PDA

View Full Version : Drive experts

florida gator
03-27-2006, 06:56 PM
My OMC King Cobra is fine but, I have been told I should get rid of the boat while everything is good because it is difficult to find parts for the OMC. My question, if I'm still happy with my boat, how difficult / costly is it to convert from the OMC to a Merc if I did have a problem?

LKSD
03-28-2006, 06:18 AM
Poodle, Last I looked the other day GLM is only doing the regular Cobra stuff not the King drives.. As far as repowering with Merc's drive or other. It can be done but it's not to cheap.. Jamie :)

Dr. Dan
03-28-2006, 08:03 AM
:bonk: Gator Breath, I am in time going to be doing the same thing, fact is I have not had any issues with the King Cobra, so if ya keep it serviced you should not have problems until ya hit a log....cuz it's not designed to self destruct like some other drives. I have been researching this operation, best approach is make a shopping list of all of the components you will require, Transom Assembly, Upper and Lower Drive Components, Steering if required...etc. and if you are gonna do it, start buying each part as Deals arise.

I will likely be doing a ITS Bravo XR conversion for my 22 Classic, I need the Steering and I want a clean look, plus it'll be a first on a 22 Classic...and I like being different. :cool!:

Good Luck

Doc :wavey:

undertaker
03-28-2006, 09:16 AM
(I like being different)

Yes you do..:yes: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Undertaker:fire: