PDA

View Full Version : '86 Z-25 Price

Adoni
03-29-2006, 03:50 PM
It has been quite some time since I have posted here, I have been fairly busy with various endeavors and pursuits. I was finally able to locate and purchase my first true toy wish which was a 1985 Mercedes Benz 280GE, gray market vehicle of course. Now that I have brought that vehicle into the fold, my sights are once again set on procuring a Donzi. Already have another boat, not a
Donzi, but recently while driving to work I was struck by a giant blue boat for sale in a nearby driveway. The boat is a 1986 Donzi Z-25. the boat has classic paint/graphics and is done in a Cobalt Blue(not the navy blue from cobalt boats) The gelcoat paint looks great, all new interior, completely rewired with an Arneson outdrive and chevy 350. the boat also has a brand new windshield which the owner says he procured by locating the original designer who still happened to have a mold for the boat. The owner says he has 35k in work tied into the boat and that a new Arneson drive is 15k alone. He is selling the boat because he bought a 100k Baja with twins. The boat also has a removable ski/wakeboard tower affixed to it (not my idea). Wanted to know what people on here feel the boat might be worth. The owner is asking 25k but hinted he might go a bit less. Not sure if I'm really in the market to buy, but would like to think about it all the same. Thanks for the replies in advance.

wytmike
03-29-2006, 05:04 PM
Adoni,

Have you ridden in the boat yet? I have a '86 z25 also. A 350 seems like a small engine even with an Arneson. Trying to get going might be a little slow. We run ours at Tahoe and with a turbocharged 454 (I know terrible for low end at altitude) it is really slow out of the hole.

Not sure of price with that drive but it seems high. The few I've seen have gone for much less with standard drive.

Any way you can find the contact info for the windshield maker. I need a new one and it is next to impossible to get one made without the mold.

Thanks,

Mike

Budmann
03-29-2006, 06:03 PM
Adoni... I worked at the Donzi Factory during this era and will also tell you that the 350 is infact to small for that boat. We made 5 boats with the 350 and had to discount the crap out of them just to get dealers to take them.

As for the Arneson drive.... run from that!!! The boat handles like crap and is inafficiant as hell!

Hope this helps...

P.S... watch this board because I've seen several nice Z-25's go for ALLOT less than what he is asking!!

Bud Staples

Adoni
03-29-2006, 06:22 PM
Thanks guys for both of your replies. as I said before, I'm only grazing, I've actually seen your 25 in Tahoe before Wyt, we've discussed this years ago. As for the boat, the owner claims the motor is original so it could be one of the 5. He claims a top end of 52mph, maybe on the Sacramento going downstream. Budmann I appreciate your advice. Honestly I just thought this price was an abnormality. My personal desire would be to find a good z-25, in black, completely redo the gelcoat and interior, put the original donzi moniker on the side, drop in a 502 or 577 with a tits outdrive and go from there. A good looking sleeper. I use the Cobalt for wakeboarding and family time, not a Donzi.

Donzigo
03-29-2006, 08:59 PM
I had a 1987 Z-25 with a Bravo 1 w 454ci. That's the right combo..........

Budmann
03-29-2006, 09:13 PM
Adoni, I custom made a Z-25 for my mom in 86 and put a 400 hp mecruiser with a TRS. Boat still looks as good as the day it was finished and really runs good with some big horsepower. Donzigo had a sweet one but it sold quick!!!

Watch the board!!!