PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR-Denny Hamlin fishing boat, what is it?

FISHIN SUCKS
03-28-2006, 12:42 PM
Has anyone seen the commercial during a NASCAR race this year for FEDEX and they're talking about what Denny Hamlin, their driver, likes to do in his spare time? Well, the guy says Denny likes to do a little fishing. Next thing you know, it shows these two guys in a tin fish boat and then all of a sudden this big offshore douches them with water! Love the commercial, but what is the boat? It's a stepped hull, but can't tell what it is.

Morgan's Cloud
03-28-2006, 01:06 PM
Dayum ! ! I've seen that too , and said 'oh, it's a .....' Now for the life of me I can't remember what it was ..... I want to say beak boat so bad ...

ps ... Have you got a larger picture of your avatar ? I'd love to see it.

McGary911
03-28-2006, 01:32 PM
I think it's a Black Thunder.

Here's a link to the commercial on FedEx's site.

http://www.fedex.com/us/about/unitedstates/advertising/tvads/hobbieswm.html?link=4

FISHIN SUCKS
03-28-2006, 01:54 PM
ps ... Have you got a larger picture of your avatar ? I'd love to see it.
Hey MC, here is the shot of our Widow (my avatar). I believe Ranman and Jenn took the photo of Barbi and I last year when we were at the AOTH V in Kentucky.

Morgan's Cloud
03-28-2006, 02:12 PM
I KNOW you were just having a blast there !
Thanks , that is great !
Steve

FISHIN SUCKS
03-28-2006, 02:33 PM
Steve, grab a sidekick and fly up to KY in May for the AOTH VI, our back seat is open! :beer:

Hey McGary, I appreciate the link, but my punka$$ coworkers and I can't get it to play even after downloading the media player. Got any ideas? I am dying to see it!

joel3078
03-28-2006, 03:26 PM
Hey FSucks - I have the fedex file downloaded to my hard drive as a .wmv file. Send me an email and I will forward the file to ya. It's too big to post here as a file upload/attatchment.

my email is www.joelek@joelek.com

By the way, you'll get a kick out of this also. Click on the video icon!
http://www.joelek.com/pages/11/index.htm
My black widow is for sale if someone wants to pony up the money. Otherwise, we'll keep on enjoying it.