PDA

View Full Version : blackhawk drive

smokediver
03-28-2006, 07:07 AM
what do you guys think about a blackhawk drive on a 16 ? I have an inside line on a bravo transom for pretty cheap and i have seen some good prices on the drives . props might get a little pricey . figure about 350 horsepower . i am wondering if thats enough to turn two props so i would like to hear from the "pro's that knows" thanks in advance ...

Rootsy
03-28-2006, 07:10 AM
put your X dim where it needs to be and it'll probably work really well.. but that means patchin up the transom and recuttin the hole...

not sure of how it'd work out at the current hole location... might gain a bit but nothing like moving it up about 3 inches...

Woodsy
03-28-2006, 07:48 AM
Smoke...

With a small V8 you will have to run the 1.65:1 gear ratio.... no big deal. You can spin the 31P props with that ratio.

The real issue is are you going to set the X-dim properly? If not, go with the Bravo 1, IMCO shorty route... alot less $$$

I think a BH powered 16 would be freakin wild... Waleyes X-18 runs 77-78 all day long....

Woodsy

LKSD
03-29-2006, 07:11 AM
Smoke...
With a small V8 you will have to run the 1.65:1 gear ratio.... no big deal. You can spin the 31P props with that ratio.
The real issue is are you going to set the X-dim properly? If not, go with the Bravo 1, IMCO shorty route... alot less $$$
I think a BH powered 16 would be freakin wild... Waleyes X-18 runs 77-78 all day long....
Woodsy
Greg Maier annother user here on DR had a bunch of BH stuff he was selling.. You may want to check with him to see if he still has it.. He is planning to Go arneson after the rest of the boat is done & we put the deck on it etc... Jamie :)

Lenny
03-30-2006, 12:49 AM
Ted Meuche has a few still for sale. " Mr. X "

Go for the 17 1/2" "X"-dim instead of the stock 14 1/2". You would be the FIRST 16 owner to hang a Blackhawk on a sixteen.

And since "excessive bow lift" is the issue here ( on the 16 ) and the boats feel better to many with full fuel, then the natural bow lift should play into the Blackhawks hand quite well as it requires a lot of it pre-disposed.

That would be NEAT :yes:

http://www.performanceboat.us/forum/showthread.php?p=1179#post1179

...and, if you get stuck on the prop issue, I belive Don Tamm has about 9 complete sets as spares "in-case" he hurts one :rolleyes: :D :D :D