PDA

View Full Version : Viper Boat Sighting today??

LSUTIGERS74
03-27-2006, 08:45 PM
I am driving home from the office today and I get past up by a Dodge Ram 2500 pulling a brand new boat with the white plastic cover still attached, but the plastic was very thin and on the side it said Viper powered. It had twin engines and on the back stated Ya it's got a Viper (instead of the normal Hemi commercial). The boat looked to be in the 26' range and was all white. Does anyone know who is manufacturing these boats???

The outdrives looked damn good and overall the boat looked pretty impressive. Anyone have any insight??

tiger lily
03-27-2006, 08:55 PM
speed boat magazine had a article about one of these,, velocity built the boat, they are twin illmor(i think thats how its spelled, someone please correct me though) they are the modified viper motors, the company that does the motors is out of livonia michigan, and i cant think of who does the drives, it will come to me in the middle of the night when im sleeping though

tiger lily
03-27-2006, 09:09 PM
alright, i found the link, ill post up now

http://www.ilmor.com/index.html

and im almost positive IMCO is the one make the drives, modified bravo units i think. i need to find my issue of speed boat that has it

Dave911
03-27-2006, 11:21 PM
probly a Velocity.

The VR1 (29') is a popular new hull, but I doubt you could stuff twin Ilmors in it.

http://www.velocityboats.com/VR1.html

LSUTIGERS74
03-28-2006, 04:04 PM
On the Illmor site, they had a picture of what it looked like, with the white sides with red swoops on the front and rear of the boat. Now I am kinda wondering how much those V10-625 engines cost, anyone have any ideas.

Also thanks for the insight into this boat.

tiger lily
03-28-2006, 06:41 PM
On the Illmor site, they had a picture of what it looked like, with the white sides with red swoops on the front and rear of the boat. Now I am kinda wondering how much those V10-625 engines cost, anyone have any ideas.
Also thanks for the insight into this boat.

30 grand!!!, i think, all the info you can want on these motors is in a issue of speed boat.

harbormaster
03-30-2006, 07:47 AM
Donzi Has built a ZR with a couple of these in it.

LKSD
03-31-2006, 06:09 AM
They come with a Teague platinum drive. We sell these packages they run in the 50-60k ranges with the drive...

Jamie / Lakeside :)

undertaker
03-31-2006, 08:31 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: 50-60K; Jaime order me one for my classic please:D :D. Do you have a finance plan for these

Undertaker:garfield:

LKSD
03-31-2006, 06:47 PM
:umbrella:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: 50-60K; Jaime order me one for my classic please:D :D. Do you have a finance plan for these

Sure!! Which do you prefer MC or visa??? :umbrella: :umbrella: :umbrella: :D

Cuda
03-31-2006, 07:02 PM
That's what I heard. I about fell out when I heard the price.

I will be needing a set up for twins Jamie. Will you take a check?:biggrin.:

Cuda
03-31-2006, 07:06 PM
I saw this pair that were going in an old Scarab raceboat a couple months ago.

undertaker
04-01-2006, 09:37 AM
Poodle you gotta point there.. I like the sound of Merc motors over viper motors also:hyper: . Ok you talked me into it 700/Ace drive it is for the 22 classic...:bonk: :banghead: :biggrin.:

Undertaker:wavey:

SouthBendBlackHawk
04-12-2006, 06:38 PM
I was just at Lake Havasu and there was a Dave's Custom Boats F29 with 2 Viper 625 HP's, no muffler’s and Imco extreme drives. The engines are much more like a v8 than what I was expecting. The boat was awesome and the guy pulled it with a new Chevy crew cab short bed with a duramax and a nitrous bottle in the bed. The truck had at least an 8" lift with 20" Weld wheels and 37" Toyo MT tires. The boat listed for 315K new. I have video of it from my camera but I can't upload it. It is a large WMV file that I zipped but I still can't upload.