PDA

View Full Version : which doesn't belong and why part 4???

mattyboy
03-28-2006, 05:57 AM
all of these things seem alike but one is different why???

a) X18

b) 18 classic

c) 18 Barrelback

d) corsican

it's not the difference in the hulls that is way to easy for the wealth of knowledge on this board ;)

MOP
03-28-2006, 06:05 AM
I would guess the Corsican, the deck is so much different.

Phil

mattyboy
03-28-2006, 06:07 AM
Ummm Phil all the decks are different so they are all alike

MOP
03-28-2006, 06:13 AM
Yes but I was thinking three are reasonably similar but the Corsican is quite a departure, will keep an eye out for the answer and learn some more.

Phil

mattyboy
03-28-2006, 06:20 AM
keep looking Phil the answer is usually not far from the ground you've already covered, so look at it from a different angle and sometimes you have to fly by the seat of your pants ;)

olredalert
03-28-2006, 09:17 AM
---------Corsican is the only one of the four with totally different storage for skis???.............Bill S

McGary911
03-28-2006, 09:40 AM
Corsican is a 2 seater? Is that it?

Oops.......just found a pic....4 seats it is....whatever happened to the link to the model list, btw?

How 'bout the X-18....it's the only one that's been over 120 :)

mattyboy
03-28-2006, 09:50 AM
Bill,
that is true and another great little tidbit of info but they all have ski lockers, the difference is more basic and one person would definetly see it ;)Bill,Phil,Mcgary you are all very close keep going ;)

ok i see on mcgary's edit that he found the answer

the corsican is the only one of the 18 performance family donzi that has a seating capacity of 4 all the other 18 are 5 ;)

mattyboy
03-28-2006, 09:56 AM
Ok Mcgary you're up it is your turn to come up with a question
:)

RedDog
03-28-2006, 11:56 AM
The 18 Classic is the only model that is still in production.

MOP
03-28-2006, 11:57 AM
Good one, you were right should have picked up on it sooner.

Phil

RedDog
03-28-2006, 11:58 AM
or

The 18 Classic as the other models only came with Volvo drives. The Classis had eith Volco, OMC, or Merc drives

MOP
03-28-2006, 12:00 PM
Corsican is a 2 seater? Is that it?

Oops.......just found a pic....4 seats it is....whatever happened to the link to the model list, btw?

How 'bout the X-18....it's the only one that's been over 120 :)

http://www.donzi.net/dlist/

It is now in the side bar.

Phil

Rootsy
03-28-2006, 12:03 PM
or
The 18 Classic as the other models only came with Volvo drives. The Classis had eith Volco, OMC, or Merc drives

BUZZZZZZ... big red flashing light... definitely not that answer... corsican came with a TRS and V drive options... barrelback came with either volvo, omc or eaton or V drive... not sure enough to speak on the X18 but i do believe MP has a TRS on his...

mattyboy
03-28-2006, 12:05 PM
wow Jamie quick with the buzzer ;)

Formula I believe the front seats in the corsican were also a little different from the standard 18

mrfixxall
03-28-2006, 12:06 PM
The barrel back,,,the back of the hull has a curve to the transm....Not straight like the classic,x18 or the corsican..

Matty could it also be that the x18 had fiberglass seat pedastils and the others didn,t??????

Rootsy
03-28-2006, 12:10 PM
wow Jamie quick with the buzzer ;)
Formula I believe the front seats in the corsican were also a little different from the standard 18

sowwy.. i shoulda added a few ;) ;) ;) ;) or something..

mrfixxall
03-28-2006, 12:17 PM
matty could it be the x18 and how the seats mount???

Fiberglass seat pedastils that the seats mount to???

mattyboy
03-28-2006, 12:23 PM
The barrel back,,,the back of the hull has a curve to the transm....Not straight like the classic,x18 or the corsican..
Matty could it also be that the x18 had fiberglass seat pedastils and the others didn,t??????

Ummm read my opening post the hull thingy was too obivous and the corsican has curves that go this way and the x 18 has curves that go that way, and the barrelback has curves that go both ways ;) and the 18 has curves here but not there

guys McGary got the answer though I like as lou grant would say the spunk ;)
I believe the early corsican had different pedestals (shorter) than a std 18 also

TuxedoPk
03-28-2006, 02:42 PM
BUZZZZZZ... big red flashing light... definitely not that answer... corsican came with a TRS and V drive options... barrelback came with either volvo, omc or eaton or V drive... not sure enough to speak on the X18 but i do believe MP has a TRS on his...

I've got a TRS on mine

olredalert
03-28-2006, 04:08 PM
-------Original Corsican seats were slightly different. The bottoms were not removable. I think, possibly, this was to get the seats a bit lower in the cockpit. However, because of their construction water had no way of being toweled out after the seats were doused. I dont know of an original set of Corsican seats that are in good unrestored condition (maybe #1???). My #54 was delivered new with X18 seats for some reason. Dont know if the original owner specified them or if DONZI figured out by 1976 (or maybe a bit earlier) that they had a problem. Maybe they were just laying around and got used. In any event I love the X18 seats because they have more back support............Bill S

goatee
03-28-2006, 04:17 PM
if i am reading this right,,,the answer has been given? the pedistals???
but im going to give my first reaction to the question BEFORE i read the rest of the answers.

x-18... only boat that a windshield was not an option.(granted there were years on others where it wasnt either,,but in ....ohh wait,, corsican...ooops

then after reading more answers,, i was thinking the x dimension on ,,whatever boat....????

was a windshield ever an opt. on the corsican?????

Cuda
03-28-2006, 04:21 PM
Poodle does indeed have a Trs on his, as does my buddy Audiofn. I think Audio's is a BBC too, if I'm not mistaken.

onesubdrvr
03-28-2006, 05:34 PM
if i am reading this right,,,the answer has been given? the pedistals???
but im going to give my first reaction to the question BEFORE i read the rest of the answers.
x-18... only boat that a windshield was not an option.(granted there were years on others where it wasnt either,,but in ....ohh wait,, corsican...ooops
then after reading more answers,, i was thinking the x dimension on ,,whatever boat....????
was a windshield ever an opt. on the corsican?????
Yup, the answer was given, the Corsican was the only one with 2+2 seating vice 2+3

X-18, there was one on the registry for sale with the windshield, looket alot like the Hornet windshield.

Wayne

mattyboy
03-28-2006, 07:18 PM
Goat
the corsicans i have seen have had windshields

great info Bill these trivial questions are great for bringing out little tidbits of info from all the responders
well it is your turn Mcgary ;)

olredalert
03-29-2006, 09:57 AM
--------All Corsicans had windshields to my knowledge. Some were never replaced after they were damaged. Without a frame these windshields are very damage-prone as Mario knows!!! Since I am constantly reminded that I dont know everything I will interject at this point that I guess it is possible that someone ordering one of the 54 Corsicans built could possibly have had the windshield deleted.
--------There is at least one Corsican that is TRS equipped, mine!!! There may be another but to this date none have appeared..........Bill S

McGary911
03-29-2006, 11:17 AM
Goat
the corsicans i have seen have had windshields
great info Bill these trivial questions are great for bringing out little tidbits of info from all the responders
well it is your turn Mcgary ;)

Wow, my prize is getting to do some work :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I'll give it some thought and post it on a new thread. Just want to make sure I come up with an accurate one, so i don't look like a moron.....stay tuned...:yes: