PDA

View Full Version : OMG... you have GOT to check this out... PIMPSTAR

ChromeGorilla
03-25-2006, 10:33 PM
LMAO..... all ghettoness aside this are pretty friggin neat.... :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

http://images.macnn.com/pimpstar.swf

http://customwheel.com/custom_wheels/product_info.php/products_id/1687

The PimpStar is a huge leap forward in the evolution of the wheel. With the PimpStar's built-in full color LED lights, microprocessor and wireless modem, you can display virtually any image, including text, graphics, logos, and even digital photos!

The included software allows you to create your own images and send them to each wheel individually or all wheels at the same time as you drive! You can even pre-load up to six images into each wheel and program them to change automatically at the time intervals you select. The wheels are environmentally sealed, so you don't have to worry about going to the car wash; and they are powered by the vehicle electrical system so there are no batteries to run out or change, ever.

tiger lily
03-25-2006, 10:38 PM
i was at belle tire a week or so ago, and the guys there were talking about those, and they cant believe that they are even going to sell them..

ChromeGorilla
03-25-2006, 10:44 PM
How about the fun bags on the girl in the video!?!?!?!? Yummy!:spit: :hyper:

tiger lily
03-25-2006, 11:25 PM
haha, i didnt get to see that video, maybe its worth getting the plug in

goatee
03-26-2006, 02:35 AM
was that price a joke?

Carl C
03-26-2006, 06:28 AM
Decorative lighting was outlawed in Michigan and some other states when the kids started putting neons under their cars. They look cool but it is a distraction while driving.

Cuda
03-26-2006, 07:27 AM
Decorative lighting was outlawed in Michigan and some other states when the kids started putting neons under their cars. They look cool but it is a distraction while driving.
That's what I was thinking. I believe it's illegal to show certain color lights on your car, except in certain locations; ie, red light must only be visible from behind. How would you like to drop all that money to see it outlawed next month?

Cuda
03-26-2006, 08:23 AM
now you can see the video of the guys pushing your truck at the ramp, at the ramp ;) :) :rlol:
:
Ouch!

MOP
03-26-2006, 09:09 AM
I'm with Carl on the distraction that some things cause, no matter who you are your eyes will be drawn away from the road not a good thing, there is just to much going on the road needs your full attention.

Phil

MOP
03-26-2006, 09:22 AM
I had to watch it over again, cell phones are bad enough! Now you have some clown working a key board and a mouse, he better have bionic concentration.

ChromeGorilla
03-26-2006, 09:52 AM
Jeez people.....:chillpill :chillpill :chillpill ..... take it for what its worth..... a neat piece of technology.... I wasn't saying they should or shouldn't be on the roads..... just something clever, thats all.

I know what they said in the video about changing on the fly...... I don't think the litteraly mean creating a new image and programing in the vehichle while your driveng....... I think the on the fly is described in the paragraph I quoted.... " You can even pre-load up to six images into each wheel and program them to change automatically at the time intervals you select."

Still, not saying I would have them or anyone else should.... but they are pretty cool IMO.....

onesubdrvr
03-26-2006, 10:40 AM
:rlol:
is this the donzi board or did i get redirected to the hug a tree and kiss an owl site :)
ROTFLMAO
Save the trees, wipe your ass with a spotted owl!! :biggrin:

Wayne

legal disclaimer - as a parent of many I am actually concerned about protecting the environment, but some people just go way overboard!!

joel3078
03-26-2006, 11:22 AM
The brothers always cruise in pairs or more. There will be someone beside the driver to work the laptop. The driver is already working the switch box for the hydraulics.

Smart of their marketing group to show a Caucasion ho. Never know when whitey might want to spend double digit jing on a set of Dub Pimpstar for the Escalade or Navigator. Course you could put em on a Myco and give new meaning to trailer trash.

McGary911
03-27-2006, 10:06 AM
That is pretty cool.......With a little more work, they could probably have them display animated images. Or have a light show, that goes with the music....kinda like the lightshows most music players have on our computers. Guess there's some advertising potential there too. As for the lights being illegal...taxi's in NYC have animated LED display signs on the roof of their cabs.....so there's some precedent......although if a cop wants to hassle someone, they're gonna get hassled.....

A bit much for my style (or wallet), but cool nonetheless.....Maybe i need them for driving up to a Jet game. Can have team logos and stuff on my wheels :)