PDA

View Full Version : Depth Sounder

Pismo
03-30-2006, 06:43 AM
Looks like my 22 was prefit with a depth sounder, the transducer is mounted to the bottom and the wire goes to the dash but it was never finished. There is no gauge, just the wire bundled up under the dash. Does anyone know what brand unit I need to attach to this transducer. The transducer is black with no markings on it at all, neither does the wire. The conector is a two prong, male square end that plugs into some head unit. Thanks for any ideas.

MOP
03-30-2006, 06:48 AM
I think your best bet is to call a few local elec shops and explain what you have they will know better then most of us.

Phil

Carl C
03-30-2006, 07:23 AM
You will also need the computer. The t.d. does not go directly to a gauge and is probably the cheapest and most easily replaced component of a depth sounder. You will need to buy a depth sounder kit so you might as well install the t.d. that comes with it. (IMO)

RedDog
03-30-2006, 08:51 AM
I think that will connect directly to a Hummingbird unit, wire the unit to power, and you are good to go. Your transducer looks like mind as well.

I'm not sure what kind of system Carl is referring to, but my Hummingbird in-dash sounder consists of the transducer and the guage. Nothing inbetween.

Sorry the pics are blurry - camera phone

Carl C
03-30-2006, 09:28 AM
I'm not sure what kind of system Carl is referring to, but my Hummingbird in-dash sounder consists of the transducer and the guage. Nothing inbetween.

I was referring to an Eagle sounder which had a large black box between the 'ducer and gauge. I thought they all were that way. I stand corrected!

joseph m. hahnl
04-02-2006, 08:59 AM
I was referring to an Eagle sounder which had a large black box between the 'ducer and gauge. I thought they all were that way. I stand corrected!

Carl my Norcross has a hide away box also. So I guess some do some don't."Probably depends on haw much you spend and most important the speed rating". What I would like to Know is. Are tranducers standardized? I would think there are very few wires and the plug is most likely all the same. To even Add more food for thought. All the tranducers are probably manufactured by one company for every one who makes a depth sounder or fish finder. If we could get these questions answered then once you installed a transducer you would only need to replace the gauge if you wanted to upgrade.Or better yet you would have a greater variety of options on the transducer when installing.

joe