PDA

View Full Version : getting out of the hole

jdp_509
03-27-2006, 07:36 PM
I have a 2004 22ZX w/350 mag. I was woundering if anybody could tell me were to adjust the amout of negative trim I want. The boat is okay other than getting out of the hole.:confused: :confused: :confused:

MOP
03-27-2006, 08:06 PM
I have a 2004 22ZX w/350 mag. I was woundering if anybody could tell me were to adjust the amout of negative trim I want. The boat is okay other than getting out of the hole.:confused: :confused: :confused:

The only quasi adjustment is where the rams attach at the back of the drive, the hole is a slot that you can flip the bushing. With the hole aft the drive will tuck under a little more it may help a little.

Phil

onesubdrvr
03-27-2006, 08:15 PM
You may want to look at your prop first,.....

what are you running?

The ZX is a pretty heavy boat, you may want to look at a slightly smaller pitch 4 blade, give up a little top end, but will get you out of the hole quicker than a 3 blade.

Wayne

ps, the difference between the 4 blade and 3 blade on my 21 ragazza was AMAZING, never got to GPS the top end of the 4 blade, but the whole shot was amazingly better.

mrfixxall
03-27-2006, 08:31 PM
what every body else said and do you have a set of trim tabs??? If not that would also be a good investment...

LKSD
03-28-2006, 06:24 AM
Bring it to me.. I will supercharge it for you.. :D :D THen you will have a better hole shot & a much faster top end... We can call it a 2 for 1 special.. :fire:

Actually, try a 4 blade Bravo 1 prop. I can get you one if you want one. Although they usually came stock on most of the 22zx's with bravos.

:) :D Jamie

jdp_509
03-28-2006, 08:09 AM
I am running a 4 blade 22p bravo prop and the trim tab do help out a little, but I think if I can get foot tucked under the boat just a little it would help out considerably. I know the stepped hulls have the spin out problem but if you always keep that in mind while your boating you should be okay. Just about every boat has thier dangers you just have to know your boat. The Pro charger is sure on my mind and I would love to have one, it would solve all my problem but I dont have the $$$$.$$ laying around.

LKSD
03-28-2006, 08:16 AM
I am running a 4 blade 22p bravo prop and the trim tab do help out a little, but I think if I can get foot tucked under the boat just a little it would help out considerably. I know the stepped hulls have the spin out problem but if you always keep that in mind while your boating you should be okay. Just about every boat has thier dangers you just have to know your boat. The Pro charger is sure on my mind and I would love to have one, it would solve all my problem but I dont have the $$$$.$$ laying around.

That prop sounds right. It's also I believe the smallest B1 4 blade you can get. I believe merc makes annother one thats not as tall, but if hole shots or pulling a skier out is an issue how about a 5 Blade Maximus Merc prop. Its better hole shot wise than the 4 blade, but not as good usually on the top end.. That may help you out a bit more..
Call me if you would like one or to know more about it.. Jamie / Lakeside 570-639-2628 :)

synack
03-28-2006, 05:28 PM
Honestly, I just think that that's the nature of the 22ZX. A 4blade prop will help you get going, as will putting the tabs down before you get moving.

mrfixxall
03-28-2006, 05:56 PM
Jdp,,,,you may want to look into droping a pitch and going up in the diameter..

one of my cust's has a lead sled fourwinns liberator with a 500 hp 468 cid,he had a 15x25 3 blade on it and boy it was a pig out of the hole with the tabs down and the drive tucked all the way in..His top speed was 59 mph at 4900 rpm..I had a few 4 blades mach props upstairs in my shop i let him try..one was a 16x18 that gave him one hell of a whole shot and took his boat from 59 mph to 65 mph at 5100 rpm the other i let him try was a 16x20 and also gave him a great holeshot and took his boat from 59 mph to 68 mph at 4800 rpm.......I would try a bigger diameter prop first....and what mop said...

MOP
03-28-2006, 07:41 PM
jdp_509 before you get carried away with $$$ check to see what position the trim ram bushing is in, if the hole is forward flip to the aft position you can do that for free it will help lift the azz up out of the hole.

Phil

DJ13
03-29-2006, 06:35 PM
Dropping the tabs and tucking the drive always help my '99 7.4l do the trick. 'Course, dropping in a Pro Charger would be the most fun but I'm loving the reliability of my stock set-up for now...

LKSD
03-29-2006, 07:18 PM
Dropping the tabs and tucking the drive always help my '99 7.4l do the trick. 'Course, dropping in a Pro Charger would be the most fun but I'm loving the reliability of my stock set-up for now...

You can have your cake & eat it too!! ;) Procharger's are reliable when set up right. Ask my client who's 22zx boat is in my one of my banners.. He has a ton of time on it & loves it.. Jamie :) ;)

http://www.lakesiderestorations.com/image_files/dreglakesidebanner2.gif