. One of them is going in the formula Jr. hull.....

Cuda
03-30-2006, 09:06 PM
What is it?

MOP
03-30-2006, 09:58 PM
Pulse Drive!
Tom I did a little research on them they appear to be a good unit, not quite a fast as the A drives but they have other nice pluses. Will very much look forward to your input when you get it together.

Phil

rustnrot
03-31-2006, 07:04 AM
Not as sophisticated as an Arneson but damned clever designs. The whole platform that has the prop strut and shaft pivots up and down electro-hydraulically. The rudders provide turning via hydraulic helm.

These "entry level" units are good for 300-350 hp only, unlike the A's which what, have their first unit rated 650? Lightweight at 130 lbs or so that coupled with the 240 hp rotary will be a total propulsion package weight of 500 lbs.

I am hoping for a total boat weight of about 1500 lbs. Shooting for 55 mph top speed. This same engine, only naturally aspirated at 175 hp with these same drives did 50 mph in an 18 deep vee center console (factory tests).

I also hope to use nearly half the fuel of a similar speed V8 boat. Rotaries are very efficient (and long lasting) at continuous high speed operation. The airplane guys that use this engine use nearly as much fuel taxi-ing as they do at 180 mph! Automobiles are not really a good use of the engine since they have so much of their operating times at slow speeds, not in the sweet spot of the engine.