PDA

View Full Version : Not looking forward to tomorrow.....

gold-n-rod
03-26-2006, 08:11 PM
Tommorow am, I'm gonna have my groin shaved, a sheath stuck into my femoral artery and a catheter threaded into my heart to see why I've been having a spate of irregular heartbeats. Spending the weekend in the hospital is flat out no fun. :eek:

I'd much rather be boating! :wavey: More later.

Carl C
03-26-2006, 08:14 PM
I wish you the best, Randy. I'll be up this summer.

DAULEY
03-26-2006, 08:17 PM
good luck hope all is well we will say a prayer

Cuda
03-26-2006, 08:34 PM
Good luck. My dad had it done, he said it was no worse than getting a haircut. :)

gold-n-rod
03-26-2006, 08:39 PM
Good luck. My dad had it done, he said it was no worse than getting a haircut. :)

Yeah, the dark and curly ones!!!!!!!! LOL.

I've had a couple before. The part I am hoping for is that I get a cute, young nurse to press on my groin for an hour until the bleeding stops. Unfortunately, I've only gotten the fat, old ones, but a guy can hope, can't he? :smile:

Tony
03-26-2006, 08:47 PM
Good luck Randy, I'm sure all will go well. In the meantime you will be in our thoughts.

:boggled:

Last Tango
03-26-2006, 09:31 PM
This procedure is absolutely positively no fun. However, the alternative is far less appealing. Prevented me from having a heart attack that was probably due any day. I had a quadruple bypass instead, which averted heart attack and even more damage. The surgery was also not very entertaining. But, again, the alternative is far less appealing.
Gook luck, and let 'em go for it.

Ed Donnelly
03-27-2006, 12:48 AM
Randy; Be thankful you get any kind of nurse. Whenever I have had it done
(5 times and counting) They slap a 10lb. sandbag on my groin and say see you later. Our prayers are with you............Ed

gold-n-rod
03-27-2006, 05:51 AM
Thanks for the encouragement, guys!

I'm all wired and hosed up and ready to rock! Talk to you soon.

:wavey:

gold-n-rod
03-27-2006, 12:47 PM
I'm back. All's well. They are not going to do the original procedure as they found a small narrowing that got stented (my 4th!). Supposedly, that will alieve the weird rythm.

I appreciate the warm wishes.

:wavey:

Sam
03-27-2006, 01:15 PM
Glad to hear things went well, but I just have to ask one thing. Were you able to score a sponge bath by one of the cute little nurses :yes:. I know I'm a pig...............oh well.

Sam :cool!:

McGary911
03-27-2006, 02:12 PM
Glad everything worked out. Guess it's something you'll have to keep an eye on. Now, on with the boating!!!!

gold-n-rod
03-27-2006, 03:50 PM
Glad to hear things went well, but I just have to ask one thing. Were you able to score a sponge bath by one of the cute little nurses :yes:. I know I'm a pig...............oh well.
Sam :cool!:

That's EXACTLY my biggest beef with my last hospital experience. I was eagerly looking forward to a visit from a cute, young student nurse to give me a nice sponge bath. Instead, I got some burly MALE nurse who slammed down a basin of warm water and a cloth and growled, "Here, give yourself a bath!" I guess it could have been worse, he could have offered to do it! :eek:

If you are pig, Sam, I'm in the stye with you!

:beer: