PDA

View Full Version : GEOO"s Mighty Mouse

GEOO
03-30-2006, 11:13 AM
Well it's True I sold Her. She couldn't be in better hands.( I mean that!!) I'm sure she'll pop up at an event or two. I had a great 10 years with her and just started to use her less and less with my growing family. I needed the space in the garage, (cash never hurts) and it killed me to she her sitting in the garage without being wrenched on and cleaned. I plan on making it to a few events this year. I'll always have a place in my heart for Donzi's and all of the great people I have meet over the years. I'll build another one when the kid's get older!!! Have a few good ideas :eek:
I may have the opportunity to do a few Races in the Super Vee Class this year in the Joe Boxer/Patron Boat (Skater Hull :embarasse ). If I do, I'll let you know so we can get together. Cheers George
http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15182&d=1128373664

Pismo
03-30-2006, 11:20 AM
What engine did you finally sell it with? Did you leave the Arneson on? Thanks

CosmoKat
03-30-2006, 11:22 AM
Congrats on the sale, who bought her and where did she go?

RedDog
03-30-2006, 11:23 AM
I'm sure you're sad George. I haven't had to do it but I suspect your feelings are like giving away a daugher to her new husband.

So when is the new owner going to step up and be recognized?

Barry Phillips
03-30-2006, 02:00 PM
I'm saddened that you've parted with Mighty Mouse. I have known you for at lease 8 of the 10 years you’ve owned her, when Sue and first met you on a dock at the Lake George Fall Picnic. I recognized her from the NYC Poker Run on Speed Vision. It was always fun to see the next project you performed on the boat making an 18’ hull run safely at over a 100mph is truly an accomplishment. You will always identified with Mighty Mouse, but you were a single guy than and now you have wonderful family. I hope you guys I still going to come up to Lake George you can always bum a ride.

BP

GEOO
03-30-2006, 02:02 PM
Same Engine I've had the past few years; 436ci Procharged. Detuned a little. :lookaroun
Not sure when the new owner is going to find their way to the site?

Mr X
03-30-2006, 05:35 PM
I would have bet money it was sold to a board member :biggrin:

CosmoKat
03-30-2006, 08:01 PM
Actually, I did bid on it when it was on ebay.
Then poof.......the auction was ended.
Guess it was sold outside of ebay :(

yeller
03-30-2006, 09:27 PM
Hey George, you can always take pride in the fact that you built one of the most unique Donzis ever!! I originally found this site because I was doing a search on Arnesons and it linked me to your tech article.
Very, very nice boat indeed.:shades:

Lenny
03-31-2006, 12:42 AM
George, see you in Key West again in November ??? :D :D :D

Hopefully, I will be in turn one again :) fingers crossed ... :yes:

GEOO
03-31-2006, 06:33 AM
Thanks Guys.
Scott, how'd you get that photo. It's not easy to switch the name on a boat.
Paint add's a couple of hundred pounds. In order to change the colors you need to strip all the old paint off. :cool: I think the name/color design is still being thought about.
I might be heading down next weekend to do some testing?? :propeller

boldts
03-31-2006, 09:24 AM
This is one of the things I love about this website. I didn't know Skater was making a V-Hull boat now or is that just the way the picture is angled? George, wishing you and the family the best. I'll never forget Mighty Mouse running at Lake Cumberland and trying to film her. Be safe racing!

BTW, thank-you also for the great new screen saver.

RickSE
03-31-2006, 10:34 AM
This brings back memories of our old friend GeneD, the whole selling the 18 with an opprotunity to go racing thing. Good luck in your adventures George. :checkered

It's sad watching the old-timers move on, posting less on this site. :frown:

GEOO
03-31-2006, 01:03 PM
Rick, HUM?? A little different. Anyway...

RickSE
03-31-2006, 01:53 PM
Sorry I'm getting a little emotional. :bawling:

It's just been interesting watching the dynamics of the board change over the last 7 or so years. As the years go by fewer and fewer of the original group are here posting. Guess it's just a fact of life that peoples lives and interest change as time goes by.

MOP
03-31-2006, 05:21 PM
I agree with Rick things have slowed a bit, I was suprised there were only a few projects lately (A thank you to Jamie). Boating is coming and the sea tails will have to hold us!

Phil

joseph m. hahnl
04-02-2006, 06:30 PM
Geoo:Before you know it Mighty Mouse 2 will be flying faster than the first one. Kids grow fast, college is another story. You will allways be the guy who built the fastest 18 foot Donzi. Don't worry if you ever feel the need I leave an open invitation for my drivers seat and stearing wheel. She's not as fast as Mighty Mouse but hey who's Donzi is.:checkered

joe

npartin
04-04-2006, 12:05 AM
after workin and runnin DREGSZ's X18 I will always envy your boat geoo, sad to see you sold her and cant wait to see mighty mouse 2...

Blewbyu
04-04-2006, 03:27 PM
George-
That is a great photo of you and the "Mouse". Grandeur in departure. I'm sure it was hard to let go, but life moves on. Be safe for your family. And thank you for sharing the adventures and developement of Mouse over the years. I just sold my X18 yesterday (in 10 hours on Craigslist). It happened so fast I'm still in shock. Didn't even have time to get it on the Registry For Sale list. I needed a 'quick and dirty' sale tho, in order to grab the Whaler I wanted (18' Outrage). You were always an inspiration to me in your endeavours to go faster, and your perseverance. Who would have thought you could go that fast in that boat without certain disaster. It's to your great credit you could lock 'er down. Phenominal!
I'll never forget my 7 years with the X18. I wanted that boat for 40 years before I bought it, and it gave me endless satisfaction. The physical beauty of that boat is awe inspiring. Many were the hours I stood just looking at it and taking in the timeless lines, and the feline sexuality of the hull. Will be able to visit her....she is going to Priest Lake, Idaho, only 65 miles from our summer place on Pend Oreille Lake.
Thank you all, this is a superb site and you are great folks. Thanks to you Harbormaster, for your dedication to keeping it great. I will continue to skulk in the shadows. Adios Amigos........

Nola
04-05-2006, 12:51 PM
Jeff-

It is an honor to take stewardship of the x-18 from you. You are a fantastic guy to talk with and complete this transaction with. It is obvious how much you love the x-18 and how well she has been taken care of.

Until I can get her in the water, I will be spending my time reading all about her with all your posts here on the registry.

I hope to be an active member here and keep her in this 'family'.

As the note I FedExed to you this morning said...a quick call anytime will have her in the water at Priest Lake waiting for you to take her out and run her.

She isn't going far.

-Jim

yeller
04-05-2006, 03:18 PM
[QUOTE=Nola]...She isn't going far.../QUOTE]

DAMN! I was hoping it was going west.:biggrin.: :biggrin.:

Congrats Nola!! :wavey: Fantastic boat. You must be excited, for sure.

Ed Donnelly
04-05-2006, 05:52 PM
Welcome to the Registry Nola. We will all be waiting to hear about your first solo venture...........Ed

MOP
04-05-2006, 08:32 PM
Nola welcome to the group, I know you will enjoy that boat. It is special like its former owner, sure hoping George keeps a presence here on the board would hate to lose him.

Phil

Lenny
04-05-2006, 08:50 PM
George-
That is a great photo of you and the "Mouse". Grandeur in departure. I'm sure it was hard to let go, but life moves on. Be safe for your family. And thank you for sharing the adventures and developement of Mouse over the years. I just sold my X18 yesterday (in 10 hours on Craigslist). It happened so fast I'm still in shock. Didn't even have time to get it on the Registry For Sale list. I needed a 'quick and dirty' sale tho, in order to grab the Whaler I wanted (18' Outrage). You were always an inspiration to me in your endeavours to go faster, and your perseverance. Who would have thought you could go that fast in that boat without certain disaster. It's to your great credit you could lock 'er down. Phenominal!
I'll never forget my 7 years with the X18. I wanted that boat for 40 years before I bought it, and it gave me endless satisfaction. The physical beauty of that boat is awe inspiring. Many were the hours I stood just looking at it and taking in the timeless lines, and the feline sexuality of the hull. Will be able to visit her....she is going to Priest Lake, Idaho, only 65 miles from our summer place on Pend Oreille Lake.
Thank you all, this is a superb site and you are great folks. Thanks to you Harbormaster, for your dedication to keeping it great. I will continue to skulk in the shadows. Adios Amigos........
Man, ... :eek: was that well said :yes: Jeff, thank YOU for letting me crawl around on your X-18 5 years ago which in the end inspired me to build the bench seat boat, thanx to your allowance for me to arrive at your home, unknown, and take measurements, and the first time, you were not even home...
Anyways, sad to see yours go as well, wish it had come to this side of line. Then I could "pal around" with another "X" but alas... Have fun in your Whaler, and if you are anywheres near the San Juans, (which obviously you already are) give me a shout (250-474-4005) and maybe we can hook up out on the water somewhere. Thanks for all your help in the past. :yes:
Oh, and WELCOME to this disease Jim. Great place. See you soon (somehow) in my "X" . Be nice to her :D
OH, and Jim, you might want to consider the gathering in Lake Powell coming up in June. We are all driving down from here-ish (Vancouver/Victoria) getting some from Washington State and abroad and it will be a blast. GREAT WAY to meet some of the folks here. You will NEVER regret it and actually, as "scary" as the Internet is in some respects to people and children and scams, THIS is the one thing that has swung the pendulum the other way and is by far better than any other "club" or what-have-you. This is a first class act, ( other than me :rolleyes: , the boats, the people, the Company and it gives you the "keys" to a huge landscape with DONZI's at the docks. WELCOME :D
Lenny

Lenny
04-05-2006, 09:03 PM
Oh, and Jim.... in case you were unaware,... :D
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?p=367254#post367254
This will be the first AZ DONZI getogether... It has at least a half dozen 22's, Aronow Boats, Anniversary 22's, Blackhawk, X-18, (mine), HP500 22's, 500 horse Classic 18 with a Blackhawk and many more boats coming. I WOULD NOT miss it if I were you. :)
Forget the "famous Potatoes" and come on down :D

yeller
04-06-2006, 02:29 AM
Oh, and Jim.... in case you were unaware,... :D
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?p=367254#post367254
This will be the first AZ DONZI getogether... It has at least a half dozen 22's, Aronow Boats, Anniversary 22's, Blackhawk, X-18, (mine), HP500 22's, 500 horse Classic 18 with a Blackhawk and many more boats coming. I WOULD NOT miss it if I were you. :)
Forget the "famous Potatoes" and come on down :D

That's for sure Jim. Don't miss it! Forget about AOTH and all the Mt Doral events.:biggrin: :biggrin: This is the one to go to. The west is where it's at!! :beer:

yeller
04-06-2006, 11:19 AM
Ooops, that should be Mt Dora. Here I'm talkin smack and can't even get it right:propeller

Nola
04-06-2006, 11:31 AM
Wow. Thanks for the warm welcome ya'll.

I am glad to see the Donzi contingent representing in the NorthWest!

I will definately mark the events on my calendar.

As sad as Jeff, George and other must be....I feel that I am equally excited. Maybe there is a universal Donzi equation that balances out somehow.

-Jim

BUIZILLA
04-06-2006, 11:43 AM
sooo...... :rolleyes:

back on topic.... :bonk:

where did Mighty Mouse go ?? :confused: