PDA

View Full Version : New member in need of Help

Waterrat224
03-24-2006, 11:05 PM
Hey guys. I am new to the registry and am hoping to become part of the Donzi family. I am looking at buyin a 1987 Z-33 however I am having trouble determining if it is a Z-33 Crossbow or a Foxfire. The previouse owner does not know and NADA only shows a Z-33 Crossfire which I have been told does not exist and a Z-33/OS. The boat has four total port holes, one hatch in the bow and the bolster seats are side by side at the helm they are not set apart. If anyone can help me answer as to which series boat this is it would be greatly appreciated. I am also trying to find reasonable insurance on this fine boat. What are some decent full coverage rates as well as some good companies? Thanks Kevin

Ed Donnelly
03-25-2006, 12:19 AM
The Firefox is 25' and 29' was built in 1986.
The Crossbow is 33' and built between 1987&90

Oh by the way, welcome to the Registry.
I am sure others will pipe in on the insurance question,
as I am north of the border.............Ed

Cuda
03-25-2006, 05:23 AM
Crossbow.

Do a search under Donzigo, and you will see some Z33 pictures.

Waterrat224
03-26-2006, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the help guys. I will be going down to do an upclose inspection of the boat and hopefully buy her. From the Pictures that I have seen this boat is in great condition. The paint is not original but it is new two years ago and was all done in imron. She does have twin "alpha one speedmaster" outdrives on her behind twin 454/330. Is there any thing that I need to look for inparticular on this age and model of a boat or do these have many problems. Donzigo I greatly appreciate the help and info and might be looking for some help/advise when i get her up and running in the next few months. I will need to re-jet the carbs and play with the timing due to the fact that she is coming off of a fresh water lake at sea level and going to 5500 feet. Have a great night and thanks guys.

Waterrat224
03-27-2006, 06:32 PM
I talked to the owner today about the outdrives. About two years ago the outdrives were trashed and he had them removed and rebuilt with speedmaster kits that are supposed to have harder gears and shafts in them. He has not had a problem with it since. They were rebuilt with factory gear ratios as well.

gold-n-rod
03-27-2006, 07:00 PM
I talked to the owner today about the outdrives. About two years ago the outdrives were trashed and he had them removed and rebuilt with speedmaster kits that are supposed to have harder gears and shafts in them. He has not had a problem with it since. They were rebuilt with factory gear ratios as well.

Dude: You are blinded by lust. Listen to Donzigo. Don't let your heart over rule your head. :bonk:

Waterrat224
03-27-2006, 10:39 PM
After a pretty lengthy discussion with Donzigo I have decided to buy the boat with the thought in my mind that I will have to upgrade my drives in the future. The saving grace that I have is that I am going to lose approximately fifteen to twenty percent of the horsepower by bringing the boat to my elevation. Babying the drives and lose of horsepower will help the life of these. I do appreciate the help and input from everybody on the board. I will be posting pictures after I buy the boat.

donzilla
04-26-2007, 10:14 AM
Are you still looking for a crossbow z-33?

Steve O.
905-528-4448

Donzigo
04-26-2007, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the kudos...........waterat.

The Crossbow was a name given to the boat by OMC in 1990, for marketing purposes.

If you have an Alpha drive, you will be changing it to a Bravo soon enough.The original 454/330 package came witht he Alpha drive in 1986/7 and it had a 1:36 to 1 ratio. They all burned up and were replaced with 1:50 to 1, which is what they make today. The Alpha drive will not hold these big engines, unless you put the boat in your indoor pool and start it up and don't go anywhere.

Throw me a call, if you like. 727-867-7020 or cell 727-709-2918